Map xml questions

Cleisthenis
Hey gang, I'm just curious if anyone knows off hand

A) which are the bits of code that let you keep tech roll dice between rounds if you aren't successful?

and

B) what is the process by which purchased units are kept in reserve until you have enough production/factory space to place/create them?

I'm sure I'll have more questions of the more seasoned modders in this thread, but in the last week I've already learned a bit myself so if anyone has any questions related to the game.xml post them here!

Re: Map xml questions

Zim Xero

B) <property name="Unplaced units live when not placed" value ="true" editable="true">boolean/></property>

C) read the xml for Pact of Steel 2 (included with every tripleA engine).  It contains 99.5% of all possible xml features you can use with complete descriptions.  just search for the key word you want to know about and read every note about it then try it out.  If it doesn't work, then ask.

Re: Map xml questions

Cleisthenis
Thanks Zim! I've actually been using PoS2 as the template to hack my game.xml out of already, but for some reason I couldn't find those two... guess I didn't know what to search for exactly. Cheers!

Re: Map xml questions

Cleisthenis
Here is one that I couldn't find the answer to even after extensive searching.

I've got it setup so that air_transport can fly over neutral territories, and transport units in non-combat phase, but when I try fly over neutrals with units in non-combat phase i get this restriction:

"Cannot move units to neutral or enemy territories in non combat"

How can I disable that?

Re: Map xml questions

eurofabio
You can't.

You are trying to invade an territory:

"Cannot move units to neutral or enemy territories in non combat"

You just can invade from combat move.

Re: Map xml questions

Cleisthenis
There's a logical fallacy to the way that is hard coded. It should be a toggle just like fly over neutrals is. It doesn't make sense that I can airlift units over unoccupied neutral territories in the battle phase but in nonconbat movement it is restricted.

On 2012-12-12, at 7:31 PM, "eurofabio [via tripleadev]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

You can't.

You are trying to invade an territory:

"Cannot move units to neutral or enemy territories in non combat"

You just can invade from combat move.

http://tripleadev.1671093.n2.nabble.com/Map-xml-questions-tp7582101p7582109.html
To unsubscribe from Map xml questions, click here.
NAML