How to Create a Map?

Cleisthenis
Hi there, I've enjoyed playing for a while now, and have been thinking about creating a map lately. I found the Triple A Map Creator App, but it always crashes out when I try to continue beyond uploading my map image.

I'm on Mac, and I've tried increasing the heap size to max and everything but I think I'll have to wait until that project gets stable.

I've searched high and low and can't seem to find a guide on creating a map without it.

I have very little programming experience, but I'm sure I can learn what I need to use to make this work. Any help, tips, links or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Cleisthenis

Re: How to Create a Map?

Zim Xero
Im not sure how to add a hot link here.  The name of the thread you are looking for is:
 How to use the source code? complete walk through please?

Also, in one of todays posts, Veqryn wrote and gave access to the most complete mapmaking guide to date.

Re: How to Create a Map?

Cleisthenis

Re: How to Create a Map?

Cleisthenis
Does the java Map Creator utility only included in the windows version of the game? I can't seem to find it.

Re: How to Create a Map?

the new map creator comes with triplea, and will be available with the next release, which should be in a week or two

Re: How to Create a Map?

Cleisthenis
Cool thanks! Maybe by then i'll have figured out how to do it manually as you've outlined in those links. :P