Great War relief tiles

Pulicat
I have made reliefs for Great War. They resemble the style of v3, except I have mostly used my own map-texture for the land (and they are seamless and non-repeating). Yes, I really did find that much map texture. I have also added a few graphics. Will kev please include them in the next TripleA release?

zip

thanks,
puli
how now brown cow?

Re: Great War relief tiles

edit:

ComradeKev,
when you add these relief tiles, please also add this fixed map.properties file
the reason is, because the "map.hasRelief=false" obviously needs to be changed to "map.hasRelief=true"

map.properties

original post:

nice, i like them

but a couple comments,

First, are there any other water (or cloud) patterns out there?
I am getting a little bored of ww2v3 style water popping up on all maps (ww2v2, ww2v3, ww2v4, big world, diplomacy, etc.)
If there aren't any good or easy to find water patterns out there, perhaps you could apply a filter or after-affect to the water to make it look slightly different?

Second, I would love to see a couple more slightly faded pictures / artwork from ww1 included.  The british soldiers in the trench, and the 2 biplanes dogfighting are Awesome, and we need a couple more like that.

good job,
veqryn

edit,
Third, the bottom 3 cut-outs, I can see text and sometimes it is upside down, sometimes it is sideways, sometimes it all just looks grainy / too sharpened down there.

Re: Great War relief tiles

Pulicat
Hi Veq,

I updated the reliefs. The reason why i use the v3 style water is because a water pattern that is too detailed (has ripples etc) would interfere with the faded art images that are placed in the water. Thus i am actually looking for something with very low contrast and low variance. I did change the color a bit because the original colors kind of clash with Russia.

puli
how now brown cow?

Re: Great War relief tiles

looks good