New Map Editor Beta

lowet84
For the past months I have been working on creating a new map editor that can handle all of the settings in the games Xml file.
Right now it's missing the map component and it still has quite a lot of issues that needs to be finished.

What it can do however is import, export and edit the games xml files from existing maps and manage and change it's settings.

I hope this editor can be useful to anyone and I will add the map editor part as soon as it is finished. I have previously made a crude map editor that I intend to steal most features from to complete the map part.

This is what the editor looks like

This is what the map component might look like when it it done as well

The editor can be downloaded from here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6811740/Triplea/TripleAMapEditorV3.exe

If anyone wants the c# source code then i can publish that as well.

Re: New Map Editor Beta

is this coded in Java?

please say yes...

edit:
I see you say it was coded in C#

I guess that means only Windows computer can run it.
Still, the language is similar to Java, so can you send me the source code anyway?

And lastly, there is absolutely no reason to code the "map" portion, because triplea already has a "map creator" for the map portion.  The only thing not included with triplea is the "xml" part, which is the part you've done.
I assume you've tried the triplea map creator before?  (it is located in "engine preferences" once you start triplea)

Re: New Map Editor Beta

lowet84
I have tried the map creator on a few occations before and i used that as a reference for the features that i put into mine.

If you want you can get the source code from
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6811740/Triplea/Source.zip

Re: New Map Editor Beta

now for the big question:  would you be willing to port this into Java code?

if so, it could be included with triplea (and also it could be run on non-windows machines)

Re: New Map Editor Beta

I would be happy to see an improved map editor. The map editor that comes with TripleA is hard to use, while Wisconsin's editor is buggy.

Re: New Map Editor Beta

any improvements to the map creator, should be done to the utilities that come with triplea
why duplicate the effort to create 2 different map creators?  especially since the new one would neither be part of triplea, nor could non-windows run it.

Re: New Map Editor Beta

lowet84
Sorry about my choice of platform. It's the one i use at work so I used this project as an opportunity to practice creating complete applications using WPP and MVVM. It was never really meant to be released but seeing it was so close to being done I hoped someone could get some use out of it.