I have checked it a million times and I am sure that there is no mistake. I have turned on the National Objective option and no error box pops out as I start Triplea. Yet the objectives are not functioning at all. I wonder why is it so?
So I don't think there should not be any problem...
ComradeKev: That's exactly what I wanted. Those 2 territories are initially owned by the nation Erathia and I want them to keep both territories to get 5 PUs.
Actually I am making the xml file based on the Napoleonic Empire scenario, which runs alright with the NOs working on my computer. I just changed the names of the countries and territories and stuffs like that for my own map. BTW, is there a bug about amphibious assault in the current version of Triplea? Sometimes units in my map stayed on a contested territory at the end of turn after the amphibious assault.
Unit images are not completely finished and finalized. Other than that, everything else are completed. (Of course the games still cannot run the national objectives and there is the amphibious assault bug) There are 3 xml files and the NOs in every one of them are identical and designed for "Battle_for_Antagarich.xml".
Yeah, I think that's the way to do it. When I was coding it, I was having troubles with the duplicate attachments and so I just incremented them. I meant to go back and resolve the problem, but forgot until after we had released it to the wild. At some point, I might go back and fix it, but not any time soon.
If emailing me at ComradeKev at yahoo.com , please add TripleA to the subject line
The objective names don't need to be exactly incremented, just uniquely identifying. You could have objectiveAttachment1, objectiveAttachment2, and then jump to objectiveAttachment100, objectiveAttachment999, etc.
The problem arises when you have two objectives with the same name but different descriptions, the game engine just choses one to implement and ignores the other.