Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Locked 255 messages Options

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

RogerCooper
I will clean up as suggested.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

RogerCooper
The revised Iron Blitz has been posted to http://www.rogercooper.com/Iron_Blitz.zip

New Map: Apocalypse2012

infomaster252
Apocalypse 2012

http://www.freedrive.com/file/1675737

Screenshot

This map is a conglomeration of maps and ideas presented on this forum. The map base I used was the Domination map as I found it had the best detail vs playability for a world conquest map. I did a lot of editing on it to better align borders and cities with the modern world.

The units are mostly from Cold War 1965. I really like his use of nukes and conventional weapons.

There are two sides, the Nato Alliance and the Russo-Sino-Arab Alliance. Not every country in the world fits easily into two sides but I thought this would make for the best WWIII scenario. The cold war finally plays out because of unrest in the middle east and unprovoked attacks by the DPRK. Israel and the U.S. Persian Gulf fleet are wiped out by Iran in round 1! Ouch it's WW3!

Nato Alliance: NATO (includes most of Europe), U.S., India, Japan, SEATO (Australia and Phillipines), and Brazil

Russo-Sino-Arab Alliance: Russia, China, Arab League (Iran, Pakistan, Syria, Jordan), DPRK, Bolivarian Alliance (Venezuela, Bolivia, Equador), and Indonesia (mostly to balance SEATO)

I certainly want to improve the playablility so any suggestions are appreciated. I know some of the units and prices need to be tweaked. Some countries are obviously not fun to play alone so I suggest playing an entire side.

I tried to make the game as realistic to real world numbers as possibe. For the most part countries value is based on their GDP. Cities with factories are way more important to conquer than wastelands. Units represent fractions of units from the Wiki on current military numbers. 1 Infantry = 50,000 men, 1 tank = 500 tanks, etc... I found the statistics fascinating when I did the research. I didn't include reserve army units as they are reserves, not active duty units ready to go at the outset of the nuclear apocalyspe. I may add them later as militia nonmovement units.

The Russo-Sino-Arab Alliance has a lot of firepower but NATO and US have lots of income and valuable cities. I can win easily on both sides versus the AI. When I play the Moore AI against itself it runs for 50 turns with NATO usually gaining the long term advantage.

The DPRK has a huge army but no money to buy anything new. Japan has no army but lots of money.

The transporting of troops needs to be tweaked. I believe that all units should be paratrooped in the modern world so I let tanks and all men be paradropped. I maybe want to tweak this so only marines can be para-dropped into combat and let all other units be para-transported during non-combat.

I played with the rockets and icbms but still not quite right. I need to figure out how to make rockets have a combat move and a different non-combat move. A rocket should not be able to fly itself to it's destination!

Enjoy!

Re: New Map: Apocalypse2012

thanks info,

i'd like to hear back from others who've played it, and give it a little time for you to hear back from them and make improvements before we upload it

generally speaking, first impressions last a long time, so if we upload now, maybe people will not have a good impression

let us know in a week or two after you've done a lot of playtesting, then we'll upload

Re: New Map: Apocalypse2012

Prussia
This post was updated on .
Hi mods,

I have an update request for big world 2:

http://www.mediafire.com/?s0cunnrnbpznavg

- no changes to Balance of power and its v3 map
- fixed political bugs on balance of power map.

Thanks,

Prussia

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ThePaxman
Veqryn,
I have ready to post a mod of the Great War scenario.  Here are the required description, screen shot, and zip file.  Thanks!

GWSU_description.txt
GWSU.png
http://freedrive.com/file/1682420

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

RogerCooper,

While you were making these Iron Blitz scenarios, I was busy making Classic 3rd Edition, and all the mods for the guys at AAWC.

I took yours, and updated them to be 3rd edition.

I then took all of these (like 15) mods, and put them into a single pack: "Classic_variations"

it is now available for download in the list

please double check the setups, as I corrected a few bugs in yours (like a german aa gun in russian territory, etc)

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

RogerCooper
That's great Veqryn. I will check them out.

My current project is the Nova Games Edition.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

SantaClaus
I made a minor fix for WilfredOwen's Roman Invasion map. Some of the units in the units folders had different names than in the XML, causing the game to crash.

Fixed version:
Roman_Invasion.zip

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

eurofabio
I got 3 errors when opening your map:

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.6.1.2
SAXParseException: game: Britannia: Pre_Roman_4_Nation_Alliance, line: 491, column: 15, error: The content of element type "map" must match "((grid|territory)+,connection*,remove-connection*)".
SAXParseException: game: Britannia: Pre_Roman_4_Nation_Alliance, line: 599, column: 28, error: The content of element type "sequence" must match "(step)+".
SAXParseException: game: Britannia: Pre_Roman_4_Nation_Alliance, line: 1194, column: 27, error: The content of element type "attatchmentList" must match "(attatchment)+".

SantaClaus wrote
I made a minor fix for WilfredOwen's Roman Invasion map. Some of the units in the units folders had different names than in the XML, causing the game to crash.

Fixed version:
Roman_Invasion.zip

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

SantaClaus
Thats odd, I only changed unit names, nothing XML related. Im not getting any errors. I'll look at it again though.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

SantaClaus
Whoops, just noticed that the zipped file is double-zipped. Reuploaded:

Roman_Invasion.zip

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Yo V

I have made a World at War 1940 mod,

basicaly its a mod to speed up and simplify the original mod,

changes all over the xml like unit placemtns, turnorder (kept pbem in mind) capitals productions units etc

it has already been playtested and so far no bugs found, funrate is good though it might need some finetuning after various games but i dont think that will happen too soon, i would say atleast 2-3 months

hope this can be uploaded, only changed the xml:

World_At_War_1940.xml

let me know if everything is in order

thx ice

ps commin soon: ultimate world expanded: expanded and ballanced that will make other uw variants obsolete

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
:(

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Rolf Larsson
You guys must be kidding, freedrive requires to register, forget about it, use sendspace or mediafire or something similar.

Roman Invasion causes errors, please check again Santa.

World at War 1940 uploaded.
We now have custom dice!

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Due to being in shanghai, I can not access many websites, including freedrive and mediafire.

Please upload your maps to Send Space: http://www.sendspace.com/
(or if they are small, upload right into the forum)

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

dont see it in the list, is it under some other variant maybe?

if so can the mapname be added plz

thx ice

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Rolf Larsson
it is within the normal Waw as suggested by Veq, can be a map/mod of its own, too. Since it uses the exact same map and units, it saves some mbs this way.
We now have custom dice!

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Please delete Pacific Theater from the repository and replace it with Pacific Theater Solo Challenge.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/kxtpac

Single-player variant of the WW2 Pacific conflict using a modded map created by
Triple_Elk, iron__cross, and ComradeKev.  Convoy routes and zones were replaced with valued
sea zones.  This map features AI interactivity, a unique technology system, nontraditional
unit statistics, resources, a 'quick to learn-hard to master' play style, and built-in
difficulty selection. Designed for challenging human play as Japan versus the AI.

[the existing screenshot should be adequate]

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

SantaClaus
Rolf Larsson wrote
Roman Invasion causes errors, please check again Santa.
I only get the errors when the file is zipped, and have no idea what's causing them, especially since I didn't change anything in the XML.
I've looked at all of the sections the error message mentions and cannot find anything wrong with them
12345 ... 13