Newbie help - How to set certain victory conditions in a custom map

Newbie help - How to set certain victory conditions in a custom map

Musicrafter
I'm a newbie to the map creating business but I was able to use the Map Creator to create some nice maps. I've made a Civil War map and an American Revolution map. I'm pretty confident I've gotten the balance right and the play works out, but there's one thing I need that is pretty important but I don't know how to do: set the right victory conditions.

In the Civil War map, the Union obviously entirely overpowers the Confederacy. Starting ratios on almost everything are about 5:3. The Confederacy usually can survive 20 turns, and it takes about 40-50 for Total Victory on the Union side. (The Confederacy actually did beat the Union once, but so far the victory ratio is 7:1 because it takes insane luck. This was back when I had only Total Victory as the victory condition.)

I need a victory condition that says "If after turn X is over, and the Confederacy still holds territories a, b, c, d, and e, the Confederacy wins." I also need a condition saying "If after turn Y is over and the Union does NOT hold territories f, g, h, i, and j, the Confederacy wins." The Union will need Total Victory to win -- I think there is an option for that already that I can just copy-paste in from somewhere else. The players in this map are the Union, the Confederacy, and a dummy neutral called Other.

As far as the American Revolution map, I need a similar victory condition: "If after turn X is over, and the Colonies still hold territories a, b, and c, the Revolutionaries alliance wins." And the same for Britain -- "If after turn Y is over and Britain does NOT hold territories d, e, and f, the Revolutionaries alliance wins." Britain will need Total Victory to win. The players here are a Revolutionaries alliance of Colonies and France, versus two separate powers, Britain and Natives.

I'm not particularly interested in technologies at the moment, but I don't know how to do that either, should I want to include them. I'll ask sometime later how to incorporate specific techs.

Thanks in advance for help. I'll post the maps when they're complete.

Re: Newbie help - How to set certain victory conditions in a custom map

RogerCooper
Look in the Pact of Steel 2 scenario under "Victory Triggers". Basically, you can trigger victory just like you can trigger anything else. The xml code for Pact of Steel 2 contains documentation for the game with examples.

Don't forget to set "Use Triggers" to true.

Re: Newbie help - How to set certain victory conditions in a custom map

Sounds like interesting maps  I hope you got the victory conditions working?