Java problem

I got the error message "The registry refers to a nonexistent Java Runtime Environment installation or the runtime is corrupted."

Any solutions? I found some suggested solutions when I googled it but non of them worked.

Re: Java problem

P@nther
Always difficult to help with so few information.

Anyway, assuming you are on Windows, please see

http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml

After removing get the latest Java Runtime Environment from www.java.com (better choose the offline-installer) matching your OS. Install either the 32bit or the 64bit version (depending on what you need).

Chances are good that it will run fine, then.

If not please come back, indicating the specifications of your system, OS, Java Version.

HTH :)

Re: Java problem

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it. When using the unistallment tool it warned me to proceed since I only had one version of Java. According to Java homepage it's the latest version. Java 8, update 101. My OS is Windows 10. Since the unistallment tool said that I only have one version I didn't proceed and assumed that something else was causing the problem. Naturally the problem still remains.

After the "The registry refers..." it says "It is not possible to find file" in Swedish.

Re: Java problem

P@nther
OK, thanks.

Still I would recommend to uninstall your current Java installation according to the hints stated in the given link. After that please do install from the appropriate offline-installation file.

Good luck.

Re: Java problem

Never distrust a P@nther. After re-installing of Java it works. Thanks a lot!

Re: Java problem

P@nther
You're welcome :-)

Re: Java problem

Proto
Same error, same solution.
uninstalling and reinstalling JAVA even though I had the latest version...
Thank you.

Re: Java problem

Lasse i Gatan
I have done a fresh uninstall and install of latest Java version for Windows.
But the latest TripleA builds do not launch past a blank Java Console window.

I have an earlier build, 1206, that have no problem with launch. However I could only download one map.
After that the map list only displays for a split second.

I am running Windows 10 Home edition, version 1607, on an Intel dual core with 6GB RAM.

Is there anything I can do?

Re: Java problem

P@nther
There has been a change in map management during the 1.9 development process.
Maps you probably downloaded with an older pre-release-version are most likely not compatible with the release version - causing the issue you described.

Please uninstall older TripleA pre-releases.

Please delete all maps (everything) that may be present in

\users\"name"\triplea\downloadedMaps

After that install and run the latest TripleA from http://www.triplea-game.org/
and reinstall all the maps you want using the ingame downloader.

In case you still encouter problems after that please search for an error.log file in your TripleA-installation directory. Open it with an editor (might take some time) and copy-paste the first about 20 lines here. Alternatively attach the log here (if not too big).

In case the console windows shows text, please just copy-paste it here.

Good luck. :)

Re: Java problem

Lasse i Gatan

Yes that worked! Thanks Panth@er.

The earlier TripleA version pointed at an earlier version of Java no longer installed.That caused an error when using the TripleA uninstaller.
I had to use the "rough" method of deleting the map instead. That have not caused any problems. The newer version were uninstalled properly, before reinstalled.

Again thanks!

Re: Java problem

P@nther
You are welcome, enjoy gaming
Cr

Re: Java problem

Cr
triplea.engine.version.bin:1.8.0.9
Could not parse:file:/C:/triplea_1_8_0_9/maps/SGM/games/SGM.xml
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Map already contains Estocolmo
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameMap.addTerritory(GameMap.java:168)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseTerritories(GameParser.java:771)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parseMap(GameParser.java:570)
        at games.strategy.engine.data.GameParser.parse(GameParser.java:119)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.ui.NewGameChooserEntry.fullyParseGameData(NewGameChooserEntry.java:54)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel.selectGameFile(GameSelectorPanel.java:389)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel.access$200(GameSelectorPanel.java:44)
        at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.GameSelectorPanel$2.actionPerformed(GameSelectorPanel.java:189)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at org.pushingpixels.substance.internal.utils.RolloverButtonListener.mouseReleased(RolloverButtonListener.java:124)
        at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

I speak spanish

Re: Java problem

@Cr - You have a map (C:/triplea_1_8_0_9/maps/SGM/games/SGM.xml) that has the same territory defined twice. You'll either need to remove or fix that map (SGM).

Re: Java problem

VanBattlesick
I have a problem where the game locks as soon as my opponent goes to combat. It also lags bad for me and locks with no warning on my turn. Here is the java script that shows in properties.

Can anyone help?

SYSTEM PROPERTIES
awt.toolkit sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
file.encoding Cp1252
file.encoding.pkg sun.io
file.separator \
java.awt.graphicsenv sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
java.awt.printerjob sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
java.class.path C:\Program Files\TripleA_1.9.0.0.3627\.install4j\i4jruntime.jar;C:\Program Files\TripleA_1.9.0.0.3627\.\bin\triplea.jar
java.class.version 52.0
java.endorsed.dirs c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\endorsed
java.ext.dirs c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext
java.home c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121
java.io.tmpdir C:\Users\Marja\AppData\Local\Temp\
java.library.path c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared;C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec MyWinLocker\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\EgisTec MyWinLocker\;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\bin;.
java.runtime.name Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment
java.runtime.version 1.8.0_121-b13
java.specification.name Java Platform API Specification
java.specification.vendor Oracle Corporation
java.specification.version 1.8
java.vendor Oracle Corporation
java.vendor.url http://java.oracle.com/
java.vendor.url.bug http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/
java.version 1.8.0_121
java.vm.info mixed mode
java.vm.name Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
java.vm.specification.name Java Virtual Machine Specification
java.vm.specification.vendor Oracle Corporation
java.vm.specification.version 1.8
java.vm.vendor Oracle Corporation
java.vm.version 25.121-b13
line.separator

os.arch amd64
os.name Windows 7
os.version 6.1
path.separator ;
sun.arch.data.model 64
sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtons true
sun.awt.exception.handler games.strategy.triplea.ui.ErrorHandler
sun.boot.class.path c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\resources.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\rt.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\sunrsasign.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\jsse.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\jce.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\charsets.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\lib\jfr.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\classes
sun.boot.library.path c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_121\bin
sun.cpu.endian little
sun.cpu.isalist amd64
sun.desktop windows
sun.io.unicode.encoding UnicodeLittle
sun.java.command games.strategy.engine.framework.GameRunner
sun.java.launcher SUN_STANDARD
sun.jnu.encoding Cp1252
sun.management.compiler HotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers
sun.os.patch.level Service Pack 1
triplea.client true
triplea.engine.version.bin 1.9
triplea.host 45.33.80.67
triplea.memory.set true
triplea.name VanBattlesick
triplea.port 40005
triplea.started true
user.country CA
user.dir C:\Program Files\TripleA_1.9.0.0.3627
user.home C:\Users\Marja
user.language en
user.name Marja
user.script