Scramble Against Subs Not Working

Caley
In TWW I attacked a British fleet of destroyer, sub and unfinished hull with 3 German subs.  When I checked the battle calculator to decide whether to scramble fighters I found fighters having zero effect.  The destroyer is not enabling air hits on the subs in the time it remains intact.

Re: Scramble Against Subs Not Working

Caley
The destroyer rules in TWW are unclear.  Are they supposed to do anything other than contribute power and hp or is tech or advanced version required for anything else?

Re: Scramble Against Subs Not Working

wirkey
You need improved destroyer tech for the ability of fighters to hit subs.