New World Order Strategy Article

rockrobinoff
I am very new to NWO, and am in the middle of my second game now.

Was hoping there might be some strategical resources out there other than the few hints provided in the notes. While it is fun to discover things by yourself, it is also an enormous task to play a game of NWO, so I would like to prepare myself a bit better.

Are the NWO vets playing their cards close to their chest? The Anniversary/Revised/Classic guys love sharing their strats.

Re: New World Order Strategy Article

Gneis
Well coward Rocky, I sugegst you join the NWO forums there you will encounter tactis such as the famous paris 2 turn rush and so on...

Tactics depends on players for example:

Coward axis says I am Admiral T boat cause I love buying them (primary with Allies, specific with UK)

¿Why I do that? they are a cheap unit that serves to block the sea in Crete slowing Italian advance over Turkey, and can counter attack a plane attack (hitting at one though but better that no hitting like subs)

Also you must see the faces of the other cowards when a T Boat Strikes his lovely plane, last game in six attacks my T Boats crash 4 planes! Awesome!

Another advantage is that is a cheap unit that take hits saving the giant and must precious ships like the Cruisers, Carriers and Battleships...

Yes, they are limited to advance one space, but since my UK strategy there is defensive it works very well and in case Italian move his navy to Crete, I have cheap units that attack at 2! (same as a sub without its first strike though)

Buying T boats there allow me to buy some planes in Iraq for example to support navy, and also a Factory in Saudi Arabia that let me send ground units to Cairo....

Coward Axisgeneral likes to leave Tabriz for Colonial French control instead of USSR so later they buy a Factory there that send Trucks to help Ussr defense (I like that choice)

I have another tactic concerning UK there but I tell about it in my next post and also my USA tactics...

Meanwhile I can tell you that coward Brutus (or like I say to him Bruto) love buying cruisers with USA so he can tranport units to Africa supporting them with coastal bombarment (for another example of tactics)

Re: New World Order Strategy Article

rockrobinoff
Many thanks coward Gneis.

Where are the NWO forums?

Re: New World Order Strategy Article

FireZealot
??? I'd like a link to the forums too
To the meaningless French idealisms: Liberty, Equality and Fraternity, we oppose the three German realities: Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery - Prince Bernhard von Bülow

Re: New World Order Strategy Article

grizzly
http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/

theres a few here

i take n.n(north norway) with finns on round 1. creates a path for fighters from bremen to north finland and any allied fleet that goes near scandanavia is thrashed.
if you plan to attack navies with just planes (common for germany) build lots of early fighters because they are fodder :)
Just my 2 cents...

Re: New World Order Strategy Article

pug6000
There have also been several ideas in this thread:

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/NEW-WORLD-ORDER-td2187321i240.html

Pug