Quantcast

Russian Civil War

alkexr
This post was updated on .
Will the White Army stand firm against the Bolshevik threat, or will the Red Army sweep through all resistance, and establish the Soviet Union? This game offers three large, highly AI-compatible, easy to learn scenarios for 2, 3 or 6 players, made with an interesting gameplay experience before historical accuracy in mind.

Current version: 0.1.1 Beta.

DOWNLOAD 0.1.1 BETA

What do you think needs improving? Let me know your suggestions!

And here are two screenshots from the 2 player version, so that you can get a better idea of the map:

Have you played any of my maps? Share your opinion!
Large Middle Earth
Russian Civil War

Re: Russian Civil War

Navalland
I really like the map but 've taken a error message when I tried to change unit sizes.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (0) and height (0) must be non-zero
        at java.awt.image.ReplicateScaleFilter.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.image.AreaAveragingScaleFilter.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Image.getScaledInstance(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.triplea.image.UnitImageFactory.getImage(UnitImageFactory.java:133)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.screen.UnitsDrawer.draw(UnitsDrawer.java:94)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.screen.Tile.draw(Tile.java:124)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.screen.Tile.getImage(Tile.java:80)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.BackgroundDrawer.run(MapPanel.java:850)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (0) and height (0) must be non-zero
        at java.awt.image.ReplicateScaleFilter.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.image.AreaAveragingScaleFilter.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Image.getScaledInstance(Unknown Source)
        at games.strategy.triplea.image.UnitImageFactory.getImage(UnitImageFactory.java:133)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.screen.UnitsDrawer.draw(UnitsDrawer.java:94)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.screen.Tile.draw(Tile.java:124)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.screen.Tile.getImage(Tile.java:80)
        at games.strategy.triplea.ui.BackgroundDrawer.run(MapPanel.java:850)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: Russian Civil War

alkexr
Yeah, I've seen this too, but I thought this was an engine bug, and didn't care about it until you posted the same error. Actually, it is caused by the 1x1 pixel invisible factory images. Fixed. Thanks!
Have you played any of my maps? Share your opinion!
Large Middle Earth
Russian Civil War

Re: Russian Civil War

RogerCooper
Why have invisible factories everywhere. Factories are an important part of gameplay, which is lost if you can build everywhere. It is also unrealistic to be able to build anywhere. A notable feature of the Russian Civil War was the way offensives came to a stop when they were too far from their bases. Having normal factories shows that and gives greater importance to the control of key cities.