I can't change game musics

Navalland
I have been trying to change game musics but I can't. Is there any a kind of restriction? I have shorten my game starting music (31 second, shorter than Napoleonic's music). But didn't work.

ALso I want to change country's musics.

Re: I can't change game musics

Frostion
Try to study the “Caribbean Trade War” or “Dragon War” maps I made. They have specific player music. Every nation has 1 music file that is played every time it is that players turn.

All the sound files are located in the “sounds” folder, but the playing of them is controlled by editing the “sounds.properties” file.

PS: I would keep the length of music down to 30-120 seconds. That is the length I aim for, and I am hoping that this ensures that a player will most likely be done with the specific nation’s actions before maybe having to handle a new nation or the same nation again. There is a risk of sounds/music being played on top of each other. And this does not sound very nice.

PPS: I have tried to always list instructions in the map notes on how to turn off the music.

PPPS: I have tried to also have the volume of the music a bit lower than the other sounds. I think the music might irritate some players and motivate them to just turn of the speakers.

Re: I can't change game musics

Navalland
It still don't work. I created "sounds" file and added "StartSoviet_Union" (this is wav file). Also I have sounds.proterties

"Sound.Default.Folder=ww2

required_your_turn_series_Soviet_Union=StartSoviet_Union.wav"

I don know where is the problem?

I don know where is the problem?

Re: I can't change game musics

Frostion
And you know that TripleA 1.9.0.0 is using .mp3, and TripleA 1.8.0.9 is using .wav only?

One possible problem could be the name “Soviet_Union”. Is this really the player name? or is it “Soviet-Union” or “SovietUnion”?

Otherwise I cant see what the problem could be

Re: I can't change game musics

Navalland
I uploaded another music file (to Germany). Still didnt work. :(  This is 1.8.0.9) and the file is wav

https://www.sendspace.com/file/gzqtot

Re: I can't change game musics

Frostion
I looked at your map fies. You have to correct something.

If your sounds.properties says: required_your_turn_series_Germany=Germany.wav
Then the file name must be “Germany.wav”

If your sounds.properties says: required_your_turn_series_Germany=StartGermany.wav
Then the file name must be “StartGermany.wav”

Re: I can't change game musics

Navalland
It didnt work. I think this map has specific sound problem. Because this original map was released in Jan 2012.