Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Pulicat
I am in the process of organizing and cataloguing every single piece of unit graphic artwork from every TripleA map since the beginning of time. When I am done, this library will be available in the tripleamaps sourceforge repository in the form of a downloadable complete zip, and also (hopefully) in a searchable, navigable web interface database. My goal is to collect the pngs and where possible, the original size photoshop documents.

What this means for people who have made unit graphics in the past (mod makers and developers alike):

Please please please send me ALL the original size photoshop files for unit graphics that you have (if you still have them). If you can, tell me what maps they are for to save me time.

What this means for people who will be making unit art in the future:

I am making the catalogue from all the maps available in the tripleamaps repository as of November 2011. If you are making any unit graphics from this point forward,

including updates/edits of pre-existing unit graphics,

 please send them to me along with your original size photoshop documents.

All files will be accepted as attachments sent to:
pulicat 01
at
gmail dot com (no spaces)

Thanks,

Pulicat
how now brown cow?

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Pulicat
reserved
how now brown cow?

reserved
how now brown cow?

reserved
how now brown cow?

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Pulicat
Can anyone tell me which historical models were the basis of these default units? I'm trying to separate the WW2 unit graphics between units that are unique for that country (for instance, the Russian tank is a T34) and units that merely happen to be coloured for that country (for instance the "Australian" fighter is simply a British Spitfire coloured the Aussie brown).

French
infantry  halftrack  fighter  bomber  artillery  armour

Italian
halftrack  armour

puppet states
infantry  halftrack  fighter  bomber

Japanese
halftrack

Australians
armour

Chinese
infantry (i recognize this as inf from NWO, but what is it actually?)  marine  another infantry  halftrack (is this image ultimately Chinese or American?)  armour

Neutrals

Thanks,

puli
how now brown cow?

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Pulicat
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
how now brown cow?

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

hepster
I believe the first Chinese infantry is actually an American infantry.

The Chinese half track is definitely American.  Either a M2 or M3.

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Pulicat is there a specific format you want the unit graphics in?  I have saved almost everything as .PNG files.  All the rest of everything I have saved is still in paint.NET format (.pdn)

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

hepster
Many of the units I've designed or made modifications to are listed in

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/A-few-scratches-I-was-putting-together-td5804645.html

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Pulicat
Thanks for the link hep! Paint.net format is fine, since it's a free program we all have access too. The idea is to preserve as much information as possible.

thnx,
-- puli
how now brown cow?

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Eschelon
Hey Puli, feel free to add this one to your library.

VC Castle png

I may still use it for my map, but I'm probably going to replace it with some sort of Temple Icon.  Anyone else that likes it is free to put it to good use.

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Eschelon
This post was updated on .
In honor of today.

My take on the Hiryu...
Hiryu

Yamato

Yamato

SB Yamato (just because)

SB Yamato

Edit: More stuff -

Spartan Hoplite

Spartan Hoplite

Another unit to go along with the Macedonian Hypaspist I made before

Macedonian Hypaspist

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Cleisthenis
Was this ever made available?

Re: Official TripleA Unit Graphics Catalogue

Joe Pants
I second Cleisthenis' request. Was anything ever done with this?

I would like to throw my additions into the ring:

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/New-Artillery-Images-td7472045.html

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/New-Tank-Images-td7444609.html

Sorry to have taken a few months off - that's what happens with an 11-month old!