Pro-Somebody Neutrals

RogerCooper
I came with a way of handling a nation that is favorable to one side, but not actively conducting combat operations.

1.  Make it a full player
2.  Don't give it any phases in the order of play
3.  Give its an ally a National Objective to have the area friendly

The nation's allies can then support it.

Please post your scenario design tricks at http://axisandallies.wikia.com/wiki/Scenario_Design.

Re: Pro-Somebody Neutrals

Toronado3800
When the other side attacks it will the neutral's troops rise up?

Also, will they join up and be movable by the ally who takes them over?

I hope your way works. It sounds easy to impliment

Re: Pro-Somebody Neutrals

RogerCooper
They join in defense but they can't be moved. You could use the editor if you want, to replace them with units of the active side. Realistically, such troops probably could not operate outside their homeland anyhow.

Re: Pro-Somebody Neutrals

Maherdogg
well it sounds like the LH's G40 neutral rules.   Except yours can't leave the country they are from.

Re: Pro-Somebody Neutrals

well, if the neutral is being attacked, it will probably lose (otherwise why are you attacking a neutral....)

Re: Pro-Somebody Neutrals

Maherdogg
well, if it were like the g40 rules it would be to gain the IPCs and the Inf.  But if his have 0 movement...bleh.

Re: Pro-Somebody Neutrals

well.... i can also make a "pool" of active infantry, that can move onto the board because the pool connects to those places.......
or you guys can just use edit, which think is cleaner than pools

Re: Pro-Somebody Neutrals

Maherdogg wrote
well it sounds like the LH's G40 neutral rules.   Except yours can't leave the country they are from.
It achieves the same result. Of course, once AAG40 rules are implemented, you would have an easier way of doing it.

Re: Pro-Somebody Neutrals

RogerCooper wrote
You could use the editor if you want, to replace them with units of the active side.
I'm working on a generic way to support just this sort of thing.  I'm thinking it'll use a form of lend/lease whereby units from one country are replaced by (given to) another country.

Re: Pro-Somebody Neutrals

Maherdogg
Kev, any chance on a status update on what you have going on with the engine?

Re: Pro-Somebody Neutrals

ComradeKewl
I implemented the new rules for the "checkers" map.
Created 17 flower themed skins for the engine.
Added a "hooray" button (with sound) for the case an unlikely battle been won.
You start all maps with inf only now. Download more cool units for only $.99 each in Apples Iphone store via the "unit sucker" App.
Buy other nations too ($.99), if you want to play something else than the neutrals.
Register with your "steam" account to be able to play online.
Completly new order for the "view" menu.
Redesigned the "About" dialogue, according to a new concept.

Sorry, had no time for g40 yet.

:o)
(I aint the real Kevin, just to make sure...)