Political Action, costPU and other resources

Political Action, costPU and other resources

Frostion
What is the best way to make a political action XML code, if it is supposed to cost PUs plus something else? I mean if it is supposed to cost 10 PUs and 1 Steel resource to do the political action?

Bellow I have posted a set of conditions and triggers that gives player “Slovakia” 10 PUs when players “Germany” aids them via political action. But I want the transaction to also include like 1 steel resource.

AND I also want to make it happen ONLY if Germany has this 1 steel resource in the bank to spare. I assume that I could make some triggers that would take 1 Steel away from player germany after he does the political action by adding a “-1 Steel resource/resourceCount” trigger. But then I think there is a problem. Germany can pres and do that political action without Germany holding the 1 Steel in bank, and the trigger would try to remove the 1 steel and not find any.

Is there a solution?

<attachment name="conditionAttachment_Slovakia_receives_financial_support" attachTo="Slovakia" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attachments.RulesAttachment" type="player">
    <option name="switch" value="true"/>
</attachment>

<attachment name="triggerAttachment_Slovakia_receives_financial_support" attachTo="Slovakia" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attachments.TriggerAttachment" type="player">
    <option name="resource" value="PUs"/>
    <option name="resourceCount" value="10"/>
    <option name="players" value="Slovakia"/>
</attachment>

<attachment name="userActionAttachment_1_Slovakia_receives_financial_support" attachTo="Germany" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attachments.UserActionAttachment" type="player">
    <option name="conditions" value="conditionAttachment_Slovakia_receives_financial_support"/>
    <option name="activateTrigger" value="triggerAttachment_Slovakia_receives_financial_support:1:false:false:false:false"/>
    <option name="activateTrigger" value="triggerAttachment_Slovakia_receives_financial_support-2:1:false:false:false:false"/>
    <option name="text" value="Germany_Slovakia_10_PUs"/>
    <option name="costPU" value="10"/>
    <option name="attemptsPerTurn" value="1"/>
</attachment>

Re: Political Action, costPU and other resources

crazy_german
Mechanically, I don't think its possible.

My first thought is that, can you time the action so that Germany will almost certainly have steel when you do the actions? If the actions come after germany gets its income but before it purchases units, the only situation Germany could have 0 steel for the action would be if it had 0 steel income (which I'm guessing would mean that the axis has already lost?)

I'm guessing Germany can give this support to more than 1 nation though? You could limit germany to just a few actions per turn I guess