How to mod things that aren't in map xml?

How to mod things that aren't in map xml?

sb2008
Nothing complicated, just the SIMPLEST things

I made it so WWIIv3 use 12 sided dice, so a lot of bonuses should give +2 instead of +1
Things like defining "artillerysupportable", to make it give +2 bonus
Things like defining "isAA", because AA should fire at 2, instead of 1.
Things like modding technology/research bonuses (for jet power & super subs)
Also, the options "bombingBonus" and "bombingMaxDieSides" do not work for me when I add them to the bomber. (I'd like to have 6-sided dice when doing bombing run, or to have the 12-sided result be halved before being applied)

Additional simple things that I'd like to change
Changing the price of Tech Tokens
Use 6-sided dice when rolling tech tokens, OR have the tech tokens hit on a 11 or 12, instead of just 12.

More complicated things
Allow defenders to retreat after 2nd round of combat

Where can I find the files to mod these values?

Re: How to mod things that aren't in map xml?

eurofabio
Look at POS2 (pact of steel) that came with all triplea versions.

The only thing that I think you can't do is "Allow defenders to retreat after 2nd round of combat"

Re: How to mod things that aren't in map xml?

sb2008
This post was updated on .
eurofabio wrote
Look at POS2 (pact of steel) that came with all triplea versions.

The only thing that I think you can't do is "Allow defenders to retreat after 2nd round of combat"

Thanks, it helped with the 6-sided die for SBR, and setting the AA value, as well as the tech bonuses

However, the POS2 xml file just explains the relationships between "artillerySupportable", "artillery" and "unitsupportcount", which I already know. It doesn't tell me how to change the bonus from +1 to +2.

I tried adding

                                <attatchment name="supportAttachmentartillery" attatchTo="artillery" javaClass="games.strategy.triplea.attatchments.UnitSupportAttachment" type="unitType">
                                                <option name="unitType" value="infantry"/>
                                                <option name="faction" value="allied"/>
                                                <option name="side" value="offence"/>
                                                <option name="dice" value="strength"/>
                                                <option name="bonus" value="2"/>
                                                <option name="number" value="1"/>
                                                <option name="bonusType" value="ArtyOld"/>
                                                <option name="impArtTech" value="true"/>
                                </attatchment>

Nope, it has no effect. I tried both "ArtyOld" and "ArtyNew"

Also, is it possible to have selected units from selected adjacent provinces participate in a battle on the defender's side? (When you move enemy units to reinforce an attacked enemy province in Edit Mode in your combat move phase, those units become the attackers rather than defenders in the subsequent battle). No need for coding, just a way to arbitrarily add units to a fight without the annoying "Territory is start or end of a pending move"

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Re: How to mod things that aren't in map xml?

eurofabio
No, it is not possible.

sb2008 wrote
Also, is it possible to have selected units from selected adjacent provinces participate in a battle on the defender's side? (When you move enemy units to reinforce an attacked enemy province in Edit Mode in your combat move phase, those units become the attackers rather than defenders in the subsequent battle). No need for coding, just a way to arbitrarily add units to a fight without the annoying "Territory is start or end of a pending move"

Re: How to mod things that aren't in map xml?

sb2008
This post was updated on .
Still need a solution to make the artillery bonus +2 instead of +1 :S

SOLVED: Missing
<option name="players" value="Germans:Russians:Japanese:British:Italians:Chinese:Americans"/>

Re: How to mod things that aren't in map xml?

HuskerMike
Total World War has 12-sided dice.

It has different values for AA, both for the land AA unit a and cruisers.

It also has different AA values for AT guns (vs tanks) and DD's (vs subs).
Go Big Red!