Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Locked 255 messages Options
1 ... 45678910 ... 13

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Zim Xero
Uploading both Starwars maps to Quality and Coldwar1948 to Other today.  Both games playtested flawlessly on mechanics, however, once loaded into svn, caused my svn to hard lock.  I deleted my local copy of svn and am redownloading the whole repository... might take a while.  Hopefully, my version was corrupt, causing the errors to throw. (would also explain why I haven't been able to debug two games im working on, after dozens of hours of fails... they require the svn version.)

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

So, yesterday I searched in lobby for someone to play War of the Relics and (as usual) found noone.

But today an user told me that he downloaded the map, out of curiosity of me asking for it, and incurred in some obvious problems that were not that obvious to him (asked me if that map had a virus LOL).

So, since he doesn't know how to manual deinstall stuff, it ended up in a mess for him and kind of deleted and reinstalled TripleA a bunch of times, till getting to remove all triplea related things in user too (so, the maps folder too) and reinstall the whole TripleA.

Basically, he took for him more than 5 minutes to load the map from Choose Game. What it derived from it you can easily guess.

War of the Relics is a very cool map and it is great to have it in the repository, but I would advice to add some warning, in the repository note, about it being heavy and suggesting to download it only having a very powerful computer or being able to do manual deinstallation.

Maybe also add to not panic and, if you get slowdown, just open a new TripleA and select a different map from Choose Game.

This should be the same for any maps that the uploader finds take a lot of time to load, I think.

As a side note, while all the slowings in opening TripleA and hosting the game are fully understandable, having an heavy map slows you down all the same when you try joining someone else hosting any maps, no matter which one, while having said map as your preloaded map, in the TripleA you're running, which made him think that the slowdown problem was general, not just related to loading that particular map (if he would have just clicked on Choose Game and select another map he wouldn't have anymore problems, but he didn't realize that and got frustrated for hours; it may be an issue for many other users, I think).

Cheers

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

I have found and corrected two minor flaws in the Star Wars maps. I hope the new versions can be uploaded to the repository. Changelog info has been added to the map notes and the new version number is also updated to v1.1 within the XMLs.

Here are the updated versions in zip:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91867373/StarWarsGalacticWar.zip
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91867373/StarWarsTatooineWar.zip

Galactic War Changelog:
Version 1.0 – 1.1 (By Frostion)
All short-range fighters now move 4 instead of 3. They can now participate in 2-move fleet invasions.
Tatooine War Changelog:
Version 1.0 - 1.1 (By Frostion)
Added missing connection between land zones "Southern Dune Sea" and "Wayfar".

EDIT: Ok. Up until now, I have only found these two flaws. But if I find more then I will react. But if I don’t mention more changes, then please just update the zips to the above 1.1.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Zim Xero
changelogs should be included as a file inside your map folder, not added to the game description, except when the version changes actually change the description of the game.  These do not.  It is preferable that any changed map be fully included as a link.  I will not be uploading any new versions to repository until at least a week goes by.   This will give you time to finalize, and for others to playtest your changed version.  It is important to have a final version before going to repository.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

I have not found any more flaws in the two Star Wars maps. I think it is ok to update to v1.1. Thanks.

Blue vs. Gray: An adaptation of a classic Civil War game

humbabba
Blue vs. Gray is ready for upload, having been extensively play tested.

It's adapted from a simple-yet-elegant board game. Two players face off as the North and the South in the American Civil War of 1861-65. Each has control of infantry and cavalry units, which can be upgraded to stronger versions after winning battles. Three generals -- Lee, Grant, and Sherman -- are also featured. Players fight for control of territory with very different victory objectives.

Much of the game is about maneuvering, as better position can trump superior firepower, and things evolve in surprising ways. A system for rail and river movement really mixes things up, and cavalry can jump over defenders to muck around behind enemy lines.

The North has lots of advantages, but the South has more ways to win, so in testing it's gone both ways a lot. Each side requires very different tactics to win.

It's also a quick play; live games have lasted 60 to 90 minutes in testing.

http://tinyurl.com/blue-vs-gray

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

humbabba
The War of the Relics v2 is now ready.

http://tinyurl.com/war-of-the-relics

Updated manual and changelog included.

What are the expected settings for these games?  human vs human only or any AI or what.  I was getting errors on the Civil War game running with AIs, no crashes.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

humbabba

Sorry I did not mention. AI play is not possible in Blue vs. Gray or War of the Relics. Human vs. human only.

On Nov 30, 2014 12:29 AM, "Zim Xero [via tripleadev]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
What are the expected settings for these games?  human vs human only or any AI or what.  I was getting errors on the Civil War game running with AIs, no crashes.

To unsubscribe from Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated, click here.
NAML

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Here is a World War One scenario I created.

1914-COW-Empires

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Looks like this post still needs reviewed: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Post-here-to-request-having-your-map-on-the-Map-Repository-uploaded-or-updated-tp7058428p7586037.html

Here is the thread with the map info: http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Large-Middle-Earth-Third-Age-All-Stars-tp7586038.html

I think we really need a few more volunteers to help review map request as I don't think Zim Xero and I can keep up with all these.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

sneakingcoward
I would like to join the map team....
Mail me please.

Due that I've also own maps, i would like to join.

wgbt(at)gmx.at

sneakingcoward

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

@sneakingcoward - I'd say your pretty much hired. If you can take a few of the open requests on this thread and play test and review the maps then post your feedback that would be very helpful. Let me know if you have any questions.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

I had to make a minor change in my WW1 scenario. Download at
http://www.rogercooper.com/1914-COW-Empires_000.zip

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Imbaked
I cant load this map roger. I think u might be missing the map properties name. I assume it loads for you?

Cheers

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

RogerCooper
Imbaked wrote
I cant load this map roger. I think u might be missing the map properties name. I assume it loads for you?

Cheers
It loads without problem for me. It uses the existing Empires map.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Cernel
info name="1914-COW-Empires"

zip name: 1914-COW-Empires_000

Of course, they must match.

The maps from the user folder get priority over the preloaded ones; and the unzipped maps get priority over the zips. You must have another, probably unzipped, map folder somewhere. I suggest to always remove all similar folders, but the one you want to test, to be sure. It doesn't matter where your xml is: there is no priority given to the folder that contains the games folder that contains the xml, in case this is what you think.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

RogerCooper
I figured out how to fix the file name on my website. Try downloading it now from http://www.rogercooper.com/1914-COW-Empires.zip

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

While I don't feel like (asking for) taking the responsibility of putting my hands in the repo (beside, I don't even know what the things you talked about in the requirements are), I wouldn't mind help playtesting, if maps end up in standstill for months.
But (as I've already said) for this we need an official list of playtesters.
I think Veqryn wouldn't be fine with you uploading things on the word of somebody else.
Just IMHO.
(I would not review maps that I think have copyright issues)

Cheers

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

sneakingcoward
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
1 ... 45678910 ... 13