Pact of Steel v3

Batman6794
Hello all,
      I'm a huge POS fan, and recently have been addicted to POS China Added. I don't know who created it but props to them. In my opinion, its even more balanced than POS (Only game I know to pull that off), and certainly more fun because it makes the pacific a viable battle ground, all from a very tiny change.
       Anyway, I've used this as a base to update POS to the v3 rules. (I've also made the original china version playable for the newest triple a version.) I've contacted the supply depot about adding the new files to the POS download, but feel free to email me if you want the zip now. (afsmithphoto@yahoo.com) Questions and comments are welcome. -Adam

Re: Pact of Steel v3

ubernaut
so then what exactly is the difference? is your mod essentially the same thing as v3 played on a v4 map?

Re: Pact of Steel v3

Batman6794
It is similiar to the v4 map (Which is identical to revised, which POS was based on) but has a few additional territories, one additional sea zone and altered PUs values for SEVERAL territories. All of these changes were made in the original POS and created a FAR better balance than the original revised edition.
In the china added version, the three us territories in china, and the units associated, become chinese. China gets a factory in sinkaing with an AA gun, and sinkiang and central us each go up by one IPC over standard POS.
My changes to the china game, updates it to the new rules introduced by v3. (This includes new unit pirces as well.) The only other changes I made were deciding which starting destroyers should be upgraded to the new cruiser unit, and adding one destroyer to the US atlantic fleet to compensate for the fact that allied transports can't assist the allied fleets when defending against the luftwaffe.

Re: Pact of Steel v3

ubernaut
ok gotcha. thanks for clarifying.

Re: Pact of Steel v3

Navalland
I have been playing pact of steel by myself I completed 5 game and 5 Axis victory so v3 rules are probably serving to Axis and Axis has advantage at the map under v3 rules.