Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

FireZealot

I'm having trouble getting the new version of triple a working on my mac. I'm using OSX 10.8 (mountain lion). I did not have any trouble with older versions of triple a. (I had 1.5.2)

 I can open/verify the dmg file fine, but when I click on the triple a icon it asks me if I want to open a file from the internet. I say yes, the "dock" bar at the bottom of the screen moves a bit and then nothing.

If I first copy the triple a icon to my "applications" folder, I never even get the pop up. Dock bar moves for a sec, then nothing.

Any idea how to fix this?

EDIT: I already tried the fixes suggested on the sticky
To the meaningless French idealisms: Liberty, Equality and Fraternity, we oppose the three German realities: Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery - Prince Bernhard von Bülow

Re: Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

hepster
You might be running into the problem that all Mac users were running into.

From reading it seemed to stem from a Mac change.  Something about how Mac changed permissions for programs.

There is another thread that covers this in another section.  I'll try to locate it and post the link here.

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Attentional-all-Apple-Mac-OS-users-must-read-to-be-able-to-play-tp7580489.html

Hopefully this is the cause of your problem.

Re: Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

I do not have a mac computer, so I really can't help.

Can someone who has OSX 10.8 confirm if they are able to install triplea (and how they did it) please?

Sorry I forgot to mention that I already tried the fix Veqryn posted. (haha you'll see my post on that tread)
To the meaningless French idealisms: Liberty, Equality and Fraternity, we oppose the three German realities: Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery - Prince Bernhard von Bülow

Re: Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

SomeMacUser
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

Ayatollah So
I have a problem, which sounds like a different problem.  I successfully installed triplea into my applications folder.  However, when I choose a map and local game with all human players, and hit Start, I get an error.  I do have java installed.

The error is

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.6.1.2
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.UIContext.getSkins(UIContext.java:435)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.UIContext.getSkins(UIContext.java:429)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.TripleaMenu.addMapSkinsMenu(TripleaMenu.java:1348)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.TripleaMenu.createViewMenu(TripleaMenu.java:243)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.TripleaMenu.createGameSpecificMenus(TripleaMenu.java:186)
        at games.strategy.common.ui.BasicGameMenuBar.<init>(BasicGameMenuBar.java:60)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.TripleaMenu.<init>(TripleaMenu.java:123)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.TripleAFrame.createMenuBar(TripleAFrame.java:514)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.TripleAFrame.<init>(TripleAFrame.java:220)
        at games.strategy.triplea.TripleA$1.run(TripleA.java:140)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:682)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:85)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:643)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:641)
        at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)

Any help would be appreciated

Re: Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

try installing a couple maps first,
or try installing triplea to a different directory

Re: Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

Ayatollah So
Thanks.  Maps give me some kind of warning about zip files not being directories, or something, when I try to download them.  I can select various maps, but get a very similar looking error (not identical).  I installed the game to the desktop (as a "drive"?) this time.  Warning, I am an utter Mac novice.

Re: Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

can you post the error please?

Re: Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

Ayatollah So
This post was updated on .
Hmm, problem solved now, by removing everything except the .dmg file, then copying the tripleA icon to the applications file.  I must have done something wrong moving/copying directories, before.

Thanks Veqryn - the error WAS:

[...]

it is identical

anyway, can you post the error about map zips not being folders or whatever?

Re: Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

Ayatollah So
The map zips/folders error is gone now, too.

SomeMacUser, I have Java installed. Still not working :(
To the meaningless French idealisms: Liberty, Equality and Fraternity, we oppose the three German realities: Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery - Prince Bernhard von Bülow

Re: Triple A 1.6.2 not working on OSX, tried fixes

can you guys confirm if some older version of triplea worked, but the newest one does not?