Quantcast

Not Loading Images

RogerCooper
I have converting a scenario I was working on over to Version 1.9. I have the images in folder within my zip file of the scenario. When loading I receive the following error:

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.9
MISSING IMAGE (this unit or image will be invisible): UnitType{name=armour_br}
etc.

It seems to be only looking in the general assets folder and the units folder for the master. Is there a way I can get it to look in the zip file's units folder? I know I can resolve this by creating my own master, but there should be another solution. I should not need to create master just to add unit images.

Re: Not Loading Images

aaalafayette
Administrator
The message indicates the game is looking at both:

C:\Users\Judy\triplea\downloadedMaps\world_war_ii_v3-master.zip

and

C:\Program Files\TripleA_1.9.0.0.3266\assets

Is that actually not the case? Does the C:\Users\Judy\triplea\downloadedMaps\world_war_ii_v3-master.zip have a 'armour_br' file?

Re: Not Loading Images

RogerCooper
"armour_br" is not in the master.zip file or the general assets file. It is in the units folder for scenario I am running. This worked fine in version 1.8.

Images

I know it doesn't help, but I have worked on 1.9 map in development with both the map files in a dir, and that worked, and the files in a zip (with the same name), that also worked. I did not have to build the master zip file structure and run the map that way. I was actually surprised that I could still do this after version 1.9 :-)

Re: Not Loading Images

Just delete the master, then. There is not a way to choose whether to look at a master or a not master, and it is good there isn't and both are supported (not obliging mapmakers to mimic masters to test). You are supposed not having both a master and a not master of the same thing, but the master gets precedence, just as you are and were not supposed to have a zip and not-zip of the same thing. It's more or less the same old story has having both a zip and a folder of the same map or having a same map both in user and in main installation. Just right click delete the master or, preferably, rename the map you are working on to something else, which you should anyway, if that is meant to be a skin-too change you don't intend to ask to be the new version of the original map.
Where the xml is located doesn't matter and never did.
Hope this helps, and please correct me if stuff is intended otherwise than I surmise.

Re: Not Loading Images

RogerCooper
This is not exactly the same as having a master and a not-master of the same thing. I am trying to use a master but add some new unit types. The logic behind using master files was not needing to duplicate anything. But it seems the only solution is to make a stand-alone files, duplicating all the map tiles. I can do that, but there should be a better solution.