TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Sean Bridges
Administrator
TripleA 1.0.2 has been released.  Download it here,

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=44492&package_id=119711&release_id=657601

This is the first beta of the new aa-50 rule set and map.  There will be bugs, so please test and report them.

This release would not have been possible without Kevin, who has done a huge amount of working coding the new rules.

The full change log is,

Changes for 1.0.2.0

* Maps images, and XML for AA50 (Zero Pilot and Black Elk)

* Update game notes (sgb)

* Better error message if no server properties for this version (sgb)

* Mods can now be installed without unzipping anything.  Simply create a zip file with contents that look like any of the folder in maps. (sgb)

* Add new Game chooser dialog that shows games notes. (sgb)

* Move xml files from games folder to /maps/<mapName>/games.  For example, revised.xml is now in maps/revised/games (sgb)

* Add chat ignore feature, thanks to Tango for the icon - http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Library (sgb)

* Add full TripleA 50 support (ComradeKev)
    MUCH thanks to Seidelin for playtesting!

* Add Choose AA Casualties property (value=true) to Revised.xml (President Douchebag)

* Break up Fourth Edition rules into individual rules (while keeping overall Fourth Edition setting) (ComradeKev)

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

dk3k3
ok so far we got russia can't retreat to caucaus after attacking ukraine with 4 infantry and a tank (he scored 2 hits against my 2 infantry artillery and I none) and fighter from uk to baltic isn't supposed to be able to land on a carrier in SZ 2

national objectives didnt' work this game (might have something to do with giving bid of 3 ipc to russia, uk, and america) also the game is a multi and usa gets errors when his turn came

we were playing a 6 player multi game. none of the objectives for any country worked, but USA got lots of error pop ups on his turn so it might have something to do with his own java. I am not sure.

:)

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Can you post the java exception for me.  The multi code is something that I was a bit worried about with all the new dialogs and pop-ups.

I'll take a look at the NOs with bids.  On a solo game, I think they're basically working, though Seidelin just reported a bug to me about the resources not being fully credited.  Also, just fyi- the only notification at this point for NOs is in the history panel.

There are a couple of other known issues that I should let you all know about.  AA hits against a combined force of fighters/bombers don't allocate to each group individually (pre AA50 bug).

Combined amphibious/over land invaders should allow the over land units to retreat but I haven't coded anything to allow that yet.

Selecting the combat history for a round in which a strategic bombing occurred causes a runtime exception (popup exception window).  It shouldn't crash the game though.

Thanks for the report, and keep em coming.

Kev

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Woodstock
Great work guys. I have downloaded it and will post any error I encounter!

*edit*

Just made  a few swift turns with all the basic functions (SBR, tech's, naval battles and amphibious landing, etc etc), and it all works great!
Awesome work men, just awesome.

One minor thingy I saw, which isn't a flaw, but more of an cosmetic thing: When you have bombed a IC, is it possible to have that image of the burning factory appear on the map itself? If you PBEM, your opponent won't know that his factory has been damaged, untill it's own turn, or he checks the history.

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

SewrRatt
I tried connecting to the lobby and it said it couldn't find the lobby for the current version. Are we not going to have a lobby until the stable release?

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Hobbes__
I was also playing during the game mentioned and afterwards I started a new game with bids but the NOs were working correctly.

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Zero Pilot
Excellent! Checking out the all platforms version now...

Thanks for all your hard work just making it all work. This is definitely a milestone release. ~ZP

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

I think I'll probably host a lobby on my machine for the alpha/beta versions.  But I need to work with SGB to get it all set up as I know next to nothing about the connectivity stuff.  It'll probably bee a week or so before that gets up and running.

Kev

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

fuzzykitty
Got a game crash upon finishing the Europe scenario.  It occurred as soon as Russia took the German capital.

Exception in thread "Triplea start local thread" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No resource named:techTokens
        at games.strategy.engine.data.ResourceCollection.getQuantity(ResourceCollection.java:80)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleTracker.takeOver(BattleTracker.java:429)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MustFightBattle.attackerWins(MustFightBattle.java:2738)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MustFightBattle.access$3100(MustFightBattle.java:69)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MustFightBattle$18.execute(MustFightBattle.java:1084)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.ExecutionStack.execute(ExecutionStack.java:52)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.MustFightBattle.fight(MustFightBattle.java:476)
        at games.strategy.triplea.delegate.BattleDelegate.fightBattle(BattleDelegate.java:120)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor106.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.delegate.DelegateExecutionManager$2.invoke(DelegateExecutionManager.java:172)
        at $Proxy3.fightBattle(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor131.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeSingle(UnifiedMessenger.java:728)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeMultiple(UnifiedMessenger.java:697)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.EndPoint.invokeLocal(UnifiedMessenger.java:671)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedMessenger.invokeAndWait(UnifiedMessenger.java:148)
        at games.strategy.engine.message.UnifiedInvocationHandler.invoke(UnifiedInvocationHandler.java:70)
        at $Proxy3.fightBattle(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor106.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.engine.gamePlayer.GameOverInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultPlayerBridge.java:176)
        at $Proxy3.fightBattle(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.battle(TripleAPlayer.java:417)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleAPlayer.start(TripleAPlayer.java:115)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.waitForPlayerToFinishStep(ServerGame.java:623)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.runStep(ServerGame.java:487)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ServerGame.startGame(ServerGame.java:299)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.launcher.LocalLauncher$2.run(LocalLauncher.java:125)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Seidelin
It seems the national objectives are working as intended in solo games, without AI. (Which is basically how I have tested before release). The problem occurs when AI is used, as previously reported, or (new report), when playing networked games. In networked games, only the host can use the money earned from NO's. The connected clients cannot spend the IPC's gained from NO's, and they end their turn with 5 IPC's or however many IPC's they earned from NO's.

RE: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

dk3k3
I think the error is client host related. It shows the correct amount on the host, but not for the person connecting to him. So to him it says 47 ipc and when I finish my turn and only spend 37 it'll say 57 ipc (basically telling him I didn't spend the 10). However I was only allowed to spend 37 and I make bonuses but am never allowed to spend them while the host is allowed to spend them.

There's no error code. it's just something that happens sadly.

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:45:05 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

[...]

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/TripleA-1.0.2-unstable-has-been-released-tp2250917p2252306.html

Windows Live™ Hotmail®:…more than just e-mail. Check it out.

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Bung
Id be happy to host the unstable lobby on the current server. Ill give SGB a quick email.
KP

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

KP
Hey Guys

Love the work on AAA so far. I have been waiting YEARS for a better substitute for Hasbro's old version. Just found you recently. I have been playing the "Classic" AAA.

I have noticed an improved AI in the "classic" AAA with the new 1.0.2 version.

A couple of quick suggestions...

You should add an option to keep playing AFTER the traditional victory conditions have been met, when playing vs. the AI, as was possible in version 1.0.0.3 and Hasbro's version. This would make me the happiest AAA player in the world.

Also, and I'm sure you know already, but when playing vs. the AI (classic) in 1.0.2, the game crashes if enemy capitals are captured. I have seen this when playing both Germany and Japan so far...

Thanks, and I'll look forward to playing the next version!

KP

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Domsterlord
When playing with direst connect my opponent got tech with germany on turn 1 but I was asked to pick the chart instead of him.

Dom

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Domsterlord
taking egypt on I1 allows the italian fighter to attack trans Jordan with fighter
(that could land In EGy but it normally cant as it is newly conquered
Dom)

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Domsterlord
Same game:

Ger got rockets on G1 (when is asked me)

Reaserch tokens were still there on G2, so he bough one and rolled three dice...

Dom

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Domsterlord
Same thing happened with Japan. Not sure If I will loose my reasearch tokens As I havent gotten any tech yet...

Jet fighters didnt seem to attack at 4 though,  not sure if they will defend at 5
Dom

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Domsterlord
Game will not allow 2 AA guns in the same territory.
Also it will only allow one rocket attack per turn, no matter how many aa guns we had or were in range...

Dom

opponent was not able to use paratroopers with ger. He got a unit does not have enough movement message
Dom

Re: TripleA 1.0.2 unstable has been released

Seidelin
Domsterlord wrote
taking egypt on I1 allows the italian fighter to attack trans Jordan with fighter
(that could land In EGy but it normally cant as it is newly conquered
Dom)
This bug is known, and not due to the taking of Egypt, but rather the presence of a Japanese carrier at Burma, which in the broken logic is thought to be able to move two SZ's to pick up the fighter (even though the Japanese carrier obviously can't move on Italys turn).

Your other reports revealed some problems mostly relating to networked games. Nice to know.
12