Quantcast

New Ladder is launched!

Bung
(this is a duplicate from http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=104)

Hello everyone,

Some of you may have noticed, but for everyone else, I am pleased to announce the launch of the new Revised ladder over at tripleawarclub.org! You will have to be a registered member of the war club to join a ladder, so dont delay! :)

Please use this thread or the original on the war club (above) to notify me of any bugs you encounter, or features you would like to see. It is not 100% perfect, more like 95%, but I was ready to launch because I need to see how people are using it.

Some of the things that differ in the new ladder, and were discussed in the forums are:
- We now use the Elo rating system
- Both games (a match) are now reported at the same time
- Ratings calculations are done when the match is reported
- New rules for editing are included with the popularity of live ladder games in the Lobby

Two things I have left to do are setup the SlowPlay functionality. And there is an invitation system that can allow you to let someone challenge you while your slot is closed.

Thats all for now,
Bung

Re: New Ladder is launched!

Sean Bridges
Administrator
Thanks for all your hard work Bung.

For those who don't know, Bung is responsible for rebuilding/hosting the war club, and hosting/managing the online lobby.

Re: New Ladder is launched!

kerr101
I want to be in the ladder but i know I am not very good does it matter how good you are to be in the ladder?

Re: New Ladder is launched!

Bung
I would generally recommend playing some games on the lobby first. But you can just as well learn on the ladder, although most likely it will be difficult.

Re: New Ladder is launched!

(edit: deleted some posts above which had nothing to do with triplea engine)

Posts not related to the development of the TripleA game engine (ie: coding and map making), should not be posted in this forum.

For anything about playing the game, strategies for games, playing with other people, live games in the lobby, playing in the lobby, lobby rules, or anything going on in the lobby or games, then you need to post that to the warclub, here:

http://www.tripleawarclub.org/modules/newbb/

thanks!
- veqryn