PBEM Help???

Jeff
Can someone explain to me how PBEM works? My friend and I set up accounts and all we get are a bunch of dice roll outcomes clogging up our email. How do we turn that into a back and forth axis and allies game?

Thanks.

Re: PBEM Help???

medwards
same problem here, did you get a sollution?

Re: PBEM Help???

Swobo
ok, so when you start a pbem game you and your opponent need to both register your emails for the dice server over at www.tripleawarclub.org

at the warclub they have a pbem guide that takes you through all the steps too.

once you are registered you start a pbem game, and enter your opponents email and your email in the appropriate slots, that way you can verify dice rolls.  at the end of your turn save the game and email the saved game file to your opponent, they start a pbem game, then load the saved game file and there you go

Re: PBEM Help???

diffsky
When I first started playing the game a couple of years ago I set up a PBEM with my brother. Cue the flood of dice roll emails. We decided to just email each other the save game file and play each turn locally. That means there's no dice verification, but we both trust each other and just want to have a good game. Myabe that's a (low tech) option?
My tripleA stats over at http://staaats.info