Star Trek: Dominion War not quite finnished.

Star Trek: Dominion War not quite finnished.

nonamestoday

I started this some time ago and have discovered that i lack the required patience to see it through.  If anyone would like to try thier hand at turning this into something playable just send me an e-mail and i can send you the files that I have.

Completed so far;
Flags for 7 factions-
Federation, Klingon, Romulan.  (Federation Alliance)

Dominion, Cardassian, Breen.  (Dominion Alliance)

Borg  No allies needed

Unit icons for all factions and neutral worlds are included, just need to define the units.  i have a text file where i jotted down a starting idea of how the units would be defined in the game, feel free to use or ignore that.

Base tiles are created using Wisconsin's old editor. Centers place and polygon files are complete, I think.

My idea was to modify the timeline of the shows a bit and have the borg involved.  Just as the dominion war Gets into full swing, USS Voyager uses the Borg transwarp hubs to return to the alpha quadrant, and the Borg are on thier tail.  if anyone can finnish this or come up with a better scenario I would be pleased to try it out some time.

Happy gaming

joshdickerson@msn.com

Re: Star Trek: Dominion War not quite finnished.

RODTHEGOD
I had some ideas on something like this too.
I also included species 8472 so the Borg would have something to deal with
I was going with a hex map but whatever.
Seems you made it a little further than i did.

Re: Star Trek: Dominion War not quite finnished.

Imbaked
Can you post any unit images or flags you have. I want to work on something like this down the road so any images would be helpful.

Cheers

Re: Star Trek: Dominion War not quite finnished.

nonamestoday

      Here are a few the starfleet flag the enterprise and a generic sovereign class.  I took the images from another mod for another game.  The game is called space empires IV.  The mod included images that were made by the mod author, i do not believe they are copyright protected.  Below are a few more samples.

Re: Star Trek: Dominion War not quite finnished.

Frostion
Please, someone finish this. Could be fun playing this with my friends.

Sounds good Imbaked

I am willing to help with any graphical stuff like units and tiles. Much more simple for me than the xml writing.

Re: Star Trek: Dominion War not quite finnished.

nonamestoday
 Hi folks, i went ahead and uploaded the files to filesharing.org.  You will likely see some anoying adds and such.  it is compressed in .RAR format.
http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/464040/The_Dominion_War.rar

I hope this will be the start of something special, best wishes to everyone.