Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Locked 255 messages Options

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

folder name is too long, pls shorten

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

santa, this is caused by case sensitivity  normally

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

what is the maximum character length for game folders?  I shortened it to Pacific_Challenge

DOWNLOAD: http://www.sendspace.com/file/e8euvq

PLEASE USE THIS UPDATED DESCRIPTION:

Pacific_Theater_Solo_Challenge version 3.8 by Zim Xero
Updated single-player variant of the WW2 Pacific conflict using a modded map created by
Triple_Elk, iron__cross, and ComradeKev.  This map features AI interactivity, diverging
timelines, a unique technology system, nontraditional unit statistics, resources, a
'quick to learn-hard to master' play style, and built-in difficulty selection.  Designed for
challenging human play as Japan versus the AI.

To enable custom sound effects, the folder must be unzipped in main tripleA map folder

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Here is a screen Super-Shot you can shrink and use if you need one for a map image:

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/file/n7582463/Domination_1901.xml

lot of connection fixes to the 1901 version of domination

also to be considdered:

the original 1900 scenario is filled with bugs and is very unballanced meaning unplayable, i suggest 1901 to be made as standard and 1900 to be deleted as a scenario, duno if it can be saved somewhere else so that if someone is interested to make it playable

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Jason GL
New Cold War mod for WW2v3

Hello! First-time map poster, but I've tried to follow the rules -- I've got a screenshot and map uploaded to SendSpace, I put in the minimum version XML tag, I've written lots of Game Notes, and I playtested it till my eyeballs bled. Now I need other humans to help me balance it.

The link on SendSpace is here:

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/vEF6K8IXdaqccyGO4OUklPiiFlmYFqtJ

This re-imagining of the Cold War pits a NATO Alliance of America, Britain, France, and Japan against a Comintern Committee featuring the USSR, China, and Soviet puppet states in eastern Europe and central Africa. The map and rules are based on 11 Nation WW2v3, with a few additional features. As in 11 Nation WW2v3, the smaller powers can recruit and deploy troops based on the total number of territories owned, without regard to factories. Unlike 11 Nation, where the only partisans available were infantry, here each country also gets higher-quality troops as their empire expands. Additional territories have been put into play -- Turkey, Colombia, Peru, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, and Afghanistan are now all active territories. Carriers and transports have an upgraded cargo capacity, and some territories start with bunkers -- a stationary defensive structure that cannot be constructed.

The setup is loosely based on the Cold War as it stood in 1961, with Comintern troops deployed across central Europe, and decolonization just beginning to provide a Communist foothold in Cuba, East Africa, Peru, and Angola. India and Indonesia are independent; NATO troops guard the Korean peninsula, and a rearmed Japanese Republic coordinates resistance in Taiwan and Okinawa. The Marshall Plan puts US troops in Italy, Greece, Israel, and Turkey. Compared to WWII, Europe's resources are depleted, whereas the Russian economy has grown. The British economy is more decentralized, with factories (and significant PUs) in Toronto, Sydney, Capetown, and Cairo. The French Empire is largely a thing of the past, but the French Navy is still relevant, especially with help from a small detachment of French Quebecois volunteers. The Chinese Communist Army is large but low-tech. Although it *can* deploy beyond its borders, logistics are a challenge. Meanwhile, a Soviet 'science mission' to the Antarctic proves to be surprisingly well-armed…

Finally, I want to change the colors of the unit graphics (infantry, artillery, etc.) so that they are easier to read on the new map. I did that on my computer by just copying and pasting the files; I'm not sure how to do that easily with a new map. Can I package this as a whole new game even though it's very close to the WW2v3-11 Nation game? I'll take advice.

Please email me at jasongreenlowe@gmail.com if I can help.

Thanks!
Jason

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Prussia

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

hello,

i have a request to update ultimate world colors and units,

currently im working on the expanded mod but being able to make sence of it i had to change allot of collors and units since the map was really poorly delivered. now im at the point i wanna play test it maybe vs other people, but they cannot see the new collors and will get lost and confused.

so this is my request:

- delete all mods of ultimate world (or back them up somewhere) they are all allot of B.crap and not ballanced what soever, they will also not work with my new units . yust make sure u dont thelete the Original 1.7

- replace the unit folder with my new unit folder

- replace the MAP propertys fyle with my new 1

i dont request for the mod yet, because it obviously will need allot of playtesting first, if you wouldnt mind u could include it but im gona ask for a new upload soon.

let me know if this is a problem

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5bskii889crjpx1

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
btw the unit folder and map propertys should be changed in the Original ultimate world map, because it will also upgrade that version, the xml should replace all mods of ultimate world since none of them make any sence. im yust trying to let you know what garbage is, or maybe make a section for maps that need additional work for playabilaty?

anyhow let me know if I did everything correct or maybe u want me to do additional stuff for it to be uploaded?

having 1 playable mod is in my oppinion superiour to 6 unplayable ones

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

sry

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

SantaClaus
Why would you need to bump a stickied thread?

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
working on some changes as discussed with rolf,

changes will follow soon

a different question to rolf:

about the WAW 1940 mod i made, i yust got informed that my 1940 mod is the standard for downloading waw and when u want the Original seig version u need to download waw mods..

this is in my oppinion not the correct way, seig's version of waw should stay as the primairy map download and my 1940 version should be the mod.

its a totaly new game not a replacement of the Original.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
ok here we go:

let me try to make it clear by listing my requests:

uw
1. replace Original 1.7 xml  (changed unit names t_boat etc)
2. keep the 1.7 v3 xml (no changes, tested)
3. replace the map propertys file in the original UW folder (upgrades all collors)
4. replace the unit folder completely (downsized and better collors)

5. delete the 6 mods or back them up (all unballanced and not maintained)
6. add ultimate world revised xml to the uw mods section

and as i said before:

waw

7. make Original seig's World at War the primairy download
8. put waw1940 mod made by me in the waw mod's section (this is now the other way around)

let me know if anything is unclear

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3r49mjrcu5u5ak8

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Ajmdemen
I managed to bring the map to playable shape thanks to Rolf's help. It does not look great I guess and the graphics could surely use some improvement if anyone feels up for it.

But it is possible to play :) Thanks Rolf

NewWorldOrder1915Lebowski.zip

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Rolf Larsson
Uploaded:
- Ultimate World, integrated the ice mod, it looks better than original. Removed from High Quality section, because of the bad graphics. Removed the Variants completely. WaW can stay I think, too.
- NWO 1915 Lebowski slight changes uploaded as 1.1
- Pacific Challenge 4.3, just ran with ai, seemed to work fine. Moved to Qaulity Maps, because of constant support and improvements.
- Stellar Forces 0.8.3, Zim I just grabbed it, a very innovative map, the theme is rare so on triplea. You might want to add a new description.
- A Song of Ice and Fire(Game of Thrones) slightly modified to work and uploaded.
- World at War variants 1.3.1 uploaded.

Took a long time, a lot of files were modified, so please everyone have a look at your files, can easily happen that a version number is wrong or something. Just let me know.
We now have custom dice!

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

many thanks for all your hard work rolf

some quick thoughts:

"ASoIaF"
what is this map?  Because the map downloader shows the "map names", not the "game name in the xml", I don't think anyone will download the map.
"SongOfIceAndFire" is probably too long.  Should we rename it to "Westeros"?

"NewWorldOrder1915Lebowski", is this different from the already existing "New World Order LebowskiEdition"?
If not, we should change the name so that it replaces the existing Lebowski edition.

lastly and very very very important:

the "mapname" field MUST EXACTLY MATCH the file zip name

example of incorrect:
<url>http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/tripleamaps/maps/ASoIaF.zip</url>
<mapName>A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire</mapName>

example1 of correct:
<url>http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/tripleamaps/maps/ASoIaF.zip</url>
<mapName>ASoIaF</mapName>

example2 of correct:
<url>http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/tripleamaps/maps/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire.zip</url>
<mapName>A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire</mapName>

no exceptions

The reason they must match is because there are 2 ways to download the map:
through triplea's map downloader
or manually by going to the website and downloading or using whatever the URL in the downloader xml is directly

triplea does something funny though: when downloading the map it downloads whatever is in the URL and then changes the zip name to be whatever is in the mapName field
this means that if you have:
<url>blahblah</url>
<mapName>tingting</mapName>

when you download manually the map file will end up being blahblah.zip
while if you download through triplea, the map file will end up being tingting.zip
and obviously because the xml can only point to 1 of them, some users will get errors depending on which method they used

so that is why the mapName and actual file name must match

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
i dont see ultimate world anywhere in that list, i scrolled up and down 3 times, tell me if im blind.

not too sure if it isnt a high quality map, imo it is one of very few ballanced bigmaps (the Original i mean)

but sure no problemo, yust wish someone could do something bout the mapskin;)

Latest version for "World_At_War_Variants" to be updated

sneakingcoward
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Latest version for "World_At_War_Variants" to be updated

Prussia
Hi Mods,

Please update Big World 2 to version 5.6.

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a36cekepezpiae8

Big World 2 version 5.5 in the depot has been stable for 6 months. However several key features no longer worked after TripleaA engine 1.7.0.3. Version 5.6 fixes these bugs.

I also made major update to the game notes. I believe with the latest NWO-style game notes, Big World 2 is worthy of the "High Quality Maps" section. It has been play-tested for months, and is more popular than a majority of the maps under "Quality Maps" section.

Thanks!

Re: Latest version for "World_At_War_Variants" to be updated

Prussia
This post was updated on .
Hi Rolf and Veq,

Please update Big World 2 to version 5.7

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?wq7d307bap7w47u

Reason for update:

1. I fixed some errors in the game notes
2. I balanced Rise of Axis a bit based on players's feedbacks

Thanks!
123456 ... 13