Production Per Valued Territory Restricted?

Production Per Valued Territory Restricted?

Rolf Larsson
At : http://axisandallies.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Properties

You find the following description:

Production Per Valued Territory Restricted

This property allows a player to produce units without any production. For each territory with a value that the player owns, a unit can be produced

Property Interactions:

    * NA

XML format is:

    <property name="Production Per Valued Territory Restricted" value="true" editable="false">

        <boolean/>

    </property>

default value is false

My questions are:

As it is a property, is it used for all players or could it be used for only one player, while the others
have a different production system?

Example: I´d like the Chinese in WW2v3 1941, to produce and place 1 unit(infantry) per territory.

1. How do I achieve this in the GameXML?

2. Are there any additional rulesAttachment necessary, despite of the normal chinese ones,
which I already need, like placementAnyTerritory...and Game Sequence steps, like  purchaseNOPU...?

We now have custom dice!

Re: Production Per Valued Territory Restricted?

I'll need to look into it a bit, but wanted to let you know I'm on it.

Re: Production Per Valued Territory Restricted?

This particular property was coded to meet a ruleset for a specific map.  However, I think it will work for your purposes.  It's tied to the purchaseNoPU purchase delegate, and so any player that has that purchase delegate would be processed this way, for example:

<step name="chinesePurchase" delegate="purchaseNoPU" player="Chinese"/>

It will control the PRODUCTION of units, specifically infantry units only, based upon the number of owned territories that have a production value (ie. non-valued territories will not result in an infantry).

In order to allow those units to be placed in any territory, you'll need to include the 'Place in Any Territory' property:

<property name="Place in Any Territory" value="true" editable="false">
        <boolean/>
</property>

which in turn requires a rules attatchment (SIC):
<attatchment name="rulesAttatchment" attatchTo="Chinese" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.RulesAttachment" type="player">
        <option name="placementAnyTerritory" value="true"/>
</attatchment>

Re: Production Per Valued Territory Restricted?

Wisconsin
Hey ComradeKev,
    Just to let you know, you can get your avatar image back by using the reset tool in the user settings area. It's really simple and can save you the time of re-uploading the image.

Thanks,
    Wisconsin

Re: Production Per Valued Territory Restricted?

actually, you guys are both wrong, and the wiki is not complete

property name="Production Per Valued Territory Restricted"
basically is used in conjunction with chinese aa50 production rules to basically only count the number of territories a player has.
if you use chinese aa50 production rules without this, you count all territories the player has
if you use chinese aa50 production rules WITH this, you only count the territories that have a value of 1 or greater.
then, using the rules you set, you can determine what the number of territories turn into (ie: 1 infantry for every 1 territory counted? 1 infantry for every 2 territories counted? 1 for every 3? etc.)
noPUproduction only controls the purchase of units, not the placement...

Unfortunately, there is no way to do what you are asking for (without getting really creative, see red sun over china for a interesting way to get this effect...).
There IS NO way to tell the game you want a player to be able to produce 1 unit (or 2 units, or 3 units) in all territories (or all territories with a production greater than 1, or X).

if you use ww2v3 aa50 place anywhere rules, than you can place an infinite number of units in every territory.  (though you can set a rule for when you can't produce in a territory if there are already x units you control there...)

Re: Production Per Valued Territory Restricted?

Rolf Larsson
Many thx for the answers and your time,

Is this the key to get only 1 unit per territory placed:
(From Red sun over china)

<attatchment name="territoryAttatchment" attatchTo="Taiyuan"javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.TerritoryAttachment" type="territory">
<option name="production" value="4"/>
<option name="unitProduction" value="1"/>

</attatchment>

I set a unitproduction value of 1 ? and then I´m able to place only 1 unit there?
This sounds great, but if the territory is captured, there is still only one unit placeable there,
cause it is a territory option, and not a option connected with the player, right?
So it has to be realized through the damaged factories and all other rule combinations used
in RSOC to achieve it?
We now have custom dice!

Re: Production Per Valued Territory Restricted?

yes, and it applies to all players