Quantcast

Industrial Bombing Math Error

Brian B.
Has anyone else experienced this? I'm industrial bombing the hell out of an AI opponent in the 6 Army FFA and the complex repair is only deducting half of the IPC damage that is recorded. Take a look at the log pasted below (I hope the screen shot takes) the log accurately lists the damage being repaired but does not deduct the full amount listed as made evident in the 'remaining resources' report (i.e. 140 Pus remaining and repairing 14 damage but only deducting 7 to end with 133). Seems like it's deducting half of the PUs despite listing the full amount in the report. Anyone else experiencing this?

 • Round: 35
• Research Technology
• Purchase Units
• British repair damage of 6x factory; Remaining resources: 0 techTokens; 140 PUs;
• British repair damage of 14x factory; Remaining resources: 0 techTokens; 133 PUs;
• British repair damage of 20x factory; Remaining resources: 0 techTokens; 123 PUs;
• British repair damage of 5x factory; Remaining resources: 0 techTokens; 120 PUs;
• British repair damage of 6x factory; Remaining resources: 0 techTokens; 117 PUs;
• British repair damage of 6x factory; Remaining resources: 0 techTokens; 114 PUs;
• British buy 1 armour, 9 artilleries and 15 infantry; Remaining resources: 0 techTokens; 28 PUs;

Re: Industrial Bombing Math Error

Brian B.
Just now noticing that the same math error is applied to me when repairing my own damage, so at least it's a 2 way issue. If this is an intended rule, I'm not seeing it in the notes.

Re: Industrial Bombing Math Error

Under v3 rules, Increased Factory Production tech allows you to repair 2 damages at 1 PUs cost.

I see that game is lacking an overview of the tech, and also the original v3 is not very good, here it is an overview made by me of the techs for WWIIv3 (I don't know if it is the same here, but I guess so):

*** Air/Naval Tech ***
SUPER SUBS- submarines attack at 3
JET POWER- fighters attack at 4
IMPROVED SHIPYARDS- submarine, transport and destroyer costs reduced by 1; cruiser cost reduced by 2; carrier and battleship costs reduced by 3
AA RADAR- AA hit on 2 or less
LONG RANGE AIRCRAFT- aircraft range increased by 2
HEAVY BOMBER- roll 2 dice at 4 for each bomber in attack and 2 dice for each bomber in bombing raid, count only the best one

*** Land/Production Tech ***
IMPROVED ARTILLERY SUPPORT- artillery support 2 infantry
ROCKETS ADVANCE- AA conduct rocket attacks, with a range of 3, for 1d6 damage to production (each factory may only be targeted once per turn, and only 1 rocket in each territory may fire) (AA conducting rocket attacks can't move)
PARATROOPERS- bombers may carry 1 infantry each into combat (both units must begin their movement in the same territory; the bomber can't make a bombing raid; the bomber must stop its Combat Move movement in the first territory it enters that was enemy owned at start turn; if the attacked territory has only AA and no other defending units, the AA are captured with no battle; if the bomber is hit by AA, the infantry it carries is also destroyed; paratroopers alone have no way to retreat; if retreat is possible, paratroopers retreat together with all other retreating land units)
INCREASED FACTORY PRODUCTION- factories produce 2 additional units, if territory value is 3 or greater; repair 1/2 price, rounded up
WAR BONDS- collect a 1d6 extra PUs each turn
MECHANIZED INFANTRY- armours may carry 1 infantry each

Note: In the old version, this tech worked this way:
HEAVY BOMBER- roll 2 dice at 4 for each bomber in attack and 2 dice for each bomber in bombing raid

Re: Industrial Bombing Math Error

Brian B.
That explains it. Both powers in question have the factory production tech. Thanks for the clarification.