Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Locked 255 messages Options

Re: 2013 Conflict

zaracyn
I added the space and that did the trick...can't believe I overlooked that ...thanks!

Re: 2013 Conflict

RogerCooper
I noticed that my web editor was stripping spaces from every file name I uploaded. I have a lot of files to fix.

Re: 2013 Conflict

use underscores in the future

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

humbabba
The War of the Relics ready for play.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0mo05v

also on Dropbox: http://tinyurl.com/relicwarzip

400-pixel image:

Paragraph:

The War of the Relics is complex medieval-themed strategy game in which two players build factions of noble lords who use powerful titles and offices to gain strength and crush the opposition. Each lord can recruit sworn troops, mercenaries, druids, and ships to his cause, taking over castles and towns via title or conquest. Three sacred relics must be gathered to a player's faction to anoint one of its nobles as the new king. A system of random events can thwart the best-laid plans at the most inconvenient times.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

humbabba
Updated The War of the Relics to include full manual in the game notes:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s0pjj1

-h

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

dewar
Hello folks, have been working on a new game using Tripplea 1.7. Its near complete (unit ballancing resource locations etc) is there some where i can test it online without it going to repository kinda beta like so i can feedback thoughts and ideas from others?

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
WAW 1940 v1.2 World_At_War_1940.xml

Changelog: 1940 v1.2 by ice
-added various bunkers in the japanese russian borders
-deleted a few units from russia in that same front
-added 3 armor to tientsin for hirsaichi, deleted 1 artillery
-added 2 inf to kirchedung for hisaichi

changes are based on discoureging war between russian and japan. and to weaken china to being the pushover they where historicaly

ballance looks good, with above changes i hope its even better

The War of the Relics v1.2

humbabba
The War of the Relics has been updated to v1.2.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4yeuws

also on Dropbox: http://tinyurl.com/relicwarzip

1. Revamped battle system. While the original may have been technically interesting, it suffered in play. Much simpler and smoother now.

2. Updated random-asset selection to make it more truly random.

3. Ransom for captured lords can no longer be refused - you can force a captive to give up the goods, but of course, you leave him in play.

4. Graphics updated to reflect new battle system, a touch of relief map refinement, map coordinates added to bottom and right of board.

400-pixel image:

Paragraph:

The War of the Relics is complex medieval-themed strategy game in which two players build factions of noble lords who use powerful titles and offices to gain strength and crush the opposition. Each lord can recruit sworn troops, mercenaries, druids, and ships to his cause, taking over castles and towns via title or conquest. Three sacred relics must be gathered to a player's faction to anoint one of its nobles as the new king. A system of random events can thwart the best-laid plans at the most inconvenient times.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

humbabba
New URL:

http://tinyurl.com/war-of-the-relicszip

1. All files now contained directly in war_of_the_relics.zip, no subfolder.

2. Everything in properties set to editable="false".

3. Map name and zip now both war_of_the_relics. Map title in XML for display remains War of the Relics.

Empire

humbabba
Empire is a free-for-all strategy game set in the late Roman Empire as various caesars take the field to win dominance. Inspired by a once-popular board game. Each caesar starts off in one of six provinces of the empire with a small army and a fortified city. Using his limited supply of generals to lead his troops, each expands and tries to outdo and eliminate the competition - conquer a rival caesar, and you get all his territory and troops as well. Along the way, build and fortify cities, send war galleys across the Mediterranean, ransom or execute captive generals, and cope with rampant inflation as the cost of war doubles and triples.

Download:

http://tinyurl.com/empire-humbabba

Latest version for "World_At_War-skin_sneak.zip" for first time upload

sneakingcoward
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Latest version for "World_At_War-skin_sneak.zip" for first time upload

map skins are not allowed to have a "games" folder

please delete the games folder

if you want to publish mods, you only need to publish them with a games folder and nothing else (see examples like 'big_world_variations")

also your map zip has various illegal files, like 'thumbs.db' which should be deleted

Re: Latest version for "World_At_War-skin_sneak.zip" for first time upload

sneakingcoward
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Latest version for "World_At_War-skin_sneak.zip" for first time upload

coward, map skins can not have games in them

please remove the game xml's from your skin

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Zebaj
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and i have a question.   I built a scenario using the NWO europe map (a cold war era game). My friends and I play it allot and we have really refined it.  I wanted to enquire about getting it posted.  I'm just wondering if this is permissible since I used somebody else's map or I guess map skin may be the correct term?   And also what is generally considered expectable criteria for getting a map posted?

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t9d1tp99nvf2smb/New_World_Order_LebowskiEdition.zip

i think ready to replace the original, sure there might be bugs but because it upgrades more then yust the xml i hope you can upload it already

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Rolf Larsson
@Ice:
- World at War and Waw 1940 updated, make sure to change the version number next time.
- Nwo Lebowski edition updated

@Zebaj:
The normal way is to make a post about your map here in Maps and Mods section, provide a download link for it from a one click hoster where you have uploaded it, some images maybe and a description, normally people give it a try and provide feedback, then after some improvements are done and if it finds some players, you do an upload request in this thread. Using an existing map, means you are doing a mod. I can only advise to not use Nwo map, it has an acceptable to good territory structure, but naming of territories and geography is a little strange so, most important, it is much too tiny.

@sneaking coward:
Waw variants is already in Quality section. What is it with those map skins, any update coming?
We now have custom dice!

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
rolf the lebowski version number in the depot list didnt update. could you change this

anyways TYVM for ur active updates all the time

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Rolf Larsson
thx, yw, fixed, was changing a nwo mod to far...
We now have custom dice!

Latest version for "World_At_War_pbem" for first time upload

sneakingcoward
1. Download link for "World_At_War_pbem.zip":
http://www.sendspace.com/file/owlwcb

2. Latest Version: 1.1.9 (corresponds to WAW)

3. TEXT Update:
------------
PBEM Variants of World At War (original map by Sieg)
Mod done by sneakingcoward / wgbt@gmx.at

Includes 2 Mods of WAW:
World At War - pbem
World At War - pbem - CapitalCapture

The variants are copies of the actual WAW and only optimised for PBEM and include:
- turnorder optimised for PBEM
- CapitalCapture has a modified capital capture

The 2 mods are necessary, to play WAW also with PBEM.
Otherwise it would take several months, now in one day 1 complete turn can be made.
12345678 ... 13