TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
Administrator
TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released, download it here,

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=44492&package_id=119711&release_id=686735

There are two big changes for this release,

1) A new AI (Moore N Able) was contributed by Kevin Moore. This AI is much better than the old Easy AI (now called E.Z. Fodder).

2) For those using java 6 and not using a mac, we are using the substance look and feel.  Do people like it?

The full changelog is,

* put game name in window title (sgb)

* fix bug 2753571 - Unloaded cargo not being removed when transport sinks, also odds calculator fails with transports in revised (sgb,  gruetzdark)

* fix bug 2779959 - AA50: Stay in the Mobilization Zone (sgb)

* fail when loading game where xml case and file name case differs (sgb)

* fix map name/unit case in nwo maps (sgb)

* mark territories with battles (sgb)

* Make it so map utility programs can find the centers, polygons, and map.properties files by using the
  path of the map's image file. (Stephen Wicklund)

* Make it so the user can specify the unit's scale when using the 'Auto Placement Finder' utility.(Stephen Wicklund)

* add a setting to "Lock" the map, so you can observe a game without the map moving all around (Stephen Wicklund)

* add  a setting to suppress the showing of battles between two AIs (Stephen Wicklund)

* add a setting to choose how long the AI pauses between each movement (Stephen Wicklund)

* add a better ai (Kevin Moore)

* limit number of units in one row of production panel to 8 (sgb)

*  The following list of bugs were fixed- primarily for AA50 (Comradekev)
        Fix the engine forcing the repair of at least 1 damage
        Amphib units taken as first casualties if partial retreat is possible
        Fix subs blocking naval bombardment
        Fix paratroop code (die with AA casualties, retreats, non-dependent in regular combat)
        Fix AARadar not inflicting casualties on aircraft
        Fix disappearing fighters on combined US/China turn
        Fix factories with IPC value <3 shouldn't get Increased Production bonus
        Fix warships allowed to battle subs/trns, then move in noncombat movement
        Fix error generation when placing IC, undoing it, then trying to re-place it
        Fix error generation when trying to place both new fighter and CV in sea zone
        Fix Null Pointer when trying to edit a sea zone owner
        Fix US being able to place an IC in a newly captured territory in AA50
        Fix NWO territories Romania, Czech., Normandy, and Le Harve.
        Multi-player transport fleets throw - 'wrong number of casualties selected' error
        Ask if BB/CR should bombard
        Add ability to ignore defending Trns
        Fix NWO map names
        Add damage totals to factory icons (black text)
        US units that move into enemy occupied SZ in non-combat (trn/sub) fight during Chinese combat
        Fix null pointer when loading AA50 maps with 'Show Map Blends' selected on the View menu

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

Bung
Big thanks to sgb Stephen gruetzdark Kevin and Comradekev, keep up the great work guys.

The new look is pretty snazzy, it fits really well with my dark xfce theme  .. I dont know if others will like it, but I assume its customizeable?

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

TaoQiBao
YES

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
It isn't customizable right now, but if enough people don't like it I will reove it, or at least make it optional.

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

Dirtydan213
I'm not sure if its just me or what but I haven't been able to access the lobby server for the unstable version since the update. It keeps saying could not connect to lobby: connection refused: no further content. It does it regardless if I login annon or with a created account. Also I tried the stable version lobby which worked last night but now that doesn't work either and gives the same message. Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

Bung
Sean, Ive posted a bug regarding the lobby for the newest version.

Dirtydan, please use the right lobby-down thread in the future.

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

sieg
Hi

nice work !

I like the new design, but I allways like options ;)

One error i found is about the nwo map,

the names of w. and e. romania are changed, but the placing and the connects are screwed.

-think only the names were changed but not the placeings and connectinons...

Also i would like if the versions could be renamed in NWO 5 Nations/ NWO 9 Nations, instead of players

greetz sieg

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
the lobby client has a big bug that makes it unusable.  for now I've disabled the lobby login for the unstable.

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

U-boat
Now a days, more people are modding to alter current xmls, or to create FFAs. The problem is, as more people want to do these things, the people playing them require downloads for units and flags because the current TripleA versions only supply a limited number of units and flags for nations. Also, the map.properties file in each map (Revised, PoS, etc.) only have the colors for the nations that go with the XML that normally goes with the map. If you don't mind adding the colors for all the nations TripleA comes with for every map. Also, please add the flags for Australia too. I you want I can send you more units for nations and their corresponding flags.

This would be a big help so that people aren't playing games just because they don't feeli like downloading the files, or don't have a clue what they are doing.

Thanks

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

U-boat
ok I see you added the remaining 2 flags for Australia in the unstable version.

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
Installing mods is much easier in the unstable version, you can put the map,images,xml files all in one zip, and simply put the zip in the maps directory (without even unzipping) to play it.  Hopefully this will make sharing mods easier in the future.

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

sieg wrote
the names of w. and e. romania are changed, but the placing and the connects are screwed.
 I've fixed the names in NWO-9 (5 was correct).

If you can tell me what units should be placed in each- I'll correct that.

I also added a name_place.txt for NWO so the country names wouldn't be overlayed with units quite so much.

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

Hobbes__
I've just seen it (the darkened background of the start menus) and my question about it is that it is harder to read (dark grey background against light grey lettering) than the previous one. It can be a case of getting used to it but I'd prefer to keep to the old style.

Hobbes

If you make it so you dont have to unzip it, should the units, flags, etc folder be in the root of the ZIP, or in a folder the same name as the map?

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

U-boat
Also in regards to the new GUI and animations, some computers cant run this kinda stuff without a little bit of lag. The animation where in combat move you move into a hostile territory is sweet, but I think the new GUI should be an option.

OH, and what's Game UUID?

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
The zip file should be layed out exactly the same as the folders in the map directory.  So units in \units, flags in \flags, map.properties in the root etc.

To test it, zip up the contents of aa50 into aa50.zip, delete the aa50 folder, put aa50.zip in maps, and play.

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

really dislike the new graphics look. Black on Dark Gray lettering is rather hard to read, while White on Dark Gray is no fun as well.

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

subotai
I like the new looks, it's slighly better than the old one, but the original is ok as well.

Any chance we get the new unstable lobby up and running?

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

wayneO
Ah, the AI fixes make it a lot more fun.  Nice improvements!

I have an idea for the interface.  One thing that has always bothered me a little is that the production phase popup window and the combat phase popup windows both cover up the game board and I can no longer see the territories or surrounding units.  I previously thought it might be an improvement to redesign it to fit on the right side of the UI as there seems to be room there.

However, there may be a better way, and its just an idea since I don't know how plausible or difficult it is.  I noticed that I could stretch the combat popup window to fit the entire game board.   I thought that if it is easy to change the color of the UI, maybe part of it could be made transparent just as easily?  If so, then maybe the middle of the combat window could be sort of "cut out" so that it more or less gets pushed to the edge of the game board and doesn't block your view.  It could then be centered on the territory where the battle is taking place.  The combat window has lots of space in the middle already.  Why not give it a view port?

The production window would be another story, but I think it would fit nicely into the empty area on the right side of the UI.  It almost can be scaled to fit that area right now, but the lettering would need to be moved slightly.

AI stuff:

I played AA50-41 as Italy and lost due to Japan not advancing past Yakut SSR despite the Russians having no troops east of Russia and Germany in need of help.  Japan also piled way too many units in Manchuria without attacking China or moving them into Russian territory (13 infantry, 10 artillery, 3 tanks in Manchuria vs. 4 infantry on both Suiyuan and Kiangsu).  The US had 37 infantry in Western US.  Perhaps this could be in response to Japan's many troops and the 14 transports that could reach Alaska?  This seems to result in stock piling and neither country making strategical decisions.  Since Germany and Italy were getting pummeled and Russia's backside was unguarded, Japan should have sent a few troops to attack.

Re: TripleA 1.0.3.3 unstable has been released

Reykir
salu,

just joined to say thank you for the work specially on the A.I. lots of improvement there, just one question and one remark:

when I m buying stuff where do I see the IPC left (or is my monitor the problem ?)  ;)

changed A.I. for Germny to easy noob, because Mr. H. didn`t do nothing on NWO, nine players
i think its the most challenging mod, and naval warfare has become really interesting with the last triple a version. As in former mentioned stlemates along oceancoasts, i think problem might be A.I. knows about possible invasions and therefore fortifies. Not a good thing if your "job" in the game is to conquer the whole europe !

so now I´m just ignoring the german fleet and everything is fine ;)
12