Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

1 ... 10111213141516 ... 25

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

SantaClaus
Veqryn wrote
Hi Hepster, Rolf,

I really like your game, but I want you guys to basically throw away everything that you have done.

Please cut the map in half, and also remove all sea zones.  Delete all sea units, and air, and like half of the land units please.

Also, the technologies are way too unbalanced, they should go as well.  Same with the minor powers.

I've played this game against the AI before, and I think that my suggestions would make the map far far more balanced.

There is just no way to balance a map that is more complex than RISK, so you guys better just start over.

I look forward to testing your revised map against the AI soon,

thanks,
veqryn
I just about died laughing here.

Oh yeah, RISK isn't balanced, since everyone places their reenforcements differently, some people will have an advantage in some areas. Just play a few games of Risk and you'll see

Chess isn't balanced either since white always gets to go first they have the advantage in every game.
Same with checkers and tic-tac-toe, whoever goes first has the advantage.

Obviously the only solution is to have a game with exact symmetry where all the sides move simultaneously

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

L & H Studios
LOL.  Ok that's about enough of that.   Can we please just drop it in this thread.  Much appreciated.

On a different note,  the new T.W.W. 2.6 is will be coming to all of you in the very near future.

Technicians are fixing a few last minute things with the new game notes, but otherwise everything is ready.

Allied Propaganda

Axis Propaganda

Obviously the new game includes some changes to provide a better game experience.  We have changed number of aspects of the game in order to both; improve playability and game balance.

The full list of changes are as follows....

1)  Map changes

Eastern Central U.S.  Increased by +1 P.U.  Objective  Slight increase to U.S.A.

North Eastern U.S.  Increased by +1 P.U.  Objective  Slight increase to U.S.A.

Northern Finland  Hills terrain added.    Objective  Provide Finland with a better defensive position versus invasion and permit construction of Alpine Infantry (with Barracks and Improved Special Warfare).

Gold Coast  Increased by +1 P.U. (2 P.U. value) Objective  Provide both the Axis (Vichy France) and the Allies (Exiled Allies) with a second option in Central Africa for production development and raise the strategic importance of Central West Africa region.

2)  Unit Changes

All Aircraft  +1 P.U. increase in cost.  Objective  Bring better parity between aircraft and all other units within the game.

Air Transports  No longer selectable as a casualty during combat (player enforced)  Objective  To reduce the overpowered nature of para-dropping units into hostile territories.  Air-Trannies are still susceptible to A.A. Gun fire, however may not be used as fodder for attacking paratroopers.

Tactical Bombers  Attack reduced by 1,  Terrain bonus for Urban terrain removed,  S.B.R. capabilities limited to Trucks & Materials only.  Objective  To reduce the over-powered nature of the unit.

Strategic Bombers  Terrain Bonus for Urban reduced, S.B.R. capabilities limited to static targets.  Objective  To limit and differentiate the role of the unit within the game.

Advanced Naval Fighters  *NEW UNIT* Objective  Added to game due to changes in the Air Techs (See Techs below).

Advanced Tactical Bombers  *NEW UNIT*  Objective  Added to game due to changes in the Air Techs (See Techs below).

3)  Tech Changes

Cruiser  A.A. ability raised by +1 for Advanced Hulls (A.A. strike of 3 total)  Objective  Add value to the feature for the unit.

Air techs over-hauled

Objective  To slow the benefits of the air improvements and require players to invest heavily in order to have air units capable of moving max. distances.

4) Starting Setup

Germany Strengthened & weakened slightly

Russia Strengthened slightly in the back field

Japan Reduced airpower

China Strengthened slightly via some unit locations

Britain   strengthened slightly in naval

U.S.A.  Strengthened slightly in naval

I will edit in a detailed list of the specific changes in the next day or so.

Hopefully this will be the last required set of changes to the game.

We should have the release out to you in the next couple of days.

Cheers, Rolf & Keith.

Bringing games to life with imagination and toil

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Boom
Hi Master Modder-

RE: Advanced Naval Fighters

Reviewing the Air Warfare Technology Tree I do not see any references to Advanced Naval Fighters. Should we assume that by researching Advanced Fighters @ Tier 3 that this enables construction of both Advanced Fighters and Advanced Naval Fighters? Looking forward to playing the new release and thanks for all your hard work!

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Rolf Larsson
thx boom, yes advanced fighters means both, advanced normal fighters and advanced naval fighters.

Version 2.6 uploaded,
and immediately after it, following the orders of the big boss Veqryn,
version 2.6.1 uploaded, which includes the manual as pdf again, as well as the gamestartnotifications as text.
We now have custom dice!

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

thank you rolf,

i coded those scroll bars just for you, btw

and the manual will be a boon to people who might want to read it without playing the game at the same time, and people who want to print it, and people with 2 computers who want to play and read on separate screens, etc.

glad to see 2.6.1 is out, both rolf and hepster deserve a big round of applause

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

zlefin wrote
1. as a russian with logistics, I captured a truck from germany who does not have logistics.  The truck then had one movement available in noncombat; normally stuff that's been captured can't move that turn, but this truck had one movement.  Probably because the tech gave it an extra point of movement.  Is this a bug or feature?
I can not seem to replicate this.

I give Russians logistics tech.

I put a german truck in a territory, and conquered it with the russians.

I can't move the truck.

can someone explain?

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Rolf Larsson
about: not sure if you fixed this or not. I can not follow the link, error etc. authorization.
Hepps said it is something with US airfield in russian territories or something, can only happen when a russian territory is liberated by US, but that would not allow to build immediately, because of captured this turn limitation and it is given back when US ends turn. Building in LL territories, seems also not possible, cause those are changing ownership before purchase, so no idea when such a situation can occur at all. I am not sure, but I think even when all russian territories are captured a liberation of any territory will not allow build, but give it back.

About the Truck and Logistic, I changed it in this version, the logistics tech changes unit properties now correctly after combat, was set to change during combatmove earlier, I think.
We now have custom dice!

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Dima
Ok 2 bugs found till now:
1. - Hvy Tanks dosent show the fire/smoke after it recives 1 hit
2. - the Canadian Airplanes dont swich to Britain (build a Air factory in Quebec and the Tactical remaind Candian)
Why stay and die, when you can retreat and fight a other day when the odds are favorable to you?

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

hepster
Dima,  I have tried to replicate the no Hvy Tank hit image and it never re-occurred.  I'm wondering if it was just a by-product of an ill-timed error that we encountered.

I'm going to keep an eye on it,  but I have not been able to isolate any issue in the XML.

The Canadian air force will have to be corrected though.

Cheers.

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Rolf Larsson
Some issues occured:

1. Eastern Manchuria not changing unitownership correctly(Padawan, thx).
2. Canada, Australia not changing airuntis correctly(Lala, thx, sorry Dima, Lala was faster).
3. Some other minor territories not changing unitownership correctly(Rolf, bigthx!).
4. Scrambling vs. Seaunits launching an amphibious assault was still in(Hepps and Rolf, megathx!).

All fixed here in the xml version 2.6.2:

Total_World_War_Dec1941.xml

just replace the 2.6.1 one in your mapsfolder, if you don´t know how to do it, wait until next update or figure out.
We now have custom dice!

5. Hvy Tanks got 3 hits at this moment, they dont take AT dmg, even if you got Adv. AT tech ( thx dima :)) )
Why stay and die, when you can retreat and fight a other day when the odds are favorable to you?

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

hepster
It's an engine problem related to how A.A. strikes are coded

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

lalapalooza
Just wanted to report another potential error:

I was able to build a barracks as Japan in French Indo-China despite it saying in the manual that japan cannot produce things there.

But then when I went to produce units there next turn, I was unable to. Is this supposed to be coded into the game or a player-enforced rule?

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Rolf Larsson
Thanks Lala,

FIC is owned by Japan currently and therefore not limiting constructions(Airfields, defensive stuff and all other production buildings), the restriction really only affects building of units. While I think airfields, forts and trenches are ok, production buildings should not be allowed. Player enforced rule should only be there as a last resort and this may take a few triggers and work, but it can be easily changed to be governed by the engine. The problem with player enforced rules is, that people tend to ignore it simply, with something like: Oh, I didn´t know it was not allowed, and: Oh, I must have missed this in the manual etc.

Some changes to manual are needed and for next 2.6.3 we have this issues:

- remove the flyover AA fire ability from cruisers
- set FIC to not allow certain buildings, or solve otherwise
We now have custom dice!

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Dima

SPA improvement via tech tree to become more appeling 2 the players:

- Imp. Mechanization beside the normal bonuses should enable SPA to carry 1 unit in noncombat
- Adv. Anti-Tank beside the normal bonuses should give a +1 AA first strike to the SPA ( 4 in total = to the AT gun)

PS: Mech Inf should recive a small bonus 2 , just my opinion (+1 att or def )

Cheers and very good work guys on the new version
Why stay and die, when you can retreat and fight a other day when the odds are favorable to you?

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Rolf Larsson
Thx Dima,

I think the SelfPropelledArtillery is attractive and does not need to be made more attractive. It´s AntiTank strike is just another bonus for it, not it´s main purpose, it starts beeing able to hit HeavyTanks, too. So as a 2 move unit, providing support with good values and the AT ability, no need to make it even more attractive. Players going for HeavyTanks have it on their techlist anyway.
SPA should not carry stuff imo, would make MechInf and Trucks less interesting and raise the question, why should Tanks not carry stuff.

Mech.Inf improvement is the old discussion, they have excellent terrain modifier values, 2 move, good values, support and the ability to carry stuff, if you don´t buy those because you only look at the base values and the cost and compare it to other stuff and it´s base values...
We now have custom dice!

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Dima
sonrix_new_version.tsvg
a game for feedback, round 10 and game is still going on, seems quite balanced
Why stay and die, when you can retreat and fight a other day when the odds are favorable to you?

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Dima
Maybe a split of the current Mobile Arty. in 2 distinct units?
1. The current Mobile Arty. to become only a suport unit in att/def
2. A new unit named Tank Destroyer (TD) with 2/6/2/6 that has a roll at 3 first strike vs Mech, Tanks and TD's, this will have a more defensive role
Why stay and die, when you can retreat and fight a other day when the odds are favorable to you?

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

wirkey
I think we already have enough units, no need to split it. Mob Art is a really nice unit to have, same as mech inf. If you are only looking at the stats of mech inf, you are missing the transport capacity, which is a huge bonus, especially in later games
1 ... 10111213141516 ... 25