Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Locked 255 messages Options

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Procas
I've made a skin for the europe/pacific/global 1940 games that fixes the colors of Japan, China, ANZAC and Germany to reflect how they appear in the board game.

If it could be included on the repository that would be awesome.

Link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/7kk5eh

fixed_colors.png

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

I propose adding this mod of mine inside the 270BC folder:

270BC_Tertiered.zip

The xml is contained in a folder just for allowing easier manual installation. I'm suggesting having it inside the 270BC folder, not as a separate download.

Since 270BC is currently part of the bigger TripleA prerelease, this proposal is for Veqryn only.

Since I'm asking for it being added inside the 270BC folder, I'm not providing anything else but the xml.

The concept of this mod is having a game very similar to 270BC, but with about 1/3 of the units on the board, for a more classic, easier and intuitive real boardgame experience (very little need for using the battlecalculator, as long as you play dice).

By playing it, it seems like the actual stack numbers are reduced even more than 3 times. While in original it is quite common ending up with stacks of about 50 units, with the biggest ones being about 100 units, here stacks seems to be about 10 units.

The advantages of having few units are:

1) Greater importance of dice luck (less dependence on the battlecalculator)
2) Faster playtime, also for much faster calculating (I think playing this takes about 1/2 the time needed for playing the original)
3) Easier playgame, especially for thinking ahead (so that the quality of playing will depend more on actual strategy, than on errors; like counting units' numbers wrongly or missing units)
4) Faster AI (Hard AI takes less than 1 minute making the whole first round!)

What this mod makes of 270BC

1) Makes it reasonably playable as a live multi game
2) Makes it into a 1v1 game reasonably playable in one sitting of some 6 hours only (which is kind of lacking, since almost all of TA good custom games are big maps)
3) Allows for having a much reduced introductory game to 270BC, much easier for noobs, and still fairly similar to the bigger game
4) Allows for playing a quick game against Hard AI

Note

Except only for making the round 1 attack in Lilybaeum moderately bad, as it was before, in the 1.3.1 version of 270BC, this mod is meant to be close to the original game, playwise.
So, for example, if, in the original game, the defence of ballista is increased to 1 (as I keep suggesting), it should be increased to 1 here too; if, in the original game, the units in Paraetonium are increased to 6 spearman, here they should be increased to 2 spearman; if, in original game, the value of Syracuse is increased to 9, here it should be increased to 3; etc..
Refer to Notes tab for the conversion rules, in not integer cases.
Then, manual changes should eventually be made (and recorded in Notes), to keep the gameplay similar to 270BC (because the automatic conversion rules aren't always good enough).

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Patrick
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

sneakingcoward
Please update your post like...

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/PRECONDITIONS-FOR-MAP-UPLOAD-td7587348.html

This is not to bother you, a complete posting is required to properly upload a map.
It is not the task of the map reviewer/uploader to get all this infos, it is for the mapmaker a "obligation to provide" this infos.

Thank you.

**************
Following posts are still pending review and haven't been uploaded due to incomplete posting:
- blumb  (Dec 31, 2014) - Great Lakes War
- Imbaked  (Jan 25, 2015) - Domination 1914 No Mans Land
- humbabba  (Mar 01, 2015) - Empire
- Procas  (Mar 27, 2015) - skin for the europe/pacific/global 1940 games that fixes the colors
- Cernel  (Apr 02, 2015) - adding this mod of mine as xml inside the 270BC folder
- Patrick  (Apr 04, 2015) - The Great Steampunk War

Please update your posts according the thread "PRECONDITIONS-FOR-MAP-UPLOAD".
If there are any questions, please mail to: wgbt@gmx.at

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Patrick
My apologies for some errors in the uploading process above. I mistakenly changed the file name from that it runs under locally. But it would help if I name the .zip file correctly! I can only claim inexperience as a newbie at uploading. The game itself has been extensively play-tested and runs > 37 turns without problems (the Centrals tend to win on Easy, the Entente on Hard). My errors were in folder nomenclature.
So, let me try this again.

First time upload for “Steampunk”
1. Download link for “Steampunk.zip”: https://www.sendspace.com/file/98xulh
2. 400 pixel wide .png picture of the map.

400 pixel wide .png close up of the Pacific situation.

3. Version 1 First time upload.
4. Description for Depot Listing.
Large Map of 1915 Earth with some fictional locations.
Version 1.0, last update April 2015 for engine 1.8.0.5
Game done by Patrick Brady
Suggestions to Tekumel1@yahoo.com
a.) Content:
Includes 1 Game.
Steampunk 1915

b.) Rough overview:
This is the First World War with added Martians. Every nation has special units, map altered in line with fictional locations from period literature.

The game features
- a large map with hundreds of territories and many factions
- various unit abilities and special units.

c.) General tips:
A manual is provided in the .zip file. Special units can be powerful.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
request to update Rome Total War to  v1.0.3

http://www.mediafire.com/view/9crl73ftifcpg5f/Rome_Total_War.xml

thanks

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

demagogue
I ran Steampunk out of curiousity and got a crash report at game start, when the siren's going off. I'm posting a phone shot, hope it's readable.

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/20j1u12.jpg[/IMG]

Edit. Game is still running, but the map is greyed out. If I randomly click it, I can sometimes select a unit. So the map is there I guess, but it's all grey screen to me.

Re: PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

Under the current 270BC description, leave a empty line and, then, just add a line with:
"
Includes 270BC Tertiered Mod by Cernel, version: 1.5.
"

You can either just copypaste the xml I previously posted inside the 270BC folder, or substitute the current 270BC folder with this one:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ksb9o4

Thanks

Re: PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

ice
yust out of curiousity, is there still someone active that does the updates.

no problem i need to wait a bit. but a nice thing to know it gets done eventualy :)

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

On a second thought, I think there's a good probability that Veqryn won't notice.

So I'd say the others uploader can do the upload, if they want to. Veqryn can still decide to boot it the next release or whenever, anyway.

So far, I've played it only 1 time; seems rite and intend to play it more. Hopefully I'll find some xp.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

DrSeptapus
First time upload for "Ur-Quan Slave War: Masters Edition"

1. Download link for "UrQuanWarMastersEdition.zip":
https://www.sendspace.com/file/7ftre6

2. 400 pixel wide png picture of the map:

3. Version: 1.0
First time upload

4. DESCRIPTION update for depot listing:

------------ Description ------------

Ur-Quan Slave War: Masters Edition
Version 1.0, last update 2015.4.12 for engine 1.8.0.5
Game done by DrSeptapus
Suggestions to gontoben@hotmail.com

a.) Content:
Includes 1 Game.
Ur-Quan Slave War: Masters Edition

b.) Rough overview:
If you are a fan of Star Control you will quickly notice this map is made with love from a fanboi. You will see every ship featured in Star Control 2, including the ones only available in super melee like the Androsynth Guardian. This map does play differently than most space maps however in that every tile is a land tile and all ships are considered land units(except 2 air units). This may seem odd but is mostly canonical since in Star Control 2 you knew a system was owned by a specific race because they had ships in the system, not because of soldiers on the planets.

The game features
- 15 major factions and 3 minor factions available
- 218 tiles(one for each solar system featured in Star Control 2's galaxy map)
- and 34 units including special one time use ships like the Sa-Matra

c.) General tips:
Read game notes before playing.

------------ Description end ------------

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

LeaveMeAlone
Greetings fellow bros and... the other half.  Indeed this map is "ballin" and I would "rep it most def."  If you are looking for a change of pace, and enjoy not having to hassle with transports, this is the map for you.  If you are a fan of the Starcontrol series, you will notice this map was crafted with great detail and attention.  It is, by far, the "most ill" of any whom have ever been attempted.

Don't be trippin' or hatin', yo.  Shizzy be tight.  Word.

Seacrest Out.

Re: PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

anyone still out there doing this?

i did get a weird email with no name about my upload, but dono what to make of it or if its even related ¿?

plz respond here, or adress me with atleast a name and a response to my return email.

Re: PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

@all - I believe sneakingcoward (wgbt@gmx.at) is reviewing maps for upload. Please make sure to put your post in the proper form indicated here: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/PRECONDITIONS-FOR-MAP-UPLOAD-td7587348.html

Re: PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

ice
wel yes thats what he said, but its already here in like 20 posts back. im simply posting a new xml to update the map

do i really need to post the exact same thing over and over again?

Re: PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

@ice - Please do so that things are consistent and easier for us to review then upload.

Re: PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

I'm like 99% sure that they just want you to post the entire folder zipped (not just the xml), not meaning that you have post again the image and comments.

Plus the new version number (the one telling the downloaders if their maps are obsolete). Because it doesn't necessarily have to have the same you have in the xml; even tho normally is.

Re: PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

ice
Rome Total War v 1.0.3

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8r1d25lv0vdr6uy/Rome_Total

complete zip

changes are in the Rome total war topic, and also in the gamenotes, nothing other then xml changes, description and picture stays the same

hopefully this is enough for a few ballance tweeks

to get a good ballanced map, the same thing might happen in a few months, plz let me know if this is the correct way or not

STATUS OF MAP UPLOAD

sneakingcoward
This post was updated on .
Please update your post like...

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/PRECONDITIONS-FOR-MAP-UPLOAD-td7587348.html

**************
Following posts are still pending review and haven't been uploaded due to incomplete posting or errors:
- blumb  (Dec 31, 2014) - Great Lakes War
- Imbaked  (Jan 25, 2015) - Domination 1914 No Mans Land
- humbabba  (Mar 01, 2015) - Empire
- Procas  (Mar 27, 2015) - skin for the europe/pacific/global 1940 games that fixes the colors
- Cernel  (Apr 02, 2015) - adding this mod of mine as xml inside the 270BC folder
- Patrick  (Apr 04, 2015) - The Great Steampunk War
- DrSeptapus (Apr 16, 2015) - 1st time upload Ur-Quan Slave War: Masters Edition

Please update your posts according the thread "PRECONDITIONS-FOR-MAP-UPLOAD".
If there are any questions, please mail to: wgbt@gmx.at
**************

Following posts have been reviewed (playtested) and can be uploaded:
- ice (Apr 20, 2015) - update of Rome Total War v 1.0.3

other update:
- blumb, - Imbaked, - humbabba are not responding
- Procas, - Cernel: shall we test it ??? how should we handle the xml insert of cernel ? skin or insert ? is redrum doing the insert ?
- Patrick, - DrSeptapus are informed to update their zip files due to errors.

Re: PRECONDITIONS FOR MAP UPLOAD

My mod is very low priority, because I've played only 2 times and it is just a very simple basic mod; so not needed to be in depot to playtest. Sometimes I made some simple mods and just guessed this might interest someone else.

I was thinking it would have been better to wait till the next triplea comes out, cause now 270BC may be preinstalled, but I think you can upload it now as well, if you want to, so it doesn't get forgotten.

Btw, I've uploaded the zip, with the xml already inside, in the topic I'm replying too.

So, yah, anytime you want to upload it, now or when the next TripleA will come out; doesn't matter.

I believe redrum already took a look at it, cause I posted a playtest for AI, with exactly the same game.