TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
Administrator
TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released,

https://sourceforge.net/projects/triplea/files/

1.2.5.1 can load saved games made with 1.2.5

Once again, we hope this will be the last unstable release before we release a stable.  If no new significant bugs are reported, then it will be released as stable in a couple weeks.

Changes for 1.2.5.1

* fix bug 2973990 repair rules bug plus new lock not held bug (sgb)

* fix bug 2969991 lock not held bug, 1.2.5.0 (sgb)

* fix bug 2970332 low luck aa casualties don't work when movement varies (sgb)

* fix bug 2971204 moore AI out of bounds exception when no transport rules (sgb)

* partial fix for bug (2971193) to-hit of 6 causes dump- need to revisit when moving to Dx (ComradeKev)

* Re-fix bug (2965453) convoy centers/routes with original owners (ComradeKev)

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

suh-weet!

also, i found a very odd bug while playing rsoc, and hear it is actually common on that map:
the further you go into the game, the more it pops up

units in certain territories can not move at all
the error message is "Not All Units Can Blitz"
even tho, it is the beginning of the turn, sometimes the units only have 1 movement, and they are being dis-allowed from entering any territories including friendly ones

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

also some sort of error about the opening of a zip file
(and i only have one copy of the map in my folder, i have no zip + unzipped version, i start with only zip, no unzipped)

i downloaded Red Sun Over China and when i went into choose games, selected it, and pressed done, i got this error.

however, if i go and upzip the Red Sun Over China map, i no longer receive this error, and the game works just fine

Could not parse:jar:file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Veqryn/triplea/maps/Red_Sun_Over_China.zip!/games/Red_Sun_Over_China.xml
java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.util.zip.ZipException: oversubscribed dynamic bit lengths tree
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:92)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserEntry.<init>(NewGameChooserEntry.java:27)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.createEntry(NewGameChooserModel.java:163)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.populateFromZip(NewGameChooserModel.java:128)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.populate(NewGameChooserModel.java:86)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserModel.<init>(NewGameChooserModel.java:35)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooser.createComponents(NewGameChooser.java:56)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooser.<init>(NewGameChooser.java:45)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooser.chooseGame(NewGameChooser.java:123)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel.selectGameFile(GameSelectorPanel.java:282)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel.access$100(GameSelectorPanel.java:17)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel$2.actionPerformed(GameSelectorPanel.java:164)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at org.jvnet.substance.utils.RolloverButtonListener.mouseReleased(RolloverButtonListener.java:111)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: oversubscribed dynamic bit lengths tree
        at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.zip.InflaterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager$RewindableInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.getDocument(GameParser.java:174)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:90)
        ... 37 more

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Talibush
im not sure if that specific error, but... I know if i want to work on a zip (balancing ultimate_pants), and lets say i unzip it to triplea/tripleaCurrentVersion/maps.  I must remove the zip from the username/tripleA/Maps folder (the folder with all downloaded zips) to not get errors.

I just figured the tripleA engine was looking at the files in both locations and getting confused.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
Probably the zip file was corrupted when you downloaded.  Can you delete it and download it again?

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Bung
EDITED:
I need to mention the AA business because it is a big issue for the players in the lobby. I understand implementation of veqryn's new system might be something you want to do after a new stable because it sounds like a feature. However, this current version that groups by type is a step backwards for the lowluck players of triplea.

I think that it is either best to revert to group all planes and assign randomly (like our last stable) if the new system cant be completed or to get the full system done. By full system i mean veqryns new LL way removing by 6 then random (and if you want to include it, the current group by type as an option.)

 I can appreciate people might want group by type in other mods, but that is a new feature and until both are available this current system is hurting a lot of our core community who are LL players.

(I am obviously ignoring the attacker selects stage in our development)

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

http://n2.nabble.com/Anti-Aircraft-fire-for-Future-Stable-please-read-tp4658925p4658925.html

I will again beg for this.
I believe you guys have already coded the first part, the removing any groups of 6 part.  So all you would have to do is take the old random selection process from 1.0.0.3 and add it on to the end to select the remainder (after removing all groups of 6 by type) as a whole.

Here is a new way of doing AA guns firing with Low Luck, that the entire community is in agreement on:

Assuming you have Low Luck on, and Choose AA off (because if choose AA is on, then you should just lump all aircraft together, then divide by 6, then roll for the mod, then let them choose what dies).
If you have AA Radar, or aa guns that hit at more than 1, or something like that.  You would have to adjust what you see below.

First, remove any multiples of 6 from each Type of air unit.  5 live and 1 dies.  (If you had AA Radar on, you would remove any multiples of 3.  2 would live, 1 would die.).  So for example, if you have 11 fighters and 15 bombers: You would have 1 fighter die and 5 fighters live and be removed from the list.  You would have 2 bombers die and 10 bomber live and be removed from the list.  You are left with a list of 5 fighters and 3 bombers.

Second, determine the number of dice to be rolled, based on the total number left in the list.  So for example, you have 5 fighters and 3 bombers left on the list.  This means there will be 1 definite hit and a rolling at 2 to determine if there is another hit.

Third, roll for the remaining hit.  In this case you roll at 2.  Pretend it is a hit.  (if you had aa radar on, you would double what you are rolling at.)

Forth, you select the remaining casualties.  In our case you have 2 casualties to take.  Line up the remaining aircraft (5 fighters and 3 bombers) and randomly select just 2 to die.  It could be 2 fighters, or 2 bombers, or 1 fighter and a 1 bomber.  Lets pretend that 2 fighters die.

End result: In our example we have 3 dead fighters and 2 dead bombers, leaving 8 living fighters and 13 living bombers.

So to sum up:
Remove any multiple of 6 from each aircraft type/group. Of each multiple of 6 removed, 5 live and 1 dies. Now lump all the aircraft together, as you no longer need to worry about keeping the types of aircraft separate.  Determine how many will die based on low luck, rolling for the remainder.  Now randomly select that number of aircraft to die.

This is how i think about it in my head, obviously the best way to code it might be very different, especially since you have to account for AA guns that might be rolling at 2 (radar tech) or 3 (future stuff?) or whatever.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Hü
BUG(s)?

1. In TripleA Version 1.25 we tried the function „isparatrooper“. But as soon as the function is activated in the tech-section and in the unit-parameters, all units with move >1can move through the enemy lines. Even units without the “blitz” can move into an enemy territory which even has enemy units inside and then move further through this units into the next territory.
The bug happened even when the ww2v3 rules are deactivated. I saw this bug before in version 1.1 or so. (But without any connection to the paratroopers-function).

2. When the ww2v3 rules are activated bombers can transport paratroopers into enemy territories which are on the frontline. This works fine, but dropping the paratroopers behind the enemy lines (what they are supposed to do) it doesn’t work! Meaning it seems that the paratroopers can only invade territories which have a land connection to a friendly territory or a sea-connection. Dropping behind a enemy controlled territory is not possible…

I attached our mod at its current stage. Inside you can find the two xml-files.

Thanks for helping!

New_World_Order_HR.rar

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

paratroopers are required to stop at the first enemy territory the come into contact with
this is not our idea, it is the rules as compliant with v3

as far 1. goes, it does look like a bug, can anyone confirm it? can you please post a save game showing it on one of the regular maps?

thx

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

OnanTheBrBr
I already asked for resolving the AA issue on the NWO communities behalf, so I wont repeat that, but I am glad the WW2 guys think along the same lines. Apologies again for not realizing the problem when the Comrade brought it up in the first place.

Concerning the flexible approach towards the AA's firepower (Radar and more), I understood ComradeKev within the AA thread such that it is already implemented with with a flexible generalized firepower in mind. Thumbs up for that.

Basically, this post of mine is blah-blah. Just trying to give a mood bump, since I can imagine bug fixing grew tiresome in this stage, and I cant do anything else about it.

Regards,
EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Prussia
This post was updated on .
Trying some strat on BW v3.5, run into the following air-carrier movement bug:

(I thought all air-carrier movement bugs had been fixed )

Japan's 1st turn

Japan can send in 6 planes to attack midway fleet, with 4 landing on carriers and 2 landing on nearby islands. Only 4 are allowed by Triplea 1.2.5.0

Here's the saved game:

Air_Movement_Bug.tsvg

EDIT: Resolved.

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
I'll take a look at it.

Is everyone agreed that the best option is veqryns new system.  Or do some people prefer rolling back to the old system?

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

first, send your aircraft out that can land on islands
then send your carriers out to where they will end up
then send the aircraft out that will land on the carriers
then undo your carrier move

if that does not work then:
first send your aircraft out that can land on the islands
then take those aircraft and move them to the islands
then send your carriers out to where they will end up
then send the aircraft out that will land on the carriers
then undo your carrier move

should work

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Hü
I attached the two adopted xml files, only following changes to the original have been made:

***paratroop.xml:

germans paratroop tech activated:
line 1626: <option name="paratroopers" value="true"/>

german elite get paratroop:
line 1689: <option name="isParatroop" value="true"/>
line 1690: <option name="isInfantry" value="true"/>

***paratroop2.xml:

only germans paratroop tech activated:
line 1626: <option name="paratroopers" value="true"/>

The moving through occupied territories-bug can be seen with both xml-files. I also attached a save to show it to you... Greetings Hü

%23NWO_1.7_EB%23paratroop2.xml
%23NWO_1.7_EB%23paratroop.xml
bug_with_paratroop_option.tsvg

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Prussia
Veq's is right. What I did was throwing in the carriers first, then it wouldn't let me land the planes that will land on islands

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Prussia wrote
What I did was throwing in the carriers first, then it wouldn't let me land the planes that will land on islands.
The carrier/aircraft code is tough.  We have to take into account aircraft that came from the carriers, allied aircraft as cargo, potential and past movement of owned carriers, not to mention remaining fighter movement.  It's been on my to-do list to try to refactor that code and make it a bit better.  But that's not something I'm confident in doing while we're trying to get a stable out.  If this issue can wait until after the stable, I promise I'll put some good time into resolving the issues afterwards.

Sound good?

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

OnanTheBrBr
Ye, sounds good, no doubt. And indeed is an abomination, the whole carrier/ftr thing.
Cheers,
EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

i don't really think its all that bad right now,
maybe just set it so that all carrier based air are automatically kamikaze?

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

OnanTheBrBr
Who said it is bad?
My comment was not about the current solution. It was about all the things that have to be taken into account when validating ftr moves, referring to the list Comrade Kev gave.
Just to avoid further misunderstandings.

The current validation works for most cases. I'd prefer that over Kamikaze allowed by default.

EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: TripleA 1.2.5.1 unstable has been released

Bung
Hey SGB, surprised no one responded yet, for everyone we've told the new full LL system of veqryns on the lobby we've got positve response. We've also got good response in his threads on the warclub and these forums. I think that system best represents lowluck for AA fire.

The only reason I mention rolling back to random is because I know you guys are pressed for a stable release and I fear the current system going into that for what could be a long lived release. I just wanted to stress we should keep it as the 1003 stable had it unless the new version could be implemented.

Seriously thanks for your time,
Bung
12