Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Locked 255 messages Options

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Navalland
Please add my  map (12 august 2015 version).

İf mods want edit my map, thay can.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

@all - Map repo updates:
- Added Domination_1914_Blood_And_Steel
- Updated Rome_Total_War to 1.0.4

@ice - Sorry for the delays as the release took a few days to smooth out the Mac issues.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
np, thanks allot, aswel for the new release, ur work is much apreciated! you and the team of devs fcource

Re: PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

Cernel wrote
I've seen that from this suggestion of mine of more than 4 months ago my Tertiered mod of 270BC hasn't been added in the 270BC folder in the new "extra maps" release.

This means that it has been refused, right?

Just wanted to be sure that my 270BC Tertiered mod has been refused, not overlooked.

(if it has been forgotted, but there is interest in having it, I can reupload it to sendspace, you just tell me)
I posted it on my own site. http://axisandallies.wikia.com/wiki/270BC_Tertiered. Please feel free to add additional comments.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

First time upload for "NE_Variants"

1. Download link for "NE_Variants.zip":
NE_Variants.zip

2. 400 pixel wide png picture of the map:

NEFFA5A_crop_shrink

3. Version: 1.0
First time upload
(this is the upload version for the zip, that should show up in the repository and be recorded in the relative downloaded properties; the game's version, inside the xml, is 5.0, instead)

4. DESCRIPTION update for depot listing:
(the description derives from this zip being meant to be a possible collection of whatever NE variants; although at the moment only this single variant of mine is in it)

------------ Description ------------

1 Variants of Napoleonic Empires

Napoleonic Empires Free-For-All 5 Alliances
Version 5.0, last update 2015.08.31 for engine 1.8.0.9
By Cernel

A mod of Napoleonic Empires Free-For-All 8 Players, with the players grouped into 5 Alliances and many other changes.

Set in June of 1794: the French Revolutionary War against the First Coalition during the Reign of Terror.

- Playable with 5 players
- Better historical representativity
- More realistic politics
- Higher dynamic gameplay
- Faster play time
- Rebalanced units
- Dice based
- Many options (also an 8 players option)

Thanks for playtesting and suggestions to SilverBullet, Canadianrebel1, buskopaz, TheKhan, Thundermane1, Jabba, Jilly, Cokerpilot, rcbarney, Lorenz, Navalland, Allied, General_Zod, d5d5, 12armymonkey, ice, lalapalooza, -SlapMe, Miklos, Ugly_The_Great, prastle, pel0047, Raville, user, Messerschmitt, prvt43, SS_Death, Gaerana, Fabivs, DanielD, Kwik, Blitzcric, Whiteshadow, Higgins, Crazy_Ivan, salta, KJF_ftw1, Maquis, Dmaneh, harvey, ghr2.

------------ Description end ------------

Notes:

As said, this zip is meant to be a folder for whatever Variants of Napoleonic Empires. Meaning that if others such variants would be made (by anyone), in the future, I suggest them being added inside this one folder (and the "1 Variant of Napoleonic Empires", in the description, being changed to the correct number).

I consider this mod being fully developed. I suggest uploading it in "ALL OTHER MAPS / EXPERIMENTAL", beside "WW2v3_Variants".

The game's version is 5.0 (the game's version is 5.0, not 1.0, because it is meant to be an evolution of Napoleonic_Empires_FFA_8player 4.0.9), while the upload version is 1.0. This is because the upload version refers to the folder, which is liable (at any point in the future) to have inside more than only this one variant (at version 5.0), each one with its own version.

I've playtested it for at least 5 rounds with all humans, with all Hard AI, with all Easy AI and with me as Russia and rest as Hard AI (here it is the savegame: NEFFA5A_01_20150831_me(Russia)_vs_Hard_AI.tsvg). All Playtest with AI has been made with Politics off.

The game has been extensively playtested with 5 human players and I believe it has a good balance. During 5 human players games, all alliances won at least 2 games each, except only OttomanEmpire, that never won any games.

If you want to playtest with any AI, I suggest turning Politics off.

Thanks!

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

I just noticed and want to make you notice, as well, that in depot the variants are akwardly splitted between a first bunch at the end of Quality:

big_world_variations
NWO_Variants
pact_of_steel_variations
World War II Revised Variations
Classic_variations
...and another bunch at the start of Other Maps:

World_At_War_Variants
WorldWar2010
Global_War
Global_War2
New World Order LebowskiEdition
WW2 NEW WORLD ORDER
WW2v3_11N
WW2v3_Variants
It doesn't seem that this distinction corresponds to any real quality differences.

The only pattern that I see is that all the first bunch of stuff are actual Variants, while in the second bunch of stuff the only real variant is "WW2v3_Variants".

Please, someday, consolidate them all into two different well made "Variants" sections in the depot. I suggest them being right after Quality and before Map Skins (exactly where the current first bunch above is located). The first one should be for all Variants that are stand alone; the second one for all Variants requiring another game to work.

Also, maybe, reorder them as well. Like Classic should be the first, then Revised, etc..

If you give me the relative xml, I can reorder them in a sensible way and upload it here.

In the meantime, please move the "WW2v3_Variants" (I'm expanding it in my next post) one up to the first bunch. The "NE_Variants" I posted in my previous post should belong to the first bunch, as well.

Thanks.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Latest version for "WW2v3_Variants" to be updated

1. Download link for "WW2v3_Variants.zip":
WW2v3_Variants.zip

2. 400 pixel wide png picture of the map:
Existing one is taken.

3. Latest Version: 2.0
(note: this is not the version of the Variants inside, but the version of the entire folder; the previous version was 1.4, which I assume was just the version of the regular v3 at the time; my suggestion would be having the first number incresed each time a new variant is added, the second number increased each time any existing variants is modified, the third number increased each time any existing variants is debugged or marginally modified)
Changes since last version:
Added WW2v3-1941-mbm.xml.
Added WW2v3-1941-techadvance.xml.

4. DESCRIPTION update for depot listing:

------------ Description ------------

9 Variants of World War II v3
(you must have World War II v3 installed already to be able to play these)

WWIIv3 1941 - Combat-Move Before Purchasing (by Talibush)
1941 except where you do your combat movement before making purchases.

WWIIv3 1942 - Combat-Move Before Purchasing (by Talibush)
1942 except where you do your combat movement before making purchases.

WWIIv3 1941 Move-Buy-Move (by Cernel)
1941 except where you do your combat movement before or after making purchases.

WWIIv3 China Mod (by Veqryn)
A rebalancing of v3 where China's turn is with the USSR (china goes before japan).

WWIIv3 UK Factory (by Veqryn)
A rebalancing of v3 where UK starts with a bid of a factory + infantry (they can place the factory anywhere before game begins).

WWIIv3 FFA (by Talibush)
1941 Free-For-All Version.

WWIIv3 3Teams (by Talibush)
1941 With 3 Sides instead of 2. The sides are: Nazi, Anglo, Asia.

WWIIv3 Free Tech (by Zlefin)
1941 With Tech activation after place and some free Technology given to each player, based on historical tendencies.

WWIIv3 Tech Advance (by Cernel)
1941 With Tech activation at place, new Cats and free Techs.

------------ Description end ------------

Note:

The only changes I made (beside changing the description) are adding the following two xml into the current folder:

WW2v3-1941-mbm.xml
WW2v3-1941-techadvance.xml

Sometimes the AI bugs off and crashes when handling air transports; anyway, as now, no AI is supposed to be able to handle air transports. In general, as no AI really support tech, and you may easily run into other tech issues AI related; so, I would suggest not testing this game with any AI, but assigning all players to yourself. This game is not meant to be played with AI, at least not at their current state.

Also, no AI are supposed to have to deal with the ability to move both before and after purchase; and that's another reason for not testing this game with AI too much.

Anyway, I would say AI testing should be broadly viable, though bad.

Thanks!

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Latest version for "Star Wars: Galactic War" to be updated

1. Download link for "star_wars_galactic_war.zip":
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32S8ObEkqQua1dIa2w2b3pMUjA/view?usp=sharing

2. 400 pixel wide png picture of the map:
Existing one is taken.

3. Latest Version: 1.3
Version 1.2 to 1.3 changes (By Frostion):
The screen now centers on the capital at the beginning of every turn.
Allied and war relationships now have names.
All Wastland names corrected to Wasteland.
New carriers may now be built with fighters on deck. Furthermore, any planetside fighters may move to the newly built carriers.
Raised all long-range fighter cost by 5 PUs.
All 3-move land unit cost reduced by 1 PU.
Changed how Fortifications work.

4. DESCRIPTION update for depot listing:
Existing one is taken.

Latest version for "Star Wars: Tatooine War" to be updated

1. Download link for "star_wars_tatooine_war.zip":
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32S8ObEkqQuejduOHJsSTI2SFU/view?usp=sharing

2. 400 pixel wide png picture of the map:
Existing one is taken.

3. Latest Version: 1.3
Version 1.2 to 1.3 changes (By Frostion):
The screen now centers on the capital at the beginning of every turn.
Allied and war relationships now have names.
New carriers may now be build with fighters on deck. Furthermore, any planetside fighters may move to the newly build carriers.
Changed several unit placement spots.
Raised all long-range fighter cost by 5 PUs.
Changed how Fortifications work.
Arranged player turns to be clockwise.

4. DESCRIPTION update for depot listing:
Existing one is taken.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

First time upload for "Dragon War"

1. Download link for "dragon_war.zip":
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B32S8ObEkqQuRWxjVVJBdVZhaG8/view?usp=sharing

2. 400 pixel wide png picture of the map:

3. Version: 1.0.1
First time upload

4. DESCRIPTION for depot listing:
------------ Start Description ------------
Dragon War
Version 1.0.1 for engine 1.8.0.9
By Frostion

a.) Content:
1 game: Dragon War

b.) Rough overview:
This is a fantasy universe map inspired by Warhammer, Warcraft and Lord of the Rings. An alliance of evil races seek to overtake the entire world, but an alliance of good will try to stop them. Players are either human, elves, dwarves, orcs or undead. There are many minor races and nations, but these are meant to be AI controlled.

The game features
- A 3 vs 3 player scenario that is AI compatible.
- 6 player races and 6 minor AI races.
- Over 25 different unit types using 12-sided dice.
- Several race specific unit types.
- Several unit categories like Infantry, Cavalry, Artillery, Air, Sea, Characters, Fortifications, Siege Weapons and Settlements.
- Resources like PUs, Wood, Metal and Food are used to buy units. They can all be obtained by holding land and sea territories.
- Several kinds of territory effects.
- Races can acquire free race specific units buy holding their special territories.
- Roaming dragons can be caught and turned into powerful beasts of war.
- Two victory conditions (Economic and Total Victory).

c.) General tips:
Read the map notes for more detailed information and game conditions.
------------ End Description ------------

To the devs:
I have finally decided to “release” Dragon War. I have tested it with the Easy AI, and games play through without a single error. With the Hard AI, there are only background errors. No critical crashing errors occur. There are still a number of bugs and AI limitations, but these are not map specific, so I guess I can release the map and hope for future fixes:
• AI players cannot upgrade villages to town and towns to cities. (Upgrading is not supported by the AI atm.)
• AI players cannot use the air transport feature of the many air units. (isAirTransport / isAirTransportable is not supported by the AI atm.)
• AI players cannot handle using excess PUs to buy resources during the purchase phase as human players would do. (Other resources and shopping resources are not fully supported by the AI atm.)
• The special characters (General, Wizard and Priestess) have 2 moves. They can blitz through the “mountain” territory effect that should prevent enemies from blitzing. This is a TribleA engine bug that occurs when units have both canBlitz and isAirTransportable. The bug is discussed here:
http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/isAirTransportable-canBlitz-td7587868.html

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

alkexr
New version of "Large_Middle_Earth" to be uploaded

1. Download link for "Large_Middle_Earth.zip":
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9iFRVeHK6NEb2VfZ3FoeVo1SjQ

2. 400 pixel wide png picture of the map:

3. Version 1.1.1
Changes since last version (1.0):
Changes in graphics
Changed balance
Full changelog in game notes.

4. DESCRIPTION update for depot listing:

------------ Description ------------

Large Middle Earth
Version 1.1.1, last update 2015.09.20. for engine 1.8.0.9
Creator and maintainer: alkexr (find me on the tripleadev forum)
Map design by Frostion

a.) Content:
Includes 1 Game.
Large Middle Earth - Third Age All Stars

b.) Rough overview:
A game about a war in Tolkien's Middle Earth where the mightiest realms of the Third Age fight for the victory in the struggle between Good and Evil.

The game features
- a large map with hundreds of territories and many factions
- different territory effects with major impact on battles
- various unit abilities: there is more difference between units than just attack/defense/movement stats
- Free For All game option

c.) General tips:
Read game notes before playing, unless you want to have your strongest units killed by some unexpected enemy ability.

------------ Description end ------------
Have you played any of my maps? Share your opinion!
Large Middle Earth
Russian Civil War

STATUS OF MAP UPLOAD

sneakingcoward
Following posts have been reviewed (playtested with Easy AI) and can be uploaded:

-  Cernel (Aug 31, 2015) - NE_Variants
First time upload.
-  Cernel (Sep 01, 2015) - WW2v3_Variants
update v 2.0
-  Frostion (Sep 05, 2015) - Star Wars: Galactic War
update v 1.3
-  Frostion (Sep 05, 2015) - Star Wars: Tatooine War
update v 1.3
-  Frostion (Sep 13, 2015) - Dragon War
First time upload.
108 MB of 173 MB only sounds ???????
-  alkexr (Sep 26, 2015) - Large_Middle_Earth
update v 1.1.1

**************
**************
Following posts are still pending review and haven't been uploaded due to incomplete posting or errors:
- blumb  (Dec 31, 2014) - Great Lakes War
- humbabba  (Mar 01, 2015) - Empire
- Procas  (Mar 27, 2015) - skin for the europe/pacific/global 1940 games that fixes the colors
- Cernel  (Apr 02, 2015) - adding this mod of mine as xml inside the 270BC folder

Please update your posts according the thread "PRECONDITIONS-FOR-MAP-UPLOAD".
http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/PRECONDITIONS-FOR-MAP-UPLOAD-td7587348.html
If there are any questions, please mail to: wgbt@gmx.at
**************
Status of pending uploads:
- blumb, - humbabba are not responding
- Procas, - Cernel: shall we test it ??? how should we handle the xml insert of cernel ? skin or insert ? is redrum doing the insert ?

Re: STATUS OF MAP UPLOAD

Imbaked
You can take no man's land off your radar. I will repost when ready

Sent from my Samsung device over Bell's LTE network.

Following posts have been reviewed (playtested with Easy AI) and can be uploaded:

-  Cernel (Aug 31, 2015) - NE_Variants
First time upload.
-  Cernel (Sep 01, 2015) - WW2v3_Variants
update v 2.0
-  Frostion (Sep 05, 2015) - Star Wars: Galactic War
update v 1.3
-  Frostion (Sep 05, 2015) - Star Wars: Tatooine War
update v 1.3
-  Frostion (Sep 13, 2015) - Dragon War
First time upload.
146 MB of 173 MB only sounds ???????
-  alkexr (Sep 26, 2015) - Large_Middle_Earth
update v 1.1.1

**************
**************
Following posts are still pending review and haven't been uploaded due to incomplete posting or errors:
- blumb  (Dec 31, 2014) - Great Lakes War
- Imbaked  (Jan 25, 2015) - Domination 1914 No Mans Land
- humbabba  (Mar 01, 2015) - Empire
- Procas  (Mar 27, 2015) - skin for the europe/pacific/global 1940 games that fixes the colors
- Cernel  (Apr 02, 2015) - adding this mod of mine as xml inside the 270BC folder

Please update your posts according the thread "PRECONDITIONS-FOR-MAP-UPLOAD".
http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/PRECONDITIONS-FOR-MAP-UPLOAD-td7587348.html
If there are any questions, please mail to: [hidden email]
NAML

Re: STATUS OF MAP UPLOAD

Sonds are gona be drastically shrunk soon (add automated MP3 conversion), thus sounds-heavy maps should not be an issue in the near future.

Re: STATUS OF MAP UPLOAD

RogerCooper
I have a new map based upon the original version of the game. Nova Games Edition

Re: STATUS OF MAP UPLOAD

Cernel
What about calling it World War II v0, instead of NGE, and setting the version to 0.0, then keeping it at 0.x up until there are any major rules not implemented, then switching to World War II v0 1.0, when all major rules are supported (if it will ever happen)?

Re: STATUS OF MAP UPLOAD

RogerCooper
Cernel wrote
What about calling it World War II v0, instead of NGE, and setting the version to 0.0, then keeping it at 0.x up until there are any major rules not implemented, then switching to World War II v0 1.0, when all major rules are supported (if it will ever happen)?
I don't expect all the rules to be implemented. The name does not matter much to me, its really up to repository coordinator.

Re: STATUS OF MAP UPLOAD

Navalland
i want delete blood_and_steel map.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Any news about when / if the list of reviewed maps are uploaded?
Are we waiting for a new version of TripleA? Or is the delay a part of this files/host/website moving thing that is going on?
Just asking

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

@Frostion - I'm planning to upload all new/updated maps soon. I'm working on first updating World At War and looking for some help in the graphical/presentation areas. Interested?

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Frostion
@redrum
You can mail me a list/description of what needs to be done and then I can see if it is something I can handle.
1 ... 910111213