Quantcast

Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

L & H Studios
This post was updated on .
Total World War 2.5 and later versions thread:

Version 2.5.4 available from map repository, normal way to download maps.

How to manually install:
(Windows XP)  C:\Documents and Settings\YourName\triplea\maps
(Windows 7)  C:\Users\YourName\triplea\maps
(Mac)  /home/user/documents/triplea/maps
(Linux)  /home/user/triplea/maps
Simply download the file with your webbrowser and move it to that folder.  No need to unzip.

Have fun with it, Hepps and Rolf.
Bringing games to life with imagination and toil

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

L & H Studios
This post was updated on .
Map:

Nations:

Units:

Technology:

Terrain modifications:

Supports:

Those are just some images from the very good manual, which is always included in the map folder, make sure to read it carefully, it explains every detail of the map. Open Total_World_War.zip, open TotalWorldWarManual.pdf and save somewhere. Best to print it, cause it allows to have a look while playing easily.

Reserved

Reserved

Reserved
Bringing games to life with imagination and toil

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Dima
omg finnaly
Why stay and die, when you can retreat and fight a other day when the odds are favorable to you?

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Ready
Is it out yet?

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

1 question: where my Land BB?

Ready
Is he description of rockets on page 3 accurate?   "Rockets may not be intercepted..."

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

hendriks1
Great news, looking at the manual now and yes, we will be delivering an AAR (after action report) based on a 2.5 game, as I think this great game should get maximum exposure. I just hope we can get it into a nice format and with good pictures.

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

when you guys finally do release it, you should delete all these posts

otherwise this is just going to be 3 pages of "where is it"  and "is it done yet"

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Rolf Larsson
Ready wrote
Is the description of rockets on page 3 accurate?   "Rockets may not be intercepted..."
This rule is still there, nothing changed here. You may not intercept Rockets still, cause the intercept takes place automatically by AA abilities of Fighters and AdvancedFighters vs. Rockets. The normal airbattle values are much to high for Fighters etc. If it is ok for you and your enemy, you can agree to intercept Rockets with the standard air attack/defense values those fighters etc. have, but the whole Rocket thing becomes more or less useless then. I hope some day it is possible to have a list of what should be intercepted and what not, but until then, do not intercept them.
We now have custom dice!

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Ready
[SHAKES HEPPS FROM HIS DEEP SLEEP]

IT'S TWW 2.5 DAY!!!!

Everybody knows you have to release this on Thanksgiving Eve!  *GASP* Otherwise Odesa will have to spend time with his wife!

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Ready wrote
Is he description of rockets on page 3 accurate?   "Rockets may not be intercepted..."

Ready/Poho if you read the unit abilities on page 6  you will see how both fighters and advanced fighters deal with rocket attacks.  (Far right hand side).

Rockets can still not be intercepted in the conventional sense.  However they now have the limited ability to strike at incoming rockets with an A.A. roll.

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Rolf Larsson
2.5 available from repository, the normal way to get maps
We now have custom dice!

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Odesa

Hehe, too funny Mr. Po Ho :)

Re: Total World War: December 1941 Version 2.5

Dima
First impressions after playing a few rounds as Axis:

1st. Shared Tech. is creating big unbalance, cuz it has a bigger impact for the Allies and by turn 5 we got 4 nations with around 8 tech's each.
 My suggestion is to redesign this option to work only 1 way , for USA (USA recieves tech from UK,but UK dosent recive from USA) and Germany (Germany recives tech from Italy, but Italy dosent recive from Germany ). Like this we get only 2 tech. leading nations, wich in my opinion its normal and historical correct, and the justification for the for this 1 way shared tech is that the US had many joint reserch programs with the brits and but had programs and tech that they kept it for themself, same for Germany and Italy.... we didnt see Italian King Tigers or ME-262.

2nd. From my point of view the E.A. minor is creating big unbalance and ahistorical facts specialy in Africa and S-E Asia, this cuz of ther ability to build production buildings in protectorate terr. ( Congo and Java)
 The Java problem is that if EA builds a BRks ther, Japan will never get it! Didnt know that the idonesians fighted for the allys, and that the  dutch started to arme the locas! Usualy japan attackd and occupaid Java by round 5-6, now EA get a Brks ther by round  3-4.
Same thing is happening with  Congo, overall Allys got 2 minors Africa (Egypt and S. Africa ), dont think that the allys really need 1 more minor in Africa to fight the Italyans !

Cheers, GREAT MAP!
Why stay and die, when you can retreat and fight a other day when the odds are favorable to you?