Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Locked 255 messages Options
1 ... 3456789 ... 13

Latest version for "World_At_War-skin_sneak" for first time upload

sneakingcoward
1. Download link for "World_At_War-skin_sneak.zip":
http://www.sendspace.com/file/rzxfpq

2. Latest Version: 1.0

3. TEXT Update:
------------
Skin for World At War (original map by Sieg)
Mod done by sneakingcoward / wgbt@gmx.at

The skin mods map colours and units for better visibility.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

NWO Lebowski version 2.0.3

Changelog version 2.0.3 by ice

-Changed some more unit looks and stats
-added general and mobile factory to build
-fixed bunker placement
-fixed some errors in the gamenotes
-fixed ankara sz 52 connection
-fixed some flags that where still ugly
-deleted some factorys in russia and germany
-added 2 mobile factorys in russia

https://www.mediafire.com/?bfuv85gpyyah7yh

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Imbaked
I would like to request my Domination mod "Domination: 1914 No Mans Land" be added to the map depot.

It is hosted here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/mim6j9wv5v8k1hw/Domination_1914_No_Mans_Land.zip

When I set out on this project I had no prior knowledge of how to make a map and really just stumbled along trying to learn from other maps and trial & error. I had never even heard of an xml.

I have attempted to take the following principles in listed order of importance as guidelines while creating this:
1) Fun
2) Balance
3) Historical Accuracy
4) Look and Feel

It is a WW1 mod using the domination map. Some unit highlights of the map are trenches, 2 different types of artillery, Gas, Conscripts and Stormtruppen. No Mans Land also has 18 new techs in 3 categories: Industry, Naval and Land. Serbia, Arabia and even the Communists are represented, along with the traditional WW1 belligerents. I did the initial placement with an emphasis on choice and there are many good options on opens. I hope this will provide for a variety of gameplay. Gas is a new concept to land warfare by having a produce-able suicide land unit and brings a warfare style unique to WW1. With there being no initial Entente destroyers present, the battle of the Atlantic is sure to last at least a couple of rounds.

I have been playtesting for the last month with the current Domination crew. I have had 3 games past round 12, and about 4 to round 5. I have also calced to the best of my ability various round 3-4 rushes such as Paris, Rome or Moscow. They are stoppable but its not always easy. It seems decently balanced, and all players that have gotten into it have enjoyed it and were willing to continue 2-3 days in a row sometimes. The techs are strong, but its designed that almost all nations get at least a couple. I have not found any to be particularly game breaking.

What I really need now is to do some more intensive playtesting and get more players trying it. I recognize the unit images could be better and if anyone wants to help me out there it would be much appreciated. I think the best way for me to get more playtesters would be to have it hosted to the depot. I hope to have a fully finished and playtested version by August for the 100 anniversary of start of WW1.

I understand there are some historical inconsistencies, like French Tobruk, Neutral Romania, stronger than was German pacific presence, but I think this all adds to the fun and balance. French tobruk allows for France to be at Gallipoli which I think is more fun and historical than it matters if Tobruk is blue. Neutral Romania adds balance for Serbia front and nice little separator from that front and Russia. Beside, most of fighting occurred on Romanian soil anyway. Strong German colonies add to fun and the feel it is a world wide conflict. German African troops fought the entire war and tied down something like 100 000 UK troops in Africa.

One other thing I would like to look at again is the placement picker. I did the autopicker, then custom did some on western front and the circle ters. However, I experiments with relief artwork and was placing around them. I went back and replaced but may have a different feel than the autopicker. I will study how games evolve and look to have the least amount of unit image overlap as possible.

It would be really sweet if I could get this map hosted on the depot. I promise to keep the updates to a minimum. Hopefully not another until august while I recruit and playtest. Any suggestions on how to organize a playtest would be appreciated.

Thanks, I hope to hear your decision soon. Would be awesome if I could get it up for the weekend.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Pulicat
Domination 1914 1.0 is uploaded as of today.
how now brown cow?

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Rolf Larsson
currently not able to update/upload stuff, can you - Veq or Puli - update Tww xml please.

Total_World_War_Dec1941.xml
version: 2.7.7.2, thx.
We now have custom dice!

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Prussia
Hi,

Big World 2 version 6.1 is released. Download link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?2yn88iugirn86pc

Thanks!

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

alkexr
Large Middle Earth - Third Age All Stars
https://www.sendspace.com/file/1ru7pa

"A game about a war in Tolkien's Middle Earth where the mightiest realms of the Third Age fight for the victory in the struggle between Good and Evil.

The game features
- a large map with hundreds of territories and many factions
- different territory effects with major impact on battles
- various unit abilities: there is more difference between units than just attack/defense/movement stats
- Free For All game option

Read game notes before playing, unless you want to have your strongest units killed by some unexpected enemy ability.

Version 1.0
Last update 2014.12.29. for engine 1.8.0.3"
Have you played any of my maps? Share your opinion!
Large Middle Earth
Russian Civil War

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Prussia

Big World 2 version 6.1.2 is released. Download link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?aw5g6z5j9vbw68t

Thanks!

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

request to upload Rome Total War v1.0.1

https://www.mediafire.com/?x6dp5i9v6lr337t

thanks

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

demagogue
By popular demand, I'm requesting an upload of the latest version of "Cold War Asia (1948)" to the repository if it meets your standards.

1.
 https://www.sendspace.com/file/778x7n

2.

3.

Cold War Asia (1948) covers three interconnected civil wars between pro-democracy and pro-communist forces following the end of WWII, circa 1947-1948 and extending past 1950 -- the Chinese Revolution, the Korean War, and the First Indochina War. Victory Condition: An alliance occupies 10 of the 11 Victory Cities.

A second alt-history variant adds a hypothetical where the US did not drop nuclear weapons on Japan in 1945 and Japan was occupied by the US and USSR following WWII. This variant covers four interconnected civil wars, the three mentioned above plus an alt-history Japan civil war. Victory Condition: An alliance occupies 15 of the 16 Victory Cities.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

still hoping that my 1 month old request will be uploaded

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
dl appeared not working, updated while at it to v 1.0.2

updated to V 1.0.2

changelog v 1.0.2
added 1 velites to all roman territorys
deleted city in Castulo (gaul)
reduced Jerusalem to 8 production
Egypt starting income adjusted accordingly
added archer to Lilybaeum (cartage)

https://www.mediafire.com/?8r1d25lv0vdr6uy

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

@ice - I assume that you tested the map. Rome Total War has been uploaded. Please take a look and let me know if there are any issues.

I didn't add it to any of the download categories that appear in TripleA -> 'Download Maps'. If you want it added to that then I need the following (most described in the initial post of this thread):
1. Image of map
2. Description of map
3. Which category you'd like it to appear
4. Confirmation that its been thoroughly tested

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
oh great so you have received the acces codes from veqryn then?

Rome Total War v 1.0.2

https://www.mediafire.com/?8r1d25lv0vdr6uy

This map simulates the expansion of the roman empire unlike 270 BC ROME WILL GROW LARGE HERE

category: other maps experimental, hope to get it ready for quality maps though. but not yet

It has been tested many times by myself, also a few lobby games by other players have been played, and they reported no bugs or errors when i asked them about it

hope this is all u need

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

@ice - Yeah, I got access about a month ago so that I could frequently update the pre-release jar for the new AI updates. I added your map to 'other maps experimental'. Let me know if there are any issues.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

ice
thanks, looks good!

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

In TripleA the default for naval bombard is currently set as the casualties being unable to return fire.
Currently the V1 map has the default casualties from bombard not able to return fire.
Either change the default in the engine or change the property for the V1 map.
Of course, all maps using no properties, maybe because they are meant to work by V1 rules, currently are unable to return fire, as well (for example, the Games of Thrones map).
So, changing the default for the engine may damage playtested maps (but not those with the property specified in the XML), but not changing it may left them damaged (as I think it is the case for GoT).
Since that property does the opposite of what it says, I suggest not even having it optionally settable in the V1 map. I've asked around to some V1 veterans and seems that noone really cares about having that option, anyway.

My suggestion is to change the default for the engine of "Naval Bombard Casualties Return Fire Restricted" from false to true (which means false, since it does the opposite of what it says) and remove that option from the XML of the V1 map (or changing it, as well, and making it not editable).

Cheers

p.s.: I assume you don't need proof about the fact that in V1 casualties from naval bombard are able to return fire (unable is V2 only).

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

@Zim Xero - do you think you can review demagogue's map? http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Post-here-to-request-having-your-map-on-the-Map-Repository-uploaded-or-updated-tp7058428p7586423.html

Then either upload it or let me know and I'll upload it.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Zim Xero
Will do... have a chance to look at it and play test tomorrow(Sunday).

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Ok folks … here are my two Star Wars maps. I have playtested them a lot on my own, with 3 friends and with the AI vs AI. I think they are ready for release. I hope you like them, even though they do not fall under the normal standard A&A category. Tell me if there are some last minute changes that needs to be done!

I have zipped the maps (and removed any thumb.dbs there were) but I don’t know if they work when zipped. I have only played them while in folders under users/name/triplea/maps. The maps have custom sounds and also picture files under doc/images folders … if this has anything to say or affects the maps when zipped? Please tell me if you cannot download from my dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91867373/StarWarsGalacticWar.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91867373/StarWarsTatooineWar.zip

Maps Info:
These maps are set in the Star Wars universe – A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Some years after the death of Emperor Palpatine and after the rise of the New Republic, a new civil war breaks out. Now 8 Star Wars universe factions will battle for control over the entire galaxy (Galactic War map) and in the midst of that also the planet Tatooine (Tatooine War map).

All 8 factions have different unit types and starting conditions, therefore they must rely on different tactics to prevail. Both maps have neutrals, pirates, local forces and other hazards that can obstruct the battle plans of the factions. (These are not meant to be played. They are meant to be under AI control.)
Galactic War and Tatooine War are 4v4 maps. However, both maps also have a 4 teams of 2 and a Free-for-all version.
1 ... 3456789 ... 13