THE RISING SUN

sieg
This post was updated on .
1.2

Details in Game notes

PS: Not all Canals work Propper(engine problem), but they are Visible, so play them as they work...

DOWNLOAD NEW VERSION 1.2

Be sure to get newest RELIEF TILE

hostet via E.Bs Map Depot

Changelog

- Masaharu + bomber, fighter, sub, tp
- Neutrals in Mongolia upped to 6
- Balance Pearl Harbour
- Added Carriers to Dutch and Thai
- Finetuned Relif and BaseTiles
- Connections fixed

Have Fun

sieg

Re: THE RISING SUN

thats a big map!

looks good tho,

some quick notes for the next version:

"No Economic Victory" is no longer part of the engine, so the property can be deleted

"Heavy Bombers Pick best of X Dice" is no longer part of the engine also, and it was replaced with "LHTR Heavy Bombers" which does essentially the same thing.  (LHTR Heavy Bombers pick the best of the first 2 dice, so you have to have heavy bomber dice set at 2 for it to work, which you do, so no worries.)

you also may want to add: <property name="neutralCharge" value="0"/>  because if you do not add it, it defaults to "3".

Re: THE RISING SUN

sieg
hi

thx for quick feedback

will change/add next version...

greetz

sieg

Re: THE RISING SUN

Gneis
hi coward Sieg! 2 problems with Rising Sun: Cruisers cant transport units, and in notes it says nothing about super trannies... how much they move, how much units can carry?

Re: THE RISING SUN

sieg
Be sure to get the updatet 0.7 ABOVE

hf

sieg

Re: THE RISING SUN

wel ur doing a great job seig, lot of playtesting going on and things get fixed right away

kudos to you!!

ice

got some more connections missing:)

sz 1 --- N. Japan
Ulaan ude --- Jinan

Re: THE RISING SUN

sieg
Be SURE to get LATEST UPDATE to 0.8 ABOVE

have fun

sieg

Re: THE RISING SUN

Gneis
hi coward Sieg! wonderful and awesome map! this should be call without any doubt NWO pacific! continue the good job!

Re: THE RISING SUN

Axisgeneral
This map is awesome and think you are a genius! Every map you come out with is of the highest quality

Some suggestions after playing this a couple of times.

USA is still very weak compared to Japans naval faction Yamamoto. It is out collects USA by 30+ on average in addition to starting off with a larger navy. Once it loses the islands it is lucky to collect anything over 50 ipc's. Since USA does not have access to much territory worth anything I feel mainland USA should be increased much more. Can not see how allies could possible win since Japan army faction seems to steamroll china rather easily as well. I understand you want to give the axis a chance however it is not accurate to think Japan ever had more industrial capacity than the USA. Small tweak will give the allies a chance and make a very popular map. The way it is right now if the Allies do not have a chance people will not want to play unless they can be Japan.

My suggestions:

Increase USA to collect 70 ipc's even after losing its islands. Bumping up California, San Fran, ect

Increase Midway to 2 or 3 ipc's.  (Gives Japan some reason to not ignore USA as is the case with the games ive seen)

Give China a factory in Schezwan worth 3 ipc's.
Increase Sinkang to 3 ipc's

I think the map is very close to being balanced and these changes can help with balance.

Great map and nice work as always :)

Re: THE RISING SUN

You could always do a "At War Switch"

basically, made a territory worth 40 or something rather high, but the territory at the bottom of the screen, and connected to that territory is another territory with a USA infantry on it.

On the third turn, (or whatever turn you Sieg, the game maker, decide), the USA player will move their infantry onto that territory.

what is represents is the switch to a war-time economy.

Or you could do a few territories between the infantry and the 'switch to wartime economy' territory.

So if you want the USA to get the income bump on the 4th turn, you put 3 empty territories between the switch territory and the usa infantry territory.

Re: THE RISING SUN

OnanTheBrBr
... the PAIN, if then a US player forgets to move that inf for a round, and gets no merciful EDIT granted... ;) hehe

Pulicat uses such a switch in RSOC, and it works well.

EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: THE RISING SUN

OnanTheBrBr
Ok, I hosted =THE RISING SUN= v.08 in the Depot.
Sieg, you only have to give me some email address of yours, so that I can then give you write access to both screenshot and zip file. You then can update both files independently in the future.

Zip file needs to be zipped (not rar-ed), and in the structure of the one currently hosted in the Depot (so no =THE RISING SUN= folder within the zip).
Screenshot should be jpeg (to minimize download time) and 400 pixels in width (standard for the repository).

Regards,
EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: THE RISING SUN

Gneis
Since coward Sieg never answers I want to ask you a few questions about Rising Sun (NWO pacific):

1- Why T boats carry infantry?

2- Why Super Subs carry infantry?

3-Why Super Carriers carry 3 fighters and have damage like Battleships?

4- Why introducing Super trannies? (and how much they can carry?)

I loved all changes but deserves and explanation to all players

thanks coward Ernie I know you know the answers

Re: THE RISING SUN

hippopotamus
Hi Sieg,

I noticed a potential japanese strategy that can take russia out pretty quickly.

If the japanese go through e. mongolia and build up 25 units or so in khan, they can steamroll through kyzal and into kaask before the russians have a chance to do anything.

I don't know if that would tip the balance of the game.

Re: THE RISING SUN

hippopotamus
also, is it legal for the allies to attack russian territory?

and connection betweeen Haixi and Kyzyl is broken.

Re: THE RISING SUN

OnanTheBrBr
Kind of you, Gneis, but I cant can only answer with guesses, since sieg made these changes all on his own account.
Most simple answer probably is that the map seems to have a stronger focus on naval action (although I actually aint sure that holds in the long run, since the income structure actually doesnt support extended naval investments). Given that it is more focused on navy, it seems to come naturally to diversify the naval unit structure a bit, while simplifying the land unit structure.
I would have thought that adding/removing units might have been better than changing existing ones, with respect to the nice synergy between NWO and this map. But changes are limited, and new units would also require new graphics.

On the specific changes:
-the inf transporting super subs can enable fantastic sneak moves. If the game benefits from that, or becomes too instable - time will have to tell. I had them included in a test version of NWO, but removed em again, for some map specific reasons.
-The Super Transports are great value for shipping troops (of cause with the trade-off that they aint good fodder). However, nations who may need transports seem to have transport capacity in abundance already. Think their impact currently is low.
-t-boats: Not sure if making them another transport unit (for 5 in total!) actually diversifies the unit structure, since the raised price also weakens their role as the ultimate fodder. But might be fun on the map. Slow fighting transports (t-boats), bombarding transports (cruiser), normal transports, diving move-3 transports (S.Sub) and ubertransports (SuperTrns). Funny.
-SuperCarriers and long range ftrs seem to be made to be used by the US. Given the enhanced offensive potential of a Super Carrier over a normal one, it is placed between Carrier (defensive buy) and Battleship (offensive).

Thats just my thoughts.
EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot

Re: THE RISING SUN

sieg
hi

first of all thx for the feedback

- Axisgeneral, u testet 0.8? i pushed allies much in ipc and some + boats and inf, maybe its not enough, we will see...

- Vequryn, nice idea will see if it will in map work or stick to the edit solution

- E.B, thx for hosting it in the depot, send data to manu_s_@gmx.net thx

- Gneis, whywhy why hehe, because its fun! ps: u checked 0.8? there the gamenotes are updatet...

- Hippotamus, the gameplay with russia is still in development... but thx for posting the strat. will see how it will be preventet...also i think allies attack on russia should be illegal.. will see.

all in all think this game could become nice!

have fun

sieg

http://en.tackfilm.se/?id=1268401280437RA70

Re: THE RISING SUN

you no longer need to use .gif files for your flags....
you can now use .png files for all flag sizes (the large, the medium (32x32), and the small (12x12))
this will go some way towards removing the ugly white circle around your current batch of flags, if you use the originals, resize them, and save them instead of the gifs (pngs allow for transparency, while gifs do not allow for transparency and generally save transparent as white)

also curious why the japanese units have red/black dots on them?  makes them look bad...

Re: THE RISING SUN

Re: THE RISING SUN

OnanTheBrBr
Actually, these "ugly white circles" had nothing to do with the flags being in .gif format. They just been there. I removed them for NWO. If anyone noticed: NWO still uses .gif flags, but without the white circles. This is for compatibility reasons (old savegames otherwise wouldnt work).

Regards,
EB
For Downloads, Help, Maps and Links, visit Bommel's TripleA Supply Depot
1234 ... 8