Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Locked 255 messages Options

Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository uploaded or updated

Hi all map makers,

Please make a post here (reply to this thread) if you want you map to be uploaded and available on the Map Repository.

The map repository can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripleamaps/
And people normally use this link to download their maps: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/tripleamaps/triplea_maps.xml

The following people have access to upload your maps onto the Repository:
Veqryn
Pulicat
Rolf

Requirements for us to upload your map:

1. Please host your map somewhere.  Host in a couple locations if you can, since I am blocked from several hosting websites.

2. Provide a 400 pixel wide png picture of your map (use export screenshot).  Also provide a paragraph description about your map.

3. Make sure your map actually works.  Please PLAYTEST your map for a week or more before you ask for it to be uploaded.  People will be more interested in your map if it is good from the start.  A bad map can leave a bad impression, even if it gets fixed later.  Also, No copyrighted or offensive material Please.

4. All maps made for TripleA version 1.5 and later require this near the top of the XML:
                <triplea minimumVersion="1.5"/>
(obviously use the latest version here... so if the latest is version 1.6.2, then use 1.6.2 instead of 1.5)

thanks,
Veqryn

ps: Please keep this thread free from spam.  Do not post unless you are the map maker, and only post about the uploading of maps.

pps: Please upload your maps to Send Space: http://www.sendspace.com/

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

OgreMkV
Cybertank 2.0 is ready to go.

This is more of a tactical level game played on a hex map instead of a global game.

Link to the game: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29445920/Cybertank.zip

Link to small version of map: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/29445920/Cybertank%20Small.jpg

Enjoy.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

Penguins
NWO_Eastern_Front Game

I think the scenerio is ready for download. Thanks.

http://freedrive.com/file/1584124

"In everything, and especially in warfare, great is the power of fortune."      Julius Caesar

Gallic War Book VI

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

Hi Penguins,

Your map is a double folder, so people can't play it without extracting it.

Also, I would prefer if NWO mods were made in the same fashion as the current NWO mods.
The current NWO mods use the "new_world_order" that comes with triplea as their map base, and therefore all the NWO mods are just XMLs without a map zip behind them.

I realize yours can not work that way because you need "Cavalry".  I can add that image to triplea for you.

However, the Halftrack you have in your game already exists in the NWO folder as "Mech.Inf"
Could you please change your Halftrack to Mech.Inf?

Also, you game has no game notes at all.  Please create game notes.

And it would be a good idea spending more time balancing it before having it uploaded.

edit: there are also some very basic mistakes in the xml, like cavalry having a transportation cost of 12, etc.

edit2: and your units names randomly switch between upcase and lower case in the unit folders, and it doesn't match the xml.

please re-read through your xml, and fix everything.  compare to the nwo xml to see what you have done wrong.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

Penguins
OK, I will try, it may take some time but I can work on it for you. Thanks.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

Eschelon
3rd Century BCE Wars is about as ready as it will ever be for submission.  I've posted a thread up for the release version here:

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/3rd-Century-BCE-Wars-a-270-BC-Mod-Release-Thread-td7449378.html

File is at the bottom of the post in the above thread, link to file here:
http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/file/n7449378/3rdCentury_BCE_Wars.zip

Thanks,
Eschelon

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

Pacific Theater 1.5 Solo Challenge is ready for upload to repository.
GAME LINK:  http://www.mediafire.com/?474idm93rwqai3d

Pacific_Theater - Solo Challenge by Zim Xero for TripleA 1.5.2.1 is a 100% bug-free single player variant of the WW2 Pacific conflict using a modded map created by Triple_Elk, iron__cross, and ComradeKev.  This map features an alternate system of technology, unique units, events, and strategic depth.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

Prussia
Please update big world 2 map in the download section. The link is found on my thread, page 1.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

Hobbes__
Hey Veqryn,

Here's v5. I has been tested with at least 10 games played by myself.

World_War_II_v5.zip

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

i'll have a look at the map, and also go over the xml to make sure there are no mistakes
we need to make relief tiles as well..

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

Hobbes__
Do you have the original artwork used for the relief tiles of v4? Easier than to start from scratch and maybe I can try to adapt it.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

hepster
You could just copy it from the original, could you not?

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

over all the XML looks quite good.

there were a couple missing or incorrect settings, but nothing major.  I've fixed them.

for the map zip, I noticed a few things wrong.

First, the Place.txt was done wrong, resulting in units being jumbled together.  I reran the auto picker then added some custom placements.

The territory borders seem to randomly change from 1px thickness to 3 pixel thickness, though most often they are 2px thickness.  the result looks weird.
I went in and changed the pixel thickness by hand for several territories so it wouldn't look so bad.

Lastly, the polygon file has the Sea Zones with little connecting lines.  This is ugly.  I had to redo the polygons file to get rid of them.

also corrected some "centers" that were not even close to the center.

after all of this was done, I created the relief tiles for it.

I changed the name so that people know what map they are downloading (honestly i hate the vSomething convention)

if you plan to do any further updating, please use the one I've just uploaded, because there is not a single file that I did not touch or update in some way.

thanks a ton for making this, you save me a lot of time!
and good job too

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

hobbes, you need to do the following things still for v5

1. pu_place.txt

I've already "created" this for you, and populated it with the coordinates of your centers.txt file.

However, if you look at the map, you'll see that the PU markers are still all over the damn place.

This will take some time, maybe 30 - 60 minutes, but you need to go in and edit the coordinates so that the PUs appear somewhat in the middle of territories.

2. decorations.txt  +  sea zone number

Basically grab the coordinates for the lower left or upper right of each sea zone, and make sure the decorations.txt has those coordinates for each sea zone marker.
(example in ww2v3 or ww2v4)

3. decorations.txt  +  territory names
Basically you must make each territory name with some semi-transparent font.
Then put it in the "misc" folder.
The use decorations.txt to put it on the map in each territory.
(And also make sure that it doesn't overlap the PU marker)

examples of how to do all 3 are in ww2v3, ww2v4, and global

thx dude,

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

Hobbes__
OK, I'll work on those, thanks for the relief tiles!:)

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

I'm not sure how bung did it for global, or how jason/whoever did it for ww2v3.
But he managed to get it so that the PU symbol was the same distance above the territory name every time, and approximately in the middle of the territory name as well.
The result looks really professional.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

RogerCooper
I redid the Iron Blitz expansion pack for TripleA. This should meet all the coding requirements. The file is available at http://www.rogercooper.com/Iron_Blitz.zip.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

iron blitz is already included with the "classic" (world war II classic) map

how is this one any different?

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

RogerCooper
This includes the alternate history scenarios as well as the commonly-played options.

Re: Post here to request having your map on the Map Repository

please cleanup the game notes (like the [br] that i see), and remove references to other companies