How does <placeUnit> work?

Hobbes__
I'm trying to use this feature but everytime I use it I get the java error:
"The content of element type "unitInitialize" must match "(unitPlacement*,heldUnits*)".

If I ignore the error and proceed I can still place the unit and the game proceeds.

Any ideas?

Re: How does <placeUnit> work?

held units must come AFTER all place units

please see my map that uses them for correct implementation

ww2v4 free for all

Re: How does <placeUnit> work?

Hobbes__
Veqryn wrote
held units must come AFTER all place units
got it. thanks

Re: How does <placeUnit> work?

btw hobbes,

as you said in the tracker, it only works if there is a bid amount

true
but just set the bid amount to "1"

it is too low to buy anything, but activates the placement of unit held units

(and subtract 1 from the starting income if so desired)

Re: How does <placeUnit> work?

Hobbes__
That's what I am using right now, setting 1 as bid. It works almost perfectly for what I want for  Invasion USA, which is to remove production of new units from a scenario and the players instead have a fixed amount of units to use throughout the entire game. This will be a major step in bringing the scenario closer to the original Fortress America.

Re: How does <placeUnit> work?

Useful for a D-Day mod as well.