Map in need of a makeover

ice
Every few years or so i do this request so here we go again:

Dear mapmakers, if you are looking for a project we have 1 awesome map that is in dire need of a makeover:

Ultimate World

Why? wel its 1 of the most fun bigmaps we have, and it was played allot in the past so ballance is pretty amazing. unfortunatly people dont look at it because of the oldschool looks of the map and the small size of territorys putting allot of units ontop of eachother.

Wish i could do this, but these are all things beyond my skills.

So if anyone has time for a project, would love to give all my ideas. and maybe we can bring life back to an AAA classic

ideas for improvements:

-Zoom in the map between 150-200%
-mapskin
-connections fix, meaning some connections are difficult to see but to redraw some border lines this could be much better vissible
-update option list with latest features
-some units updated to latest designs
-sz numbers vissible

Re: Map in need of a makeover

HardThunder
ice wrote
[...]

You are talking about a bunch of MOD changes. The Map change would be hard because it would need to be redrawn. Me I would take the current map, and remove all of the land leaving just the boarders and water. Then lay it over a map I like (after making it have the same outline, and size). Then recut the tiles. I have been playing with this and it works out well.
I don't hate you, just the person that plays you in the real world

Re: Map in need of a makeover

ice
yeah im into basic modding, but graphics i know nothing about, and wouldnt know where to start, trust me i have tried

I yust feel that we must take advantage of our already ballanced maps and put these back ontop where they belong.

Im very much aware what it takes to ballance a map, and i honestly beleve we are unable to do this job to any new map/mod with the current community. ... a new engine gets released and noone cares.

To ballance a new map/mod it requires feedback, testing and allot of interested people. wich unfortunatly we do not have enough.

So the community gets 100 maps thrown in there faces of wich 80% is not even ballanced a bit, let alone ballanced to be playable on an experienced level.

Creating a map or mod is allot of work, and its a very ungrateful job, because it gets dropped on the bottom of a list and rarely gets touched.

so again, when people think about making there own map/mod, think about existing works aswel, doesnt have to be ultimate world because i like this map. it can be done with any existing maps.

so take advantage and save urself some time. hope you create something that does get played, and ull get a name for urself. heck if seig would show up today with a new map that wont make any sence, im pretty sure his name alone will get 10 active games imediatly

Re: Map in need of a makeover

HardThunder
OK I am old school and need things in very simple un fluff terms so me simple mind can understand.

Task, condition, and standards.
Task one I take it is to change the look of the map.
OK we / I can do that, with some limitations. Basic is that it will still have to have the outline, and size of the current one in order to work.

Add all the new unit stuff.
Ok that is just some code/script.
A list would be nice.
Change the look of the Units (Game markers whatever) and add those new ones.
OK what would you like them to look like? I posted a great many. We could go with Old standard Nato. And or Veh outlines.

From looking at the game, it looks like it would be a on going project, and I could live with that.
I don't hate you, just the person that plays you in the real world