Quantcast

Second World War

Navalland

Re: Second World War

crazy_german
Just tried it out-
There are 2 XMLs in that download. TheWorldAtWar1939 does not run, needs mapname changed and after that still has missing centers.

I would suggest making the United Kingdom a different color, that blue is similar to the color of water and Italy.

Maybe you can post a description of the map as well? Is it intended to be similar to big world?

Re: Second World War

Navalland
Yes you was right I deleted other xml.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/aywa0y

Yes same BW. I like BW but I would prefer to start December 1941 and USA should was more near to Europe. 5 is too far I think. Therefore USA players usually only go to Pacific. This map has very good drawn especially Eastern Front I think.Also I redrew Britain Islands. Originally Britain is too big. Also no capital, technology and national objectives.

Re: Second World War

crazy_german
This is a good map, the extra territories add depth, particularly in China and Russia, and Germany controlling French colonies is interesting. The lack of a Sahara desert is cool; Africa still plays well. I do wish that there were less territories worth 0 though.

Unfortunately the map is a little bit ugly, is there a particular reason you changed the British to be blue?

Re: Second World War

Only took a brief look.

I actually believe there is too much income, instead. I believe the total income of a map with 2-4 PUs fodder and no upkeep should be never above 200 production (I think the best is 100 income total), and here it is 303.

Krasnovodsk, Tadah, Novokazalinsk, Kirghiz, Semipalatinsk, Tannutuva, Buryataia, Yakutsk and Chita should all be worth 0; but Sakhalin should be worth 1.

By the way, Sakhalin and Karafuto are not selectable. You need all surrounding territories ending in exactly "Sea Zone".

Also, Pearl Harbor is not representative, and anyway I suggest starting in may 1942, instead of december 1941. And Mongolia should be Soviet_Union, but not such a loophole.

Good thing if you get this one in the repository. It's not a bad one, and would be nice to be preserved.

Re: Second World War

Navalland
If Africa would more valuable, Very hard editing new balance because if Axis hold Africa  throughout the game I need to add more income to Allies, This mean more unit-more unit stack and more slow game. Also If Africa was more valuable, capturing Africa would enought key to victory for Allies. Further North Africa is vulnerable.

I am accustomed Blue Britain on video games, documents, animations etc. Britain is usually Blue also personally I don't like too much Brown. I prefer Brown Britain in only WW1 maps.

Click View----Show Map Blends. It will look slighly better.

100 Total Product for Big maps? If this map had total 100 Pus. Russia would 16-17 Germany 22-23, Italy 7-8 etc. Europe have more territory than 22. How Germany would 22-23? Increasing unit costs would better.

Yes I hate huge unit stack but also very few unit and Pus mean= Very less strategic option.

Central Asia is very rich in natural resources, especially oil and gas. 1 is fine I think.

Sakhalin and Karafuto is bug yes. I coundt edit. Where is mistake? polygons?

Mongolia is fine i think. This country was Neutral until August 1945.

Re: Second World War

Cernel
I suggest Italy having total production of 4-5, actually. 2-3 PUs in the north, 1 PUs in the centre, 1 PUs for Naples and everything else at 0 PUs, like:
Northern Italy: 2-3 PUs
Napoli*->Rome: 1 PUs (capital)
Southern Italy: 1 PUs
Sardinia: 0 PUs
Sicily: 0 PUs
Albania: 0 PUs
whatever Italian in Africa: 0 PUs

*Napoli the capital of Italy, LMAO.

Of course Mongolia should be Soviet Union, not impassable nor neutral, or you should make the entire Russian Siberia Neutral or impassable, as well, because they didn't attack till 1945 either.

And Vichy France in Africa should not be Germans at all; without special rules, just have them Neutral; give the Free French to Britain.

There are many other wrong things, but start correcting the above, then I may tell some others. Also, rename Shansi to Shensi and give it to Chinese.

You are correct that central Asia is very rich in natural resources, but almost nothing of those natural resources were used or known. What is worthwhile almost ends in Novosibirsk; east of that you can just give 1 PUs each for Krasnoyarsk, Vladivostok and north Sakhalin, everything else is good as 0. You might argue another 1 PUs for the gold of Kolyma, but not really, better that at 0 too.

As far as Africa is concerned, just give 1 PUs to Algeria, 1 PUs to Tunisia, 1 PUs to Egypt (but Egypt can be 0 PUs), 3 PUs to South Africa and 0 PUs to anything else; you can give Belgian Congo 1 PUs, if you really want to.

I believe Russia should have about the same production as Germany, realistically, if it starts at december 1941 or may 1942; the raw steel output etc. was massively pro-Germany, but Russia has more people and you get more actual output for the capital employed, also because it is almost all focused on the military. Russia should have bigger production if it starts before Barbarossa.

As I said, you need that sea zone (as well as any fully surrounding territories like that) to have a name ending exactly as "Sea Zone".

Re: Second World War

Cernel
To not seem like totally critical, I know that these issues are in the original map you are trying to salvage, but since you are modding it, no reason not to correct a few of the many wrong things (sadly the list would be very long).

As it is, it is already much more watchable than other games like WaW or UW or most TA maps, for that matter, as a matter of making some sense with its own timeline.

If I would believe this game being a lost cause, I would not even comment. I'm commenting because I actually believe it's not too bad, already.

Re: Second World War

Cernel
Also, I suggest adding cavalry:

Cavalry: att/def 1/1 mov 2 tc 5 cost 4 gives bonus +1 att to 2 inf or art units (cumulable with artillery bonus).

Re: Second World War

Navalland
Neither Huge unit stack (WaW) nor very few unit (v6). Both of them bad. Very few units mean; very few strategic option and very predicable game. Big maps have need also some cannon fodders. Every unit would very valuable and game would be very aletoric. Originally This is Rome not Napoli I cahanged Its name because Rome isn't a part of South Italy. Also these are all fake capital. There is no real capital. All countries can continue the war wihout fake capital. I think Capital of Napoli would more good because actually Italy had changed side when Allies invasion of South Italy.

Yes I am willing addind Mongolia to a part of Soviet Union. Because this mean more stragegic opion and It will prevent mass stack to Chita. But Mongolia is Huge I should divide into 3 I think. I wonder Mongolia was a Satellite country but didn't declare war on Germany.

I am undecided to Creating Neutral Vichy France (Even maybe I should create neutral Vichy navy) because It is Historically problem. Allies had attacked all of the Vichy territories. But there was no German-Vichy war in the History. Just Germany had tried capturing Vichy Navy.

I dont think so was Tunis more valuable than Nigeria or Sudan?

Axis would doomed to lose If Russia and Germany had same Product power. If I should increase Russian power. I must decrease UK,USA or China's power.

Sea Zone? You mean circle sea zones as Napoleonic Empires?

Maybe I can add special units to every country (Tige,conscript,kamikaze,big carrier etc...)

Re: Second World War

Cernel
It should be Roma, not Naples, anyway.

Rather change Northern Italy and Southern Italy to Padana Valley and Italian Peninsula, but not needed. Since there is not "Central Italy", Rome can stay in southern.

I agree that v6 starts being a bit too low in income (only 57); this is why I believe income should always span from 50 to 200 total, but preferably close to 100. For this map, maybe 120 would be the optimal level.
Map's dimension hardly matter, because anyway games tend to evolute in stacky and linear ways; so the map being bigger doesn't really make for much more room to distribute stacks on multiple places.

As I said, the name of any fully surrounding territories must end in "Sea Zone". Just change all sea names to end in "Sea Zone", here.

As I see it, here, Italy at 4 production, Germany at 24-32 production, Japan at 12 production, Russia at 20-30 production etc. (assuming 120 production total).

I dislike nation specific units and surely advise not to; but, if any, then Russia should have Cavalry (but better if everyone has).

Also, I think the title "Second World War" is too generic.

And Corsica, Northern Yugoslavia, Southern Yugoslavia, Greece, Crete should be owned by Germans (they were under the civil control of governments controlled from Berlin, not Rome, tho Italy had a fanciful protectorate on Croatia, the merely military control of most of Greece (comprising east Crete), the duty to control the armistice obligations of France in the Mediterranean).

Re: Second World War

Navalland wrote
I dont think so was Tunis more valuable than Nigeria or Sudan?
Yes. Tunisia value 1 and Nigeria and Sudan value 0. Tunisia can be worth 0 too, tho, if you prefer.
Practically, the colonies are worth anything only if they have a major actual colonisation or if they have rich raw resources (Tunisia had phosphate, plus some colonisation and worthwhile economy).

Colonies like Italian East Africa should actually remove income each turn from the one owning them, to be historically correct.

Re: Second World War

Navalland
Cavalry would be absurd because there were a cavalry
Army only in polish army in 1939.

Re: Second World War

Navalland
For example why are Tibet-Mongolia-Afghanistan are not occupiedable but Turkey-Sweden-Spain are occupiedable in BW?

I am redrawing Italy, North Africa, Mongolia and some Pacific Islands. Mongolia will part of Soviet Union. I will add 2 xml. One of them will have double cost. I think Yugoslavia, Greece,Albania and Corsica should part of Italy but Germany should be real owner. This mean. If allies take this territories and Germany retake them. This territories will be part of German.

Also China should real owner of Manchuria.

I can add national objectives for example; All north West Africa; will be total value 1 or 2, all siberia totally=1 etc.

I am thinkng about of putting factory in Tunisia and Port Moresby (1 product per), Is it a good idea.

Also How can I remove unecessary lines from map. I tried to  edit sakhalin's bug but I coudn't why?

Re: Second World War

Will you make a TripleA v1.9.0.0 version? This map seems to only work with v1.8.0.9, right?

Re: Second World War

Navalland
Yes for only 1.8.0.9. I want to adapt to 1.9.0.0 is it possible?

Re: Second World War

Navalland wrote
Cavalry would be absurd because there were a cavalry
Army only in polish army in 1939.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Soviet_divisions_1917%E2%80%9345#Cavalry_Divisions

At the time of the German invasion, there were nine regular cavalry divisions and four mountain cavalry divisions in the Red Army. The rapid destruction of Soviet mechanized forces in the summer and autumn of 1941 resulted in a rapid expansion of cavalry units to provide the Red Army a mobile, if not armored, force. This expansion produced some 87 new cavalry divisions by early 1942, many of which were later disbanded as the Red Army rebuilt its tank and mechanized formations. 17 of the cavalry divisions were granted Guards status and renumbered accordingly. At the start of the conflict, a cavalry division had some 9,000 men; by 1945, they were authorized 6,000 men and often organized into corps of three divisions that were reinforced by artillery, tank, and assault gun elements.[9]
1st Cavalry Division — with Trans-Caucasus Front 12.41 and 15th Cavalry Corps 7.44.
2nd Cavalry Division — used to create the third formation of the 2nd Rifle Division on 23.11.41.
3rd Cavalry Division — Formed in Odessa Military District prewar. 6.41 with 5th Cavalry Corps. Became the 5th Guards Cavalry Division 22.12.41. Originally 34,60,99,158 Cavalry Regiments and 44th Tank Regiment.[10]
4th Cavalry Division — 6.41 with 9th Cavalry Corps. Reformed by reorganisation of 210th Motorised Division later in 1941.
5th Cavalry Division— (ex 2nd Cavalry Division 8.24). With 2nd Cavalry Corps, 9th Army in 6.41. Became 1st Guards Cavalry Division 26.11.41. Originally 11,96,131,160 Cavalry Regiments and 32nd Tank Regiment[10]
6th Cavalry Division — with 6th Cavalry Corps in 6.41. Disbanded 19.9.41. Originally 3,48,94,152 Cavalry Regiments and 35th Tank Regiment.[10]
7th Cavalry Division — with 3rd Cavalry Corps in 5.37.
8th Cavalry Division — 6.41 with 1st Red Banner Army in Far East. Originally 49,115,121,163 Cavalry Regiments.[10] With 6th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 2nd Ukrainian Front 5.45.
9th Cavalry Division — formed in Odessa Military District prewar, with 2nd Cavalry Corps, 9th Army 6.41. Originally 5,72,108,136 Cavalry Regiments and 30th Tank Regiment.[10] 11.41 became 2nd Guards Cavalry Division. Reformed, with 4th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 2nd Ukrainian Front 5.45.
10th Cavalry Division — formed 23.4.36. 4.42 remnants merged into 12th and 13th Cavalry Divisions.
11th Cavalry Division — with 3rd Cavalry Corps 5.37. 1.43 became 8th Guards Cavalry Division.
12th Cavalry Division — 1.42 established at Krasnodar; with 17th Cavalry Corps 4.42. Became 9th Guards Cavalry Division on 27.8.42.
13th Cavalry Division — established at Krasnodar 1.42; with 17th Cavalry Corps 4.42. Became 10th Guards Cavalry Division 27.8.42.
14th Cavalry Division — 6.41 with 5th Cavalry Corps. Became 6th Guards Cavalry Division 12.41.
15th Cavalry Division — 4.42 with 17th Cavalry Corps. 8.42 became 11th Guards Cavalry Division.
17th Mountain Cavalry Division — 6.41 with Transcaucasus Military District. 7.42 disbanded.
18th Cavalry Division - Operated under Dmitri Zhloba during the Red Army invasion of Georgia 2.21. With 4th Cavalry Corps, Central Asia Military District 6.41. 7.42 disbanded.
19th Cavalry Division - Uzbek national formation
20th Tajik Red Banner Order of Lenin Mountain Cavalry Division — 6.41 with 4th Cavalry Corps, Central Asia Military District. 8.43 became the 17th Guards Cavalry Division. Also had honour title 'mining'?
21st Fergana Mountain Cavalry Division — 6.41 with 4th Cavalry Corps, Central Asia Military District. Became 14th Guards Cavalry Division 14.2.43.
23rd Cavalry Division — with Transcaucasus Front 12.41 and 15th Cavalry Corps 7.44.
24th Cavalry Cavalry Division — June 1941 with Transcaucasus Military District.
25th Cavalry Division — 6.41 with 1st Mechanized Corps.
26th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 6th Cavalry Corps.
27th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 4th Army.
28th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 6th Cavalry Corps.
29th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 3rd Army (Soviet Union). 3.42 disbanded.
30th Cavalry Division — 6.41 with 1st Mechanized Corps, and with 4th Guards Cavalry Corps, 1 Guards Cavalry-Mechanized Group of the 2nd Ukrainian Front May 1945. Becomes 11 Mechanized Division 07.1945.[11]
31st Cavalry Division — Formed in 1936 in the Far East. 75th Cavalry Regt was transferred from the 15 Cavalry Division ZabVO, 79 Cavalry Regiment – the mountain of 6 Cavalry Division Savo, 84 Cavalry Regiment – of 8 mountain cavalry division CAMD. 121 cavalry regiment formed in the Siberian Military District, 31 Mechanized Regiment – in Kharkiv. July 41 established at Voronezh; 12.41 with 50th Army. 5.1.42 Became 7th Guards Cavalry Division.
32nd Cavalry Division — Prewar division. Assigned to 9th Rifle Corps in the Crimea on 22 June 1941.
34th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 6th Army.
35th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 37th Army.
36th Cavalry Division — 6.41 with 6th Cavalry Corps under Gen. Maj. Efim Sergeevich Zybin. Disbanded 19.9.41.
38th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Eighteenth Army.
40th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Independent Coastal Army.
41st Light Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 50th Army. Disbanded in March 1942 due to losses. Personnel used to fill out other units of the 1st Guards Cavalry corps.
43rd Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Southwestern Front.
44th Cavalry Division — 6.41 with 9th Cavalry Corps. Noted as mountain cavalry division 12.41 while assigned to 16th Army. 4.42 merged into 17th Cavalry Division.
46th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 30th Army.
47th Cavalry Division — Formed Jul 41. Disbanded due to heavy losses in Nov 41, troops used as replacements for 32nd Cavalry Division.
49th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 6th Cavalry Corps.
50th Cavalry Division — 6.41 — 7.41 formed in North Caucasus Military District. With 3rd Cavalry Corps 11.41. Became 3rd Guards Cavalry Division 11.41.
51st Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 36th Army of Transbaikal Front.
52nd Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 3rd Army.
53rd Cavalry Division — 6.41 — 7.41 formed in North Caucasus Military District. With 3rd Cavalry Corps 11.41. Became 4th Guards Cavalry Division 11.41.
54th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Kalinin Front.
55th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 13th Army. 14.2.43 became 15th Guards Cavalry Division.
56th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 37th Army.
57th Light Cavalry Division — Formed Aug 41 – Oct 41. Dec 41 with 10th Army. Disbanded in Feb 42 due to losses. Personnel used to fill out other units of the 1st Guards Cavalry Division of the 1st Guards Cavalry Corps.
59th Cavalry Division — 5.45 with the Transbaikal Front.
60th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 57th Army.
61st Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 4th Cavalry Corps.
62nd Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 56th Army.
63rd Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 4th Cavalry Corps and 5.45 with the 5th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 3rd Ukrainian Front. Eventually became 6th Guards Tank Division postwar, and today the 6th Mechanised Brigade of the Armed Forces of Belarus.
64th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 56th Army.
66th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 9th Army (Soviet Union).
68th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 9th Army (Soviet Union).
70th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 56th Army.
72nd Cavalry Division — 6.41 with 2nd Cavalry Corps.
73rd Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 26th Army.
74th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 26th Army.
75th Light Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 10th Army. Disbanded in March 1942 due to losses. Personnel used to fill out other units of the 1st Guards Cavalry Division of the 1st Guards Cavalry corps.
76th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 39th Army.
77th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 57th Army.
78th Cavalry Division — Formed in Troitsk August–November 1941. 12.41 with 59th Army. Disbanded April 1942.
79th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 57th Army.
80th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with RVGK (Stavka Reserve).
81st Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 4th Cavalry Corps.
82nd Cavalry Division — 1.42 with 11th Cavalry Corps.
83rd Mountain Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 61st Army. 1.43 became 13th Guards Cavalry Division.
84th Cavalry Division — 5.45 with the 1st Red Banner Army of the independent coastal group in the Far East.
87th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 59th Army. Transferred to 2nd Shock Army and fought in the Lyuban Offensive Operation. Suffered heavy losses in the pocket and remnants absorbed into the 327th Rifle Division July 1942.
91st Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 61st Army.
94th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with 39th Army.
97th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Turkmen national formation. 4.43 disbanded.
98th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Turkmen national formation. 4.42 disbanded.
99th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Uzbek national formation. 7.42 disbanded.
100th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Uzbek national formation. Disbanded July 1942.
101st Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Uzbek national formation. 7.42 disbanded.
102nd Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Uzbek national formation. 6.42 disbanded.
103rd Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Uzbek national formation. 3.42 disbanded.
104th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Tajik national formation. 7.42 disbanded.
105th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. 7.42 disbanded.
106th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. 3.42 disbanded.
107th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Kyrgyz SSR national formation. 8.42 disbanded.
108th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Kyrgyz SSR national formation. 3.42 disbanded.
109th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Central Asian Military District. Kyrgyz SSR national formation. 5.42 disbanded.
110th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Stalingrad Military District. Kalmyk ASSR national formation. 1.43 disbanded.
111th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Stalingrad MD. Kalmyk ASSR national formation. 4.42 disbanded.
112th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Southern Urals MD. Became 16th Guards Cavalry Division on Feb 14, 1943. See also ru:112-я Башкирская кавалерийская дивизия.
113th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Southern Urals MD. Bashkir ASSR national formation.[12] 3.42 disbanded.
114th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Svir-Caucasus MD. Chechen-Ingush ASSR national formation.[13] 3.42 became 255th Rifle Regiment.
115th Cavalry Division — 12.41 with Svir-Caucasus MD. Kabardino-Balkar ASSR national formation.[13] 10.42 disbanded.
116th Cavalry Division — 4.42 with 17th Cavalry Corps. 8.42 became 12th Guards Cavalry Division.
Independent Cavalry Division НО — 12.41 with 56th Army.
Guards Cavalry Divisions[edit]
1st Guards Cavalry Division — (ex 5th Cavalry Division 26.11.41). Fought at Moscow, Kharkov, Kiev, and in the Lvov-Sandomir, Carpathian, Berlin, and Prague Operations. With 1st Guards Cavalry Corps of the 1st Ukrainian Front 5.45.
2nd Guards Cavalry Division (ex 9th Cavalry Division 11.41). Fought at Kiev and Zhitomir. With 1st Guards Cavalry Corps of the 1st Ukrainian Front 5.45.
3rd Guards Cavalry Division (ex 50th Cavalry Division 11.41). With 2nd Guards Cavalry Corps of the 1st Belorussian Front 5.45.
4th Guards Cavalry Division (ex 53rd Cavalry Division 11.41). Fought at Battle of Moscow. With 2nd Guards Cavalry Corps of the 1st Belorussian Front 5.45.
5th Guards Cavalry Division — (ex 3rd Cavalry Division 22.12.41). ru:5-я гвардейская кавалерийская дивизия. Fought near Stalingrad and in Kurland. With 3rd Guards Cavalry Corps of the 2nd Belorussian Front 5.45. Elements of division later used in postwar formation of the 1st (later the 18th) Tank Division. The 18th was later reorganised as the 5th Guards Tank Division, which remains active today, having been relocated to the Transbaikal Military District in 1965.
6th Guards Cavalry Division (ex 14th Cavalry Division 12.41). Fought at Stalingrad, Smolensk, and in the Belorussian Operation, East Prussia, and Kurland. With 3rd Guards Cavalry Corps of the 2nd Belorussian Front 5.45. Disbanded 7.46.[11]
7th Guards Cavalry Division (ex 31st Cavalry Division 5.1.42). Fought at Kaluga, Kharkov, Kiev, Sandomir, and in the Berlin Operation. With 1st Guards Cavalry Corps of the 1st Ukrainian Front 5.45.
8th Guards Cavalry Division (ex 11th Cavalry Division). With 6th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 2nd Ukrainian Front 5.45, near Stalingrad in 1946.
9th Guards Cavalry Division (ex 12th Cavalry Division 27.8.42). Fought near Mozdok, Stavropol, Melitopol, Odessa, Debrecen, Budapest, and Prague.
10th Guards Cavalry Division (ru:10-я гвардейская казачья кавалерийская дивизия; ex 13th Cavalry Division 27.8.42). Fought near Mozdok, Stavropol, Melitopol, Odessa, Debrecen, Budapest, and Prague. With 4th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 2nd Ukrainian Front 5.45.
11th Guards Cavalry Division (ex 15th Cavalry Division 8.42). Fought at Korsun and Targul Frumos. With the 5th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 3rd Ukrainian Front 5.45.
12th Guards Cavalry Division (ex 116th Cavalry Division 8.42). Fought at Korsun and Targul Frumos. With the 5th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 3rd Ukrainian Front 5.45.
13th Guards 'Ровенская' Cavalry Division (ex 83rd Mountain Cavalry Division 1.43). Fought at Dubno in 1944. With 6th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 2nd Ukrainian Front 5.45, became 30th Guards Tank Division in the Carpathian Military District, which became the 30th Mechanized Brigade in 2004 after the fall of the Soviet Union.
14th Guards Cavalry Division (ex 21st Mountain Cavalry Division 14.2.43). Fought near Chernigov, and in the Lublin-Brest, East Pomerania, and Berlin Operations. With 7th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 1st Belorussian Front 5.45.
15th Guards Cavalry Division (ex 55th Cavalry Division 14.2.43). Fought near Chernigov, and in the Lublin-Brest, East Pomeranian, and Berlin Operations. With 7th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 1st Belorussian Front 5.45. 15 GCD eventually became 15th Guards Tank Division, which served with the Central Group of Forces in Hungary postwar, before being withdrawn to Chebarkul in the Urals after 1990 and eventually being disbanded there circa 2002-4.
16th Guards Cavalry Division (ex 112th Cavalry Division 14.2.43). 'Bashkir Chernigovskaya Order of Lenin, Red Banner Orders of Suvorov and Kutuzov Division.' Bashkir SSR national formation.[14] Raised from 112th Bashkir Cavalry Division. Fought near Chernigov, and in the Lublin-Brest, East Pomerania, and Berlin Operations. With 7th Guards Cavalry Corps of the 1st Belorussian Front 5.45. 14th and 16 Guards Cavalry Divisions of 7th Guards Cavalry Corps together eventually became 23rd Motor Rifle Division, which ended up in the Trans-Caucasus region as part of 4th Army.
17th Guards Cavalry Mozyr Order of Lenin, Red Banner, Orders of Suvorov and Kutuzov Division. Tajik national formation. Ex 20th Mountain Cavalry Division 8.43. Fought near Brest 8.44. With 2nd Guards Cavalry Corps of the 1st Belorussian Front 5.45.

---

Also, if like the Infantry costs 3 and the Cavalry cost 4, and we consider a cavalryman costing about 4 times an infantryman for real, then the Germans should have like 1 Cavalry unit every 10 Infantry unit, but their cavalry was almost all at a company or platoon level (1 company and 3 platoons of cavalry each infantry division).

---

If you meant you want to have things only at a divisional or superior level, then you should NOT have "Artillery" either, since that was almost totally at a regimental or lower level, while you should still have Cavalry, instead (but almost only for the Russians, in this case).
At a divisional or superior level, the Germans had only 1 cavalry division, they de-horsed in mid war, but late in the war they raised several cavalry divisions, both army and SS.

Surely there were more cavalry divisions than artillery divisions around, both for Russians and for Germans.

Myself, I'm against at representing things depending on what level they are organised; I suggest just representing the stuff and men, no matter what. For example, you can have armours in divisions or you can assign them to the infantry division; I believe the armours units of a boardgame should not just disappear if some general at the time decided to distribute them inside the infantry divisions instead of making armoured divisions or whatever.

Meaning I suggest having a bunch of armour units depending on how many armours you actually have, not on how many armour divisions or whatever you got. Same for the cavalry and the artillery.

Of course, only the hot-blooded cavalry matters for cavalry units. The draft horses can be just part of the Infantry and Artillery units (or you should like have immobile Artillery units you can transport with different means, horses and mules being some of them), as well as the mules, otherwise the Germans should have a lot of cavalry (most of the logistic and the artillery was horse-drawn, when not in trains)!

Re: Second World War

Cernel
And the Chinese had some 100,000 cavalrymen (mounted infantry) in 1940; the Chinese Muslims were about 100% cavalry armies, also skilled in firing from the saddle (they fought the Japanese mostly in Suiyuan). Cavalry was a main element also for the Mongols and the Manchus.

Re: Second World War

Navalland
Looks like cavalry army were specific army not common
Maybe should be specific unit.

Re: Second World War

Cernel
Everyone had the technical capability of building large cavalry armies, yet the USSR was the only major power (beside China) that decided to raise cavalry in relatively great numbers, the peak being the winter of 1941-1942. But the Germans, the Italians, the Japanese all had cavalry, but not much; yet, they could have had more cavalry, if they wanted to buy it.