Greyhawk Wars: Re-envisioned and Relaunched

Re: Greyhawk Wars: Re-envisioned and Relaunched

Arnuz
Found this on the experimental tab, looks truly epic!

I must be forgetting something, I'm a triple a big noob. I get "this territory has no factory" everywhere, even on my capital. What am i doing wrong? Some of the game start advanced options?
If so, what are the suggested options? (Feel free to just point me there if you'be already documented then)

Kudos for this, I remember playing the game exactly once many years ago - I'll try to involve old friends :)

Re: Greyhawk Wars: Re-envisioned and Relaunched

panguitch
Greyhawk Wars is quite different from standard TripleA games, so be sure to read the game notes (the Notes tab once you're inside Greyhawk).

For instance, leader and hero units function as factories. You cannot place new units in a territory unless a hero or leader is there.

Feel free to ask any other questions.

Greyhawk Wars
TripleA in the original Dungeons & Dragons world

Re: Greyhawk Wars: Re-envisioned and Relaunched

Arnuz
This post was updated on .
I should have seen the RTFM coming, critical hit ^_^' done so. Amazing, the work you've done is awesome, and I am not one to use the word lightly.

If I may - would it be possible to have one of these:
- rollover text on the shields, that shows the name of the diplomacy options. (or did I miss that?) And all diplomacy options as shields if possible. Or as icons like the objectives? Well, something to show them on the map anyway
- a minimap in the notes, with the diplomacy options and objectives highlighted

Would make it a lot easier for the newbs, and the non english speakers, like my troglo friends :D

Re: Greyhawk Wars: Re-envisioned and Relaunched

panguitch
I'm always happy for suggestions. Unfortunately, there are limits to what can be done with the TripleA engine, and as far as I know rollover text for map decorations isn't possible.

Including a map of diplomacy and objectives in the notes is an interesting idea. There is a lot of overlap between factions' options, so it might be hard to do in a visually simple way. I'll make a note of this idea and play with it.

Greyhawk Wars
TripleA in the original Dungeons & Dragons world

Re: Greyhawk Wars: Re-envisioned and Relaunched

Arnuz
Maybe written on the map, ancient maps style? Anyway... Thanks for being so attentive!

Yesterday me and a super tired friend got rolled over a bit by fast AI, doog times! I used the North, he the south, so many options... I went for magic items in round one, got giants but that probably overstretched me, furyondy pounced and we passed the rest of the game (3 rounds) switching Molag over. In the meanwhile he was learning the ship basics - next time we'll try to get to meet each other... 😅
1234