New Tank Images

Joe Pants
Just messing around. If you like 'em, use em!

Still looking for a good tank to use for the Neutrals - suggestions? A Swedish or Swiss model?

Thanks to Hepster and Veqryn for all the help!

 America - M4 Sherman

 ANZAC/Australia - Sentinel AC4

 Balkan States - CKD V8H

 British - Cromwell A27M

 Canada - RAM Mk IV

 Chinese - T-26

 Danish - FT-17/18

 Dutch / Low Countries - M3

 Egypt - M3 Grant

 Finland - T-26E

 France - Char B1

 Germans - Panzer IV

 Iraq - 7TP

 Italy - Carro Armato M13/40

 Japan - Type 97 Chi Ha

 Poland - 7TP

 Romania - R35

 Russia - T34

 Thailand - Type 95 Ha Go

Let me know if you have any questions!

Re: New Tank Images

Penguins
Not bad. Can you make new Artillery units?

Re: New Tank Images

Joe Pants
I can sure try!

Re: New Tank Images

hepster
Joe,  I really like some of the images.  However you may want to lower the difference between the light and dark area's.  Just to bring them more in line with the existing units, unless it is your intention to re-do everything.

Looks good though.  I'd probably want to get that Finnish  T26 tank image off you to re-work for myself. ;)

Re: New Tank Images

Joe Pants
Thanks Hep! Yeah, some of them were a little dark. I lightened up a few:

Finland:

And here's the original on the Finnish T26E:

Re: New Tank Images

hepster
Thanks for postingthe original Joe.  I appreciate it.

Just as a bit of a further suggestion to you as per what I mentioned before...

the units will pop a little more if you reduce the radius of the "shadow glow" around the units and focus on making the outline itself a little darker.

I took the Thai tank you have done just as an example...

before

after

I simply erased some of the overall shadow and then deepened the line around the unit and added a little actual shadow under the tank.

Bear in mind this was a just quick mock-up for illustration purposes.

Also please understand I am just making suggestions.  This is not meant as criticism.  I am only trying to make suggestions that will allow you to implement these next to existing units and have them look similar.

Re: New Tank Images

Joe Pants
Hep, keep the suggestions coming - the closer I can get to the existing unit base, the better!

I took your suggestion and reduced the shadow glow from 3 to 1.5 pixels. I also improved the outline - it took about 15 layers in Photoshop but I think I'm getting close. Here's a new Finnish artillery piece, the 152 mm howitzer Model 1910 Schneider, which saw action in the Winter War:

Re: New Tank Images

hepster
Good times.

If you get it to where you think its close in 15 layers,  keep that open and then take the original and try to play with the blur radius (around 1 -2 is good for me) and transparancy.

You should be able to get that down to 2 duplication layers.

Also each time you test a finish method, use the print screen button on your keyboard to capture the screen while the pop up window for the setting is open.  Paste that into a new image.  That way you don't have to remember what your setting were.  You can keep that for reference.  Then you can re-use the same settings for every unit all the time.

If you're not following what I'm saying let me know and I'll make up a visual example.

Keep going your improving at an incredible rate.