Is there a good way to update?

mscheaf
Every time a new version comes out, I get it and then proceed to re-download all my maps. It takes forever. I try to copy the stuff over to the new folder, but it just never seems to work right for various reasons. Is there some quick way to get all your downloads to the new version?

Re: Is there a good way to update?

U-boat
if you're on a PC, there should be a folder called triplea, that's placed under your user account somewhere (someone post exact details). If I were you I would keep everything in there. TripleA also reads that folder for maps, so if you put your maps in the maps section of that triplea folder, you can just delete triplea and install the new one without hassle.

Re: Is there a good way to update?

there are 2 folders where maps are located

where you installed triplea (program files usually) there is a maps folder
this folder contains ONLY the maps that come with triplea

when you first run triplea, a second folder is created (with no maps in it at first) in your USER files

when you download a map through triplea's download maps button, it is automatically placed in that user maps folder

ALL versions of triplea will read maps from both folders

which means that any maps in the user folder can be read by all versions of triplea that you have installed.