List of unit properties

Hü
First of all: thanks a lot for the great work you guys did by programming this game and the scenarios!

Together with a friend (DanSlayer, he is around here too) I am working on a Mod of the NWO-Map (http://n2.nabble.com/NWO-Map-searchin-for-original-map-with-borders-tp4147122ef1671093.html). I just red in the new 1.2.5 release thread, and found out in a "1942_big_world.xml" that the paratroopers switch finally is working. In that file I also found unit properties like isMechanized and isMarine. Apart from being able to imagine what these switches do, I wonder if there somewhere is a list of switches and unit properties. It is actually quite hard to search for the possibilities this great game gives you in all the xml-files of different scenarios...

The only website I found which has at least some information is this:

http://axisandallies.wikia.com/wiki/IsAir

But there is e.g. no word about paratroopers...
If anyone could help:PLEASE! We would appreciate this very much!!! Thanks in advance.
P.

Edit: Sorry, found it (an forwarded mail from EB helped). Everything seems to be here:
http://n2.nabble.com/Correct-Properties-list-for-reference-and-Better-XMLs-Please-tp4488213ef1671093.html
:)

Re: List of unit properties

these are the ones known to me
all numbers are EXAMPLE numbers, and probably can be changed
same with the booleans

<option name="attack" value="1"/>
<option name="defense" value="2"/>
<option name="movement" value="1"/>
<option name="transportCost" value="2"/>
<option name="isInfantry" value="true"/>
<option name="isParatroop" value="false"/>
<option name="isMechanized" value="false"/>
<option name="artillerySupportable" value="true"/>
<option name="movement" value="1"/>
<option name="artillery" value="true"/>
<option name="canBlitz" value="true"/>
<option name="carrierCost" value="1"/>
<option name="isAir" value="true"/>
<option name="isStrategicBomber" value="true"/>
<option name="transportCapacity" value="2"/>
<option name="isSea" value="true"/>
<option name="canBombard" value="true"/>
<option name="isTwoHit" value="true"/>
<option name="isDestroyer" value="true"/>
<option name="carrierCapacity" value="2"/>
<option name="isSub" value="true"/>
<option name="isFactory" value="true"/>
<option name="isAA" value="true"/>

Re: List of unit properties

Dan Slayer
here I am!!! Hi hü!

or excuse me, paa.. paars... paarsi.. parsival!

Thank you Veqryn, we got it now!!! Yeah!!! Paratroopers rulez!

(if I give isInfantry and isParatroop to another troop (artillery, AT-Gun...) so this works too! :)))

EDIT: but I have one problem, bomber attacks with the paratroopers... how can I to disable this? the bomber should only to be a transport airplane...
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: List of unit properties

Hü
Hi Ru... Ähm, Dan :D

Thanks a lot Veqryn! That is what I was looking for. Everything is clear, exept the Mechanised switch... What does it do?

P.

Re: List of unit properties

Edwin van der Wal
a fast moving landunit with isMechanized can take a unit with isInfantry on a ride when mechanizedInfantryTechAdvancement is enabled.

Re: List of unit properties

Hü
ok, cool thanks!

Re: List of unit properties

Dan Slayer
thx Edwin!

do you know, which rules package we need for?

HÜ! we need it for our mod!!!
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: List of unit properties

Hü
Yet another question:

Is it possible to prevent bombers that drop paratroopers from joining the battle? Meaning that in the combat-round they are just air-transport units, not bombers?

Re: List of unit properties

Dan Slayer
Edwin or Veqryn, can you tell me, how called the mech.inf.tech exactly?

<attatchment name="techAttatchment" attatchTo="Germans" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.TechAttachment" type="player">

<option name="MechanizedInfantry" value="true"/>

</attatchment>

like this?

or where can i find those list (like with properties of units upstairs) for tech development? in wikiA i couldnot find this one...
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: List of unit properties

Dan Slayer
I've found it in attachment set from Veqryn! :)))

<option name="mechanizedInfantry" value="false"/>
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: List of unit properties

Dan Slayer
Edwin or Veqryn, i have a question to mechanized function. Can you maybe help me?

I set the properties to ww2v3.

                <property name="Tech Development" value="true" editable="true">
                                                <boolean/>
                </property>

                <property name="WW2V3 Tech Model" value="true" editable="true">
                                                <boolean/>
                </property>

                <property name="WW2V3" value="true" editable="true">
                                                <boolean/>
                </property>

I have activate the mechanized tech

<attatchment name="techAttatchment" attatchTo="Germans" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.TechAttachment" type="player">
<option name="heavyBomber" value="false"/>
<option name="jetPower" value="false"/>
<option name="industrialTechnology" value="false"/>
<option name="superSub" value="false"/>
<option name="rocket" value="false"/>
<option name="longRangeAir" value="false"/>
<option name="mechanizedInfantry" value="true"/>
</attatchment>

... and give isInfantry to inf and isMechanized to MechInf (fast movementn unit).

<attatchment name="unitAttatchment" attatchTo="Infantrie" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="movement" value="1"/>
<option name="transportCost" value="2"/>
<option name="attack" value="1"/>
<option name="defense" value="2"/>
<option name="artillerySupportable" value="true"/>
<option name="isInfantry" value="true"/>
</attatchment>

<attatchment name="unitAttatchment" attatchTo="Mech.Inf." javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitAttachment" type="unitType">
<option name="movement" value="3"/>
<option name="transportCost" value="3"/>
<option name="attack" value="3"/>
<option name="defense" value="2"/>
<option name="artillery" value="true"/>
<option name="isMechanized" value="true"/>
</attatchment>

.... but the mechinf dont transport the infantry! what i have made wrong?! if I don't set the properties to ww2v3 is the same... :(

THX!
Anyone, who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield, will think hard before starting a war.

Otto von Bismarck

Re: List of unit properties

the infantry or whatever gets the is mech inf property
while the thing that moves it gets nothing
and i think that maybe the thing that moves it also has to be called "tank"

Re: List of unit properties

Dan Slayer
Thank you Veqryn!

The unit, that moves the mechanized infantry, has to have "canBlitz" in properties.

The unit, that has to get mechanized, must have isInfantry and isMechanized.

The mechanize-tech has to be activate.

It works! :) thanx! the mechanized unit get also blitz-ability: can move with tanks through empty enemy territory...