TA for Android?

lotuseater
Hi All! I was wondering if Triple A will work on Android phones (or if there is an Android version). I have a buddy who would like to play. He has a computer but no internet connection at the moment, so if he can play on his phone that would be cool. I appreciate any assistance and info regarding this. Thanks!

Re: TA for Android?

eurofabio
No it won't work on Android phones and there is not Android version.

Does your friend want to play against you? If yes, there is a way.

Play in PBEM mode. After you finish your turn, send the savegame to him using email. He will have to download the savegame on the phone, connect the phone on the computer, download the savegame on the computer.

Play his turn, connect the phone on the computer, upload the savegame to the phone, send to you.

Repeat this until the best player wins :)

Re: TA for Android?

lotuseater
eurofabio, thank you so much for this very helpful workaround =) Yes, I believe this will work just fine. Perhaps you and I can play sometime? I usually take quite a long time deciding what to do and strategizing each turn, but if this cool with you just let me know ;) Thanks again!

Re: TA for Android?

lotuseater
Oops, I forgot to ask. Does he have to download Triple A onto his phone and install it on his computer or will the saved game include the .exe file? Thanks!

Re: TA for Android?

captaincrunch
(oops thought I posted this in the right thread) I threw out an idea about the images and how it was hard to see the number on the icons even at the largest image scale (and I even have my computer resolution close to max) so i thought a Magnify Window to hover over the Icons might help ... or make the numbers on the icons bigger please and then you could even play this on a smart phone and that would be cool

Re: TA for Android?

GhostWriter
i just checked the size of a game save file: most of mine were less than 100 kb. IIRC, the game files run several megs. thus, the game saves will NOT include the (3A).exe file.

your friend will need to download and install the game on his computer.

is it possible to transfer the game files with a pen drive? i do not know. anyone?

HTH,

GhostWriter

Re: TA for Android?

lotuseater
Thanks GhostWriter. I don't see any reason why I couldn't save the installer on my portable drive and then copy and install it on his PC. Then I'd just follow the instructions earlier on this thread to PBEM. I'll give it a try and keep you guys posted! =)

Re: TA for Android?

GhostWriter
wonderful. just remember that both of you need to have identical copies of the game map (if i understand correctly)...

Re: TA for Android?

lotuseater
Oh right. Good point. I will keep that in mind and whenever I update I will reinstall on his PC as well. that should take care of any issues, I think. Thanks for the reminder!

Re: TA for Android?

ubernaut
i think theres a simpler solution here and one that even allows for real time games. just hotspot your phone to the computer triplea doesn't use a whole lot of bandwidth as far as i am aware so data usage should be negligible even for long real time games.

ps it is always wise to test my crackpot theories before taking them to the bank. :)