There be Dragons? (map to big?)

Ready
I have spent a great deal of time making a map.  I have just now entered the phase with the triplea utilities.  I think my map must be to big for triple a.  I have loaded several small test maps without fail, but my larger map chokes.

What is the max gif file size and or pixel size for the utilites?

Re: There be Dragons? (map to big?)

Hobbes__
I've done 1 or 2 maps and I remember encountering that problem but I can't exactly recall what was the cause of it. Probably something to do with the territory borders being too thin.

Can you upload an image of your map or send it here? It might be easier to spot the problem by looking at the map.

Hobbes

Re: There be Dragons? (map to big?)

Ready
A little later tonight I can.   The map size is 12800 pixels x 13056 pixels.  50 X 51 tiles.

Sean Thompson
Mobile Email

On Feb 12, 2009, at 1:17 PM, "Ghost Rider (via Nabble)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I've done 1 or 2 maps and I remember encountering that problem but I can't exactly recall what was the cause of it. Probably something to do with the territory borders being too thin.

Can you upload an image of your map or send it here? It might be easier to spot the problem by looking at the map.

Hobbes

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/There-be-Dragons---%28map-to-big-%29-tp2313621p2316574.html

Re: There be Dragons? (map to big?)

Sean Bridges
Administrator
You have to give java more memory.  Use the command, add  -Xmx256m  right after java when running the map utilities.

Re: There be Dragons? (map to big?)

Ready
Thanks Sean... I will try giving it a boost on memory...

Click HERE for a zip file of my map.

FYI it's a jpg image... The image I am using in the utility is a gif.

Re: There be Dragons? (map to big?)

xrayman
how is the triple A utility phase of the map going?  I'm looking forward to it.  Do you know if it will be able to be used with AA50?

Re: There be Dragons? (map to big?)

Ready
Well right now to be honest it's on hold until after my family moves in a few weeks to our new home in North Carolina.  I hope to be back at it shortly there after.

:)

I'll see if I can get some notes up on the map and show the direction of things.  Right now the map has to be put through the utilities and I have to finish up the unit icons.

Ready

On Feb 25, 2009, at 4:49 PM, xrayman (via Nabble) wrote:

how is the triple A utility phase of the map going?  I'm looking forward to it.  Do you know if it will be able to be used with AA50?

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/There-be-Dragons---%28map-to-big-%29-tp2313621p2386362.html

Re: There be Dragons? (map to big?)

Ready
Yes, the plan is to use the map with the new AA-50 Rules (can't wait to try paratroopers).   I should also have a version with the older rule set.

Re: There be Dragons? (map to big?)

xrayman
sounds great.  good luck with the move.  I was thinking of making a map as well.  I have essentially no programming experience.  How difficult is it?  Are the programs/utilities required to make one on the tripleA download?  Are instructions on making a map posted anywhere?  thanks