Neutrals not attackable by allies

thevru
Hi there, new here.
I discovered tripleA just few days ago, and is already a drug to me. I liked very much world at war mod, but I find very unrealistic that allies start attacking neutrals all over the world. Is there a way to mod a map and set attacking neutrals impossible for allies? or better just to some countries (I think URSS could be allowed to do it).

thanks in advance

Re: Neutrals not attackable by allies

beelee
Hi thevru

DL pact of steel 2 ( or maybe it comes with triplea by default ? ) and open the POS2 xml inside the games folder. It explains how to mod maps.

Re: Neutrals not attackable by allies

The Western Allies occupied Iceland and Iran. Some scenarios prohibit already attacks on neutrals.

I understand how to make a neutral "impassable". But I think axis should be allowed to invade neutrals (it did it), and so russia (when they shared east europe with germany at the beginning of the war). But I don't understand how to make impassable neutral regions just to the other allies. Any time I play against AI, USA starts invading central and south america, while UK starts invading iran etc.
So what I look for is not for a solution to avoid neutrals to be attacked. I look for a solution to avoid it just from certain countries.

Re: Neutrals not attackable by allies

beelee
WaW doesn't have politics so you would have to add those. Search politics in POS2 and it will show you how to do it. It can be a little confusing at first, but not bad once you get the hang of it. There's a fair amount to add, but should be doable.

Basically there are 3 relationships: war, allied and neutral. Obviously you would want Russia and neutrals to have a war relationship while the allies had a neutral one. RelationshipInitialize is where you determine what the countries starting status is in relation to others. You can then use conditions and triggers to change those relationships during the game.

Re: Neutrals not attackable by allies

RogerCooper
You can use the "movementRestrictionTerritories" option for the player attachment. You could then have it lifted if the Axis takes the territory.

Unfortunately, this is a bit awkward to do in TripleA regardless. There should be a can't attack neutrals option in the player attachment. You might want to post this to enhancements area, it would not hard to implement.

Re: Neutrals not attackable by allies

"neutrals" in the map making definition of a unit that has no owner at all, have relatively simple rules.
Either the territory can not be entered into by any player, OR they are attackable by everyone.
This should stay the way it currently is.

If you want more complex rules than that, then you need to make the "neutral" territory/territories into real player(s), albeit players that do not have any turns or phases/delegates.  You can then give them political relationships in order to simulate the exact situation of who can walk into / attack / do-whatever with them.