Need Help for error

Graziani
Hi all!

I'm making a new version of the map Ultimate World, and i changed some units.

But when Il aunched the game, i've got this:

Could not parse:H:\Juegos\TripleA\triplea_1_2_5_4\maps\Ultimate_World\games\1939_prep.xml
games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: Invalid Unit Attatchment blitz:false bombard:false aa:false air:false factory:false sea:false strategicBomber:false sub:false attack:0 carrierCapactity:-1 carrierCost:-1 defense:1 movement:4 transportCapacity:5 transportCost:-1 destroyer:false

Usually I solve my errors without problems but this one i do not understand...

Sorry for my english and thank you for help^^

Graziani

Re: Need Help for error

Wisconsin
Perhaps the -1 values are causing the errors.

Try changing every -1 to 0 in the map xml file. (H:\Juegos\TripleA\triplea_1_2_5_4\maps\Ultimate_World\games\1939_prep.xml)

-Wisconsin

Re: Need Help for error

Graziani
 Invalid Unit Attatchment blitz:false bombard:false aa:false air:false factory:false sea:false strategicBomber:false sub:false attack:0 carrierCapactity:-1 carrierCost:-1 defense:1 movement:4 transportCapacity:5 transportCost:-1 destroyer:false

I tried but nothing changed... Morever, the error said that rules are invalid (blitz, bombar, sea ???) I add these rules to bombers, sub etc !!

Here are some units i added or modified in the game file :
Are they valid for Triple A ? I don't see errors...
Thanks for helping me

<attatchment name="unitAttatchment" attatchTo="train" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="movement" value="4"/>
<option name="TransportCapacity" value="5"/>
<option name="attack" value="0"/>
<option name="defense" value="1"/>
</attatchment>

<attatchment name="unitAttatchment" attatchTo="bomber" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="movement" value="6"/>
<option name="isAir" value="true"/>
<option name="attack" value="4"/>
<option name="defense" value="1"/>
<option name="isStrategicBomber" value="true"/>
</attatchment>

<attatchment name="unitAttatchment" attatchTo="transport" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="movement" value="2"/>
<option name="isSea" value="true"/>
<option name="TransportCapacity" value="5"/>
<option name="attack" value="0"/>
<option name="defense" value="1"/>
</attatchment>

<attatchment name="unitAttatchment" attatchTo="mobile_artillery" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="movement" value="2"/>
<option name="TransportCost" value="3"/>
<option name="attack" value="3"/>
<option name="defense" value="3"/>
<option name="Artillery" value="true"/>
</attatchment>

<attatchment name="unitAttatchment" attatchTo="escort_carrier" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="CarrierCapacity" value="1"/>
<option name="movement" value="2"/>
<option name="isSea" value="true"/>
<option name="attack" value="1"/>
<option name="defense" value="2"/>
</attatchment>

<attatchment name="unitAttatchment" attatchTo="big_carrier" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="CarrierCapacity" value="3"/>
<option name="movement" value="2"/>
<option name="isSea" value="true"/>
<option name="attack" value="2"/>
<option name="defense" value="4"/>
</attatchment>

<attatchment name="unitAttatchment" attatchTo="armour" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="movement" value="2"/>
<option name="TransportCost" value="3"/>
<option name="canBlitz" value="true"/>
<option name="attack" value="3"/>
<option name="defense" value="3"/>
</attatchment>

Re: Need Help for error

U-boat
actualmente, tu ingles fue muy bueno. El solo razon que supe que no hablaba espanol es que usaste "do not" en vez de "don't".

Re: Need Help for error

Wisconsin
Sorry... At the moment, I really don't have time to find the cause of the error.

You see, I'm working on a project right now, and I haven't had much time for TripleA stuff. If someone else knows how to fix this error, please speak up.

Thanks,
    Wisconsin

Re: Need Help for error

Graziani wrote
Could not parse:H:\Juegos\TripleA\triplea_1_2_5_4\maps\Ultimate_World\games\1939_prep.xml
games.strategy.engine.data.GameParseException: Invalid Unit Attatchment blitz:false bombard:false aa:false air:false factory:false sea:false strategicBomber:false sub:false attack:0 carrierCapactity:-1 carrierCost:-1 defense:1 movement:4 transportCapacity:5 transportCost:-1 destroyer:false
The engine currently won't allow a land unit to have a transportCapacity.  The reason for this is we need to account for loading the transport.  That code isn't written for land transports.  It's possible that we might be able to use the loading routines for airTransports, but it's not tested.

Re: Need Help for error

Graziani
This post was updated on .
Yes, a transport must have the rule isSea, but in the zombieland map there are trucks which are carrying troops, and in the china map there are trains... I don't understand their code...

Graziani