This Forum Is Deprecated (Use https://forums.triplea-game.org/)

All users have moved to the new forum at https://forums.triplea-game.org/. This forum is only for historical purposes and we will look to lock new threads/posts soon.

Re: This Forum Is Deprecated (Please Post at https://forums.triplea-game.org/)

captaincrunch
I actually stayed at this forum because the new one had no one and this forum had daily postings but w/e I guess you want us at the other one so I'll register

QUESTION - can I find the AI development thread at the new forum easy ... where is it please and thanks

Re: This Forum Is Deprecated (Please Post at https://forums.triplea-game.org/)

Re: This Forum Is Deprecated (Please Post at https://forums.triplea-game.org/)

captaincrunch
you rock

Re: This Forum Is Deprecated (Please Post at https://forums.triplea-game.org/)

prastle
Do you want me to lock old warclub now?  What time line are you thinking?

Re: This Forum Is Deprecated (Please Post at https://forums.triplea-game.org/)

I figured give it a week or 2 then we will lock both this forum and war club.

Re: This Forum Is Deprecated (Please Post at https://forums.triplea-game.org/)

prastle
Administrator
kk

Re: This Forum Is Deprecated (Use https://forums.triplea-game.org/)

WhiteElk
A shame. Have lurked this forum for years, posting only occasionally. Will give the site yet another look once/if a relevant sized community should take root there, though i'm not sure i'll ever register there regardless of if the community should prosper or not (this move feels wrong, forced, for private aim not for communal good). i have understood the argument for consolidation though i disagree that a forced migration will have a net positive affect.

 i have yet to find any stated reason for why this forum was no longer suitable (why move the greater and established population when the smaller populations could move here?), perhaps i missed it. From my perspective of partial ignorance this move feels like it is done to suit specific individuals. And the move does not appear to be popularly supported as evidenced by how relatively few of us have moved to the new site.  Blah blah. fah
A link to the TripleA wiki (work in progress)

Re: This Forum Is Deprecated (Use https://forums.triplea-game.org/)

@WhiteElk - The forum move has kind of been in the works for a while now. Initially we were going to consolidate this forum over to the warclub forum. But after evaluating that, we decided to instead go all in on the new TripleA website and consolidate both forums to it:
http://www.triplea-game.org/
https://forums.triplea-game.org/

Most active folks from both this forum and warclub have moved over and I'd say its considerably more active than either forum has been for a while now. The new forum does have a much different interface so takes a little time to get used to but actually does have much better features and is on more modern technology stack. I think most of the active map makers, developers, and mods have moved over now.

The main reasons for the move were:
- Consolidation of existing forums and communities (this and warclub)
- Continue move away from SourceForge (all of the maps and code had already been moved to github):
https://github.com/triplea-game
https://github.com/triplea-maps
- Try to minimize spam users and posts (we were starting to get more spam over the last year both here and in warclub due to the outdated security they have)

The goal is to give folks a few weeks to move over before freezing this forum and warclub though they are already pretty dead. I don't want it to feel forced but I also don't want to leave it open and have users posting here but never getting responses from devs which would lead to frustration.