Quantcast

Rift between community and Devs

Neverlucky
Hi Devs,

Long time player here. Thx for all the hard work so far!

I have talked with a few mods in the current(?) 1.8.0.9 build and they seem to be unhappy about the lack of information and communication flow.
Is there a rift between the devs and the community and how do you plan to tackle this issue?

I also see a lobby of 1.8.0.9 with "a lot" of players and a lobby of 1.9.x.x with nearly no players and no reference from old lobby to new one. Is 1.9. officially released yet or still in development?

Re: Rift between community and Devs

@Neverlucky - We are in the process of releasing 1.9 and have the new lobby up for testing. We will look to have most people move over to 1.9 shortly. Please post any specific questions/concerns you have on these forums and they should be answered relatively quickly. I'm not aware of any rift or communication issues but if there is then please have folks post here.

Re: Rift between community and Devs

Neverlucky
I think there has been a massive misunderstanding and I want to thank you that you cleared it up swiftly.

Some ppl thought 1.9 was already released and with the bad timing of the frankie bots disappearing (now known as a hardware issue), there has been some confusion.

Anyway I think there might still be the issue of forum migration open and what your plans are for that. There is a desperate plea on warclub for technical help in order to integrate the ladder. I think they have a good heart over there but lack technical skills, so any help would be appreciated deeply or any knowledge transfer regarding why their forum might not be the ideal choice.

I don't have the email of the admin there yamamot0 but maybe you could post there and get in touch with him if you can help.

Thank you again for your hard work, it is very much appreciated!

Here is the msg with the plea for help:

"Dear Triplea-User,

at the moment the ladder section and other features are not working.

If anyone is interested in keeping the gamingcommunity and the warclub active, we need your help. So if anyone is or knows a PHP developer, please contact me. The War Club will need some support to stay alive and keep the ladder running!

The site is at a point where we either need to cut it back significantly, and give up on half a dozen ideas, or some fresh blood is needed to pick the site up. This Page is based on XOOPS at the moment, but you can go your own direction with it."

Re: Rift between community and Devs

@Neverlucky - 1.9 is now released and most people are in the new lobby. Frankie's bots are dead for now as he had some hardware issues. We are hoping others can step in to host a few bots.

Forum migration is on hold for the moment due to limitations of the warclub forum.

Warclub needs a real webmaster to take Bung's place and manage/fix the site. We need more folks with technical skills to step up to help. Our long term vision is most likely add a ladder directly to the game itself rather than on warclub.